I'm shocked and speechless - Manning

I don't think there is any way a network would touch him the way things look now.

He's radioactive. The HGH is nothing, but unless he can spin the sexual assault, which seems to be gaining traction every day I don't think you'll see him trying to be the next Chris Collinsworth because most women and even a lot of men who can read and think for themselves won't want to look at his mis-shapen, misogynistic squash no matter how carefully he has managed his persona over the years.

Unlike a lot of ex-players who end up in broadcasting he sure doesn't need the money. I'm thinking he plays a lot of golf for next year at least and takes up steady drinking as a hobby.

Possibly but the network brass is still waiting to see the traction a 20 year old story gets and how it affects Manning's overall public image. Once Manning announces his retirement the documentaries praising Manning will roll on and on which will offset teabagginggate to a large extent. Polls can tell the networks that kind of stuff. If we see Nationwide and Budweiser drop him or cut back on his TV commercials in a big way, we'll know Manning's rep has been hurt.

I don't ever see Manning as a game analyst like Collinsworth. I see him in NYC headqtrs previewing and doing postmortems on games in a panel situation. He may even want Rodney's job opposite Dungy.

He doesn't need the money but he needs the limelight and adoring fans. He's addicted and rehab isn't easy.

Something we've learned from the way Archie and Peyton handled HGHgate and teabagginggate is that the Manning family is vindictive and vengeful.

Peyton is likely retiring and some company will pay him to join their broadcasting team.

If any national sports broadcasting network were to pick up these stories with enthusiasm you can be sure Peyton would knock it off his list of potential places to work next year. No company is going to touch these stories for fear of losing any chance to land Peyton.
vindictive bastard will punish the networks and refuse to work for them but

I don't think there is any way a network would touch him the way things look now.

He's radioactive. The HGH is nothing, but unless he can spin the sexual assault, which seems to be gaining traction every day I don't think you'll see him trying to be the next Chris Collinsworth because most women and even a lot of men who can read and think for themselves won't want to look at his mis-shapen, misogynistic squash no matter how carefully he has managed his persona over the years.

Unlike a lot of ex-players who end up in broadcasting he sure doesn't need the money. I'm thinking he plays a lot of golf for next year at least and takes up steady drinking as a hobby.
I think this is growing and no one will touch him.

I swear it is like Phil Sims released the info to save his job.

This is sticky for Manning. He can't say anything because of the settlement. So he is unable to do any damage control other than trying to influence his friends in the media but right now the media is in attack mode. This lawsuit is not going away anytime soon so the story will remain in the media for quite some time.

It is hard to say what the companies he sponsors will do. Sex charges are like a lead balloon and it will be hard for people to ever look at Manning again without thinking about what he did to that woman. You add to that the HGH stuff and this is dicey. His brand has been irrevocably harmed right now. Could it recover? Possibly but I am not sure how. Stuff like this does not just disappear and given Manning's control-freak personality and grudge holding, he could make this worse like he did with the book in an effort to try to clear his name and disparage this woman.

Possibly but the network brass is still waiting to see the traction a 20 year old story gets and how it affects Manning's overall public image. Once Manning announces his retirement the documentaries praising Manning will roll on and on which will offset teabagginggate to a large extent. Polls can tell the networks that kind of stuff. If we see Nationwide and Budweiser drop him or cut back on his TV commercials in a big way, we'll know Manning's rep has been hurt.

I don't ever see Manning as a game analyst like Collinsworth. I see him in NYC headqtrs previewing and doing postmortems on games in a panel situation. He may even want Rodney's job opposite Dungy.

He doesn't need the money but he needs the limelight and adoring fans. He's addicted and rehab isn't easy.

He's not suppose to endorse alcholic beverages per the NFL rules no player is. He owns stock in 2 Anheusar Busch distributing company's though. Bud didn't pay him to say it ..... But that doesn't mean he didn't benefit from it though.

I do agree with the league covering his a$$ once again when he retires and shameless promoting him. As far as working within the networks I still don't see it. Yes his ego is huge but it's more Elway huge.

~Dee~

I've been on their boards posting and they are clueless but some are coming around to the douchebag that Manning is. NewColtsFan is one of them. He is calling out their false worship at every turn. It is great. But ManninHGH is their hero. Many there wanted Denver to win over the Colts so not surprising that they would try to defend him at all costs. I see Bayone is back. Talk about a clueless poster. Wow. Nice guy but totally blind ...
Babooey sees the racial line in this coming to light so he is partly right but of courses misses the douchy ManninHGH.

That's interesting seeing as you were banned...

Drinking Budweiser no doubt.

sub-lepage-articleInline.jpg

That's interesting seeing as you were banned...

lol. Was I? I have to say it has gotten really sour over there. At least you had Peyton* winning to try to take that sting out of a horrific season for the Colts but now with the HGH and these sex allegations just awful. There used to be so many good posters there a few years ago and now it is just awful. I still PM with some of the oldies but goodies ...

Shaun King wrote a good article in a follow up to his first one. It seemed specifically to target Peter King who laughably tried to wave this latest Manning scandal in this weeks MMQB off by claiming Shaun King's article was one sided in telling only Naughright's allegations and was short on facts.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...o-witch-hunt-peyton-manning-article-1.2532242

King is a flipping hack & only you buffoons buy his non-sense.

At least Florio gets it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-down-in-his-crusade-against-peyton-manning/

Shaun King wrote a good article in a follow up to his first one. It seemed specifically to target Peter King who laughably tried to wave this latest Manning scandal in this weeks MMQB off by claiming Shaun King's article was one sided in telling only Naughright's allegations and was short on facts.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...o-witch-hunt-peyton-manning-article-1.2532242

I think Florio is right about Shaun King's law knowledge and shortcomings, that said the document he has - even if it is an advocacy piece on behalf of her lawyers - is compelling.

S King teased that he knew what the 1994 redacted controversy was and that they might release it in the next few days. I hate this "we may publish this" crap. Either you have a story or you don't.

I guess what I'm getting at is I wish this whole thing were in the hands of a more competent journalist.

King is a flipping hack & only you buffoons buy his non-sense.

At least Florio gets it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-down-in-his-crusade-against-peyton-manning/

And yet she won on 3 separate occasions with 3 separate judges and courts one of which was a Manning chosen court , the federal court in Florida. Peyton even lost his counter suit. Now 6 other women are suing Tenn on sexual harassment and rape charges stemming from their consistent cover ups and support of the offending athlete. If Manning just apologized and kept his vindictive mouth shut .......

~Dee~

Back