I'm shocked and speechless - Manning

Was the confidentiality agreement from the 1996 time frame or after the 2003 claim when the book came out? If the agreement came out after the book, then she really can't say anything or there would be a breach and she would set herself up for major liability if Manning chose to sue her.

If there was a confidentiality agreement before the book came out and the Mannings breached, she can say whatever she wants to say.

If her deposition was not sealed, it is a public document and she can talk about anything that she said, under oath, in that document but not one word more.

The confidentiality agreement originated with the court in 1996.

I've been on their boards posting and they are clueless but some are coming around to the douchebag that Manning is. NewColtsFan is one of them. He is calling out their false worship at every turn. It is great. But ManninHGH is their hero. Many there wanted Denver to win over the Colts so not surprising that they would try to defend him at all costs. I see Bayone is back. Talk about a clueless poster. Wow. Nice guy but totally blind ...
Babooey sees the racial line in this coming to light so he is partly right but of courses misses the douchy ManninHGH.

For whatever reason, they "need" Manning to be this super-duper guy, a great person... they all think they know who is he... but the reality is, we don't know these guys at all.

Was the confidentiality agreement from the 1996 time frame or after the 2003 claim when the book came out? If the agreement came out after the book, then she really can't say anything or there would be a breach and she would set herself up for major liability if Manning chose to sue her.

If there was a confidentiality agreement before the book came out and the Mannings breached, she can say whatever she wants to say.

If her deposition was not sealed, it is a public document and she can talk about anything that she said, under oath, in that document but not one word more.

Im talking about after the 2003 settlement. Apperantly they settled in 2004 and he then breach it again in 2005 during some ESPN Manning documentary. she brought another suit and he counter sued. The original was from the original claim against Tenn. I would think there would have to one after the 2005 suit as Manning has breach it twice. But have no idea for certain one way or the other if one is still in place I would think she would still want one. All this is coming from the SI article chev posted.

~Dee~

For whatever reason, they "need" Manning to be this super-duper guy, a great person... they all think they know who is he... but the reality is, we don't know these guys at all.

Yeah. I think for his fans that have always clung on to his character as a way to try to prop him up over Brady because his on-field performances/accomplishments were never good enough.

I also think it is an Indiana thing even though Manning is not from there. They want their athletes to be wholesome and down to earth, good guys. I kind of feel bad for them because all they really have is ManninHGH in terms of their sports world unlike us here in Boston who have multiple sports and such a rich sports history of great athletes. I think for some of them the notion that ManninHGH is a fraud is just too much. I mean Gramz over there has a shrine room to ManninHGH. It is unreal the worship and I don't think we can comprehend it as Bostonians.

But you are right. We don't know these guys but I have to admit what has come out on Peyton* this year from the HGH stuff to the goons he sent to Sly's house to these sexual assault charges has shocked me. Perhaps I fell for the media hype machine too.

Yeah. I think for his fans that have always clung on to his character as a way to try to prop him up over Brady because his on-field performances/accomplishments were never good enough.

I also think it is an Indiana thing even though Manning is not from there. They want their athletes to be wholesome and down to earth, good guys. I kind of feel bad for them because all they really have is ManninHGH in terms of their sports world unlike us here in Boston who have multiple sports and such a rich sports history of great athletes. I think for some of them the notion that ManninHGH is a fraud is just too much. I mean Gramz over there has a shrine room to ManninHGH. It is unreal the worship and I don't think we can comprehend it as Bostonians.

But you are right. We don't know these guys but I have to admit what has come out on Peyton* this year from the HGH stuff to the goons he sent to Sly's house to these sexual assault charges has shocked me. Perhaps I fell for the media hype machine too.

Had to lurk and check out the thread that PF09 mentioned... wow. These guys who were all ready to throw Brady to the dogs based on circumstantial evidence -- over the alleged deflation of footballs, mind you -- are pretty quick to exonerate their guy. Because, everyone knows, sexual assault is no big deal in comparison to PSI levels.

Integrity. They gots it.
:coffee:

we fried Zeke Mowatt - the patriot Missle

Zeke was only fined $12,500 for "fondling his genitals" while Lisa Olsen was in the Pats locker room supposingly interviewing players. There was a final undisclosed settlement between Olsen and the Pats for Kiam's stupid joke about her and civil rights violations. Mowatt played 1990 with the Pats then went back to the Giants in 1991. But this was not a rape or physical sexual assault like the PM current situation.

The attempt by Manning and his supporters to turn him into this golly-gee, leave it to Beaver slice of innocent Americana is really sick and more fool the gullible twits who fell for it.

It's always better to be true to yourself and not become a phony, people will eventually see through it. Ray Lewis and Manning are genuine phonies and it's amazing how people fall for the act. Guys like Ray Rice and Peterson were the same, preaching about Jesus this and Jesus and portraying themselves as god loving model citizens, but their true selves eventually sprung up for the world to see. Lance Armstrong ditto.

Give me a genuine douche like Jay Cutler for example any day of the weak. He's a twat, but he has never hid that and is who he is.

Another Manning story flying under the radar:

http://www.law360.com/articles/7464...in-memorabilia-case?article_related_content=1

Giants' Manning Must Face Fraud Claims In Memorabilia Case
By Alex Wolf

Law360, New York (January 13, 2016, 11:22 PM ET) -- A New Jersey judge on Wednesday sustained racketeering and fraud claims against New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning, while trimming the overall complaint, which accuses the team and others of railroading a sports memorabilia dealer to hide their distribution of bogus collectibles.

Plaintiff Eric Inselberg’s wide-ranging suit alleges that Giants equipment staff and even Manning knowingly peddled fake game-worn memorabilia, and that the team exposed Inselberg to mail fraud charges to cover up those activities. The complaint also included claims of unjust enrichment and idea misappropriation.

http://www.law360.com/articles/612905/expanded-suit-says-ny-giants-eli-manning-sold-fake-merch

Anyone willing to burn money for anything of the Manninhgh's should be fair game...as they're fools.

LMAO! Twat is such a funny word and it describes Cutler perfectly!

Are you saying he is perfectly described as a "vagina" (and maybe you are). Cuz that was the only thing that word meant back in my high school days. Or is this another example of a slang word changing meaning over time, like the word "dork". In my youth, calling someone a dork was the same as calling someone a "dick", and you'd never say it in polite society. Now you hear the word dork being used on commercials and in G-rated movies as a way to say someone is a nerd or a jerk.

Are you saying he is perfectly described as a "vagina" (and maybe you are). Cuz that was the only thing that word meant back in my high school days. Or is this another example of a slang word changing meaning over time, like the word "dork". In my youth, calling someone a dork was the same as calling someone a "dick", and you'd never say it in polite society. Now you hear the word dork being used on commercials and in G-rated movies as a way to say someone is a nerd or a jerk.

Yeah, it typically means what you said. pussy

Something we've learned from the way Archie and Peyton handled HGHgate and teabagginggate is that the Manning family is vindictive and vengeful.

Peyton is likely retiring and some company will pay him to join their broadcasting team.

If any national sports broadcasting network were to pick up these stories with enthusiasm you can be sure Peyton would knock it off his list of potential places to work next year. No company is going to touch these stories for fear of losing any chance to land Peyton.

Something we've learned from the way Archie and Peyton handled HGHgate and teabagginggate is that the Manning family is vindictive and vengeful.

Peyton is likely retiring and some company will pay him to join their broadcasting team.

If any national sports broadcasting network were to pick up these stories with enthusiasm you can be sure Peyton would knock it off his list of potential places to work next year. No company is going to touch these stories for fear of losing any chance to land Peyton.

I don't think there is any way a network would touch him the way things look now.

He's radioactive. The HGH is nothing, but unless he can spin the sexual assault, which seems to be gaining traction every day I don't think you'll see him trying to be the next Chris Collinsworth because most women and even a lot of men who can read and think for themselves won't want to look at his mis-shapen, misogynistic squash no matter how carefully he has managed his persona over the years.

Unlike a lot of ex-players who end up in broadcasting he sure doesn't need the money. I'm thinking he plays a lot of golf for next year at least and takes up steady drinking as a hobby.

No company is going to touch these stories for fear of losing any chance to land Peyton.

This is true. And god forbid these companies let integrity get in the way of cash money...

**** Peyton. But you know what? **** the NFL and media and general sporting world in general. This is some disgusting shit right here - the actual act and the YEARS of vindictive assaults on this woman's character and career. This clown should have been exposed years ago but his career is already finished. He got to enjoy a long, prestigious career and made millions off of his image. That homegrown, golly gee every man image is partly what divided people in the Manning/Brady debate -- the guy next door vs the playboy. It's disgusting that he was able to cultivate a football/PR career that exploited a squeaky clean image and now we know it was just a sham. And in the process a highly respected and innocent woman was railroaded because she was unlucky enough to be sexually assaulted by Peyton ****ing Manning.

:mad::mad::mad:

According to quite a few Colt fans, this woman brought it upon herself, and is just going after people for money.

What a pathetic fan base.

Indy has always been the most delusional fanbase. But really all they have his Manninhgh as their team is a dumpster fire with Frick and Frack returning to help end Andrew Luck's career.

This is very interesting. Kravitz said that Manninhgh holds grudges. One of his worst qualities he says. This helps to explain some of his infantile behavior over the years.

Kravitz: Second lawsuit was sparked by Peyton Manning holding a grudge

Posted by Mike Florio on February 15, 2016, 8:46 PM EST
AP
The 1996 incident involving Jamie Naughright and Peyton Manning became the subject of two lawsuits because, after an initial claim against the University of Tennessee was settled, Naughright sued Manning for defamation of character.

She claimed that he and his father, Archie, disseminated false information about her in their book Manning. Specifically, Peyton referred to her as having a “vulgar mouth.”
So why did Peyton choose to even mention someone who already had filed a lawsuit based on his alleged behavior? Bob Kravitz of WTHR.com, who covered Manning throughout his time with the Colts, offered up a simple explanation on Monday’s PFT Live on NBC Sports Radio.

“Because he holds grudges,” Kravitz said. “He is one of the great grudge-holders I’ve ever seen and it’s not something that he wears particularly well. It’s probably I would say one of his worst qualities. We saw it, remember the Pro Bowl, where he was angry at Mike Vanderjagt and a couple of days later Peyton went off on Mike Vanderjagt called him a liquored-up kicker. [Former Colts coach] Jim Mora was very critical of him after a game against San Fransisco. It was actually the ‘playoffs’ rant game, and [Manning] thought about it for a couple of days and went off on Jim Mora in a conference call with Baltimore writers. He remembers everything. He remembers slights like most athletes do and I think that’s that was all about is he holds grudges.”
Manning has remained silent in the aftermath of the latest developments regarding a 13-year-old document in a 14-year-old lawsuit regarding a 20-year-old incident that occurred when Manning was 19 years old. While he possibly wants to speak (and some would say he needs to speak, if only to address allegations that, on the surface, are troubling and disturbing), anything he says could trigger a separate claim from Naughright that he has violated the terms of the settlement agreement that resolved the defamation case.

So while he may want to say something along the lines of the things he said after Al Jazeera linked him in December 2015 to HGH, Manning’s best move will be to say nothing and to do nothing. Other than continue to hold a grudge that is now nearly old enough to buy a case of Budweiser.

I honestly can't see him doing the reporting gig. It's not in his personality. It wouldn't shock me if he bought a sports team. I know he's wife is a part in the Grizzlies it. Seem more his style.

~Dee~

Back