How much do you hate basebore?

How mich do you hate basebore?

• Total voters
Oh, I'm a big baseball fan... if the Red Sox are playing in October.

I used to live in easy walking distance of the local park. I found the game the Little League players put on much more entertaining and creative than the big leagues.

I don't hate it. The Sox have been a really fun team this year to watch. I get pretty excited this time of year with the season coming to an end and the playoffs about to begin right when football kicks off.

Too many games that take too long for my taste. I'll occasionally watch (if I have NESN at the time) in the playoffs, but that is about it.

Honestly, when I am just channel surfing, I have found college softball (from teams I know nothing about), to be a much more entertaining game.

I think in order to hate something, it has to a have base level of relevance that I just don't think baseball has. Indifference seems to be the appropriate reaction to baseball. It's not important or interesting enough to hate.

I think in order to hate something, it has to a have base level of relevance that I just don't think baseball has. Indifference seems to be the appropriate reaction to baseball. It's not important or interesting enough to hate.

I second this emotion. Indifference.

I don't hate it. The Sox have been a really fun team this year to watch. I get pretty excited this time of year with the season coming to an end and the playoffs about to begin right when football kicks off.

The All Star game just passed 2 weeks ago.

It's about half done.

Used to be a bigger baseball fan than anything. Couldn't wait to get the paper in the morning to digest box scores. Hated when the Sox were on the West Coast.

Played (and was pretty good) baseball all throughout my childhood/adolescence. Couldn't get enough.

Monday Night Baseball was the best. Didn't care who was playing.

This Week in Baseball with Mel Allen was awesome.

Grew up watching the West Haven Yankees play regularly. The Bristol Red Sox would come to visit every once in a while.

Yaz was my favorite player as a kid.

2004 was a very special year for me.

Baseball to this day still remains my favorite sport. It's only boring to people that don't understand it and don't know what they're watching (and the worst part of that is when they think they do and vocalize their uneducated opinions...I'd rather listen to cats phuck ...). I played, my son played at a very high youth level and is thinking about playing again. That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing the season shortened in terms of number of games and games played per week.

Not as much as I hate this poll.

:coffee:

Baseball to this day still remains my favorite sport. It's only boring to people that don't understand it and don't know what they're watching (and the worst part of that is when they think they do and vocalize their uneducated opinions...I'd rather listen to cats phuck ...). I played, my son played at a very high youth level and is thinking about playing again. That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing the season shortened in terms of number of games and games played per week.

love baseball, Love going to games.

I agree that my love increased 10fold when I began to coach it with the 13-15 year old kids and how much thought went into everything. Those kids and I were playing 3-4 games a week from April until late August (travelling teams), they were at my house talking baseball. it was a fun time coaching and well I put fear into the kids so they behaved.

of course my steal sign was to adjust my privates and we stole a lot so one dad jokingly asked if I had crabs....

There's just too much.

Saturation point.

Once football starts its background noise for me. I'll pay increasingly more attention down the stretch and thru the playoffs. Not right now.

Too many games that take too long for my taste. I'll occasionally watch (if I have NESN at the time) in the playoffs, but that is about it.

Honestly, when I am just channel surfing, I have found college softball (from teams I know nothing about), to be a much more entertaining game.

This x100.

One of the most exciting elements of the NFL is that every single game matters.

Obviously all games matter to some extent in other sports, but it's hard to care about the outcome of an NHL/NBA game in November let alone an MLB game in June.

Playoffs can be exciting though so I'll watch it from time to time. It's probably the only pro sport I've never followed closely (and watched games regularly) at one time or another. NFL, NHL, NBA, tennis, soccer, golf, etc. I've followed and watched regularly at different points in my life. Baseball, not so much.

I also find it pretty boring live.

Beisboll? :yawn::yawn:

Although I understand it's been berry, berry good to some. :)

That and people who aren't interested in watching dudes try to hit a ball with a stick for 6 hours.

I accept there are nuances I don't understand, but I don't care because the general premise isn't interesting to me.

I also find it pretty boring live.
This is the hardest part for someone like me to understand. No sporting event is boring live, hell I have watched the spelling Bee and felt excitement when someone pulls a answer out of their ass. Soccer games in a crowd of fanatics is an incredible take, so much fun and I have no clue about soccer.

But to each their own. I get it is your opinion and I will not change it.

I think growing up in Boston with the years of failure and always wishing for the next year makes you into a fanatic.

My kids are not crazed baseball fans but they love sitting in the stadium, sun is going down, cold drink as the night cools off, the vision of all that green, it is amazing.

I took them to see the Brockton Rox a lot when Buckner was there and they will not watch a game with me on TV but IF I offer to take them to a game they jump at it. I took them to see a few cape cod baseball games last summer. We went to Futures at Fenway several times. They have been to the Sox. The love live baseball and asking questions about what should they do and seeing if the move agrees with what I, or the collection of us backstop managers in the area say.

And wins in April do count, every game counts just like any other sport, wins get you into the playoffs and that is all you want. the percentage is matters when thinking 1/162 as opposed to 1/16 may be less but it is no less important.

and listening to the Sox, while hanging out with friends by a fire with the radio just loud enough to listen to the call is a great way to spend the night. the breaks in action allow you to converse and discuss the next move while enjoying the game.

Both Baseball and Football exist of about 3-6 seconds of action followed by 30 seconds of inactivity.

I've referred to it as 'Yawnball' for years now. It sucks.

Loved it when I was a little kid growing up in RI, but quickly became indifferent after 'discovering' football (The Raiders-Vikings Superbowl was the first game I know for sure I watched on TV).

Indifference turned to hate after the '93(?) strike.

I did follow The Idiots and the WS win, but -in all honesty- it was more because of my lingering Yankees hate than my old Red Sox love.

Back