JimmyG to Cleveland?

Isn't the more Clevelandy thing to do would be to trade for Brissett?

JG has years of proper development. Then, when his chance came he shined.

Take the costs to acquire Wentz, Goff, RGIII. Whoever.

That's the STARTING point.

Sam Fvcking Bradford.

You guys willing to flip him for a 2nd and some hub caps off an Impala are foolish.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, that we get with any said draft pick package is going to be comparable to a decade plus of high level QB play. Just look at the teams that have struggled to land that guy.

I don't want to be a team like that again.
all depends on Brissett and his potential. I think that is why he is back in practice, so Bill and Josh can get a proper read on his development.

The whole point in trading for Jimmy now is to avoid a big contract and try him out for a year even it means given up a couple of high picks. I mean the Vikes just did that for Bradford so the Browns or the Saints or the Bears would gladly do that to get Jimmy.
Actually, I think Bradford had a two year deal when traded, but yeah, the Vikes gave up a lot for those two years, even with the Eagles eating the $11 mil signing bonus.

I thought the Bradford trade was dumb when it happened, but that just goes to show you never know what a team is willing to do for a QB. I mean, they still have Bridgewater, right?

As you said in another post, this is a bad year for QBs in the draft. Who knows what will happen?

Hopefully, JG won't play for a year in Cleveland or SF or Chicago then sign with the Jets when his contract is up.

Actually, I think Bradford had a two year deal when traded, but yeah, the Vikes gave up a lot for those two years, even with the Eagles eating the $11 mil signing bonus.

I thought the Bradford trade was dumb when it happened, but that just goes to show you never know what a team is willing to do for a QB. I mean, they still have Bridgewater, right?

As you said in another post, this is a bad year for QBs in the draft. Who knows what will happen?

Hopefully, JG won't play for a year in Cleveland or SF or Chicago then sign with the Jets when his contract is up.
The Bradford deal was head scratching on many levels. But desperate teams do desperate things.

The sense I have from teams recently is that they have no issue with giving up picks but are reluctant to sign a player for big money. Look at the Donks with Osweiller. No issue for Elway taking him with a second round pick and letting him sit 4 years behind ManninHGH but when it came time to pay him to be the franchise guy he passed and let Houston have him.

With Jimmy, I think teams are salivating at the fact that he has one year left on his rookie deal as they will gladly part with a couple of high picks and avoid the large contract. Basically they can set the terms. Also the new franchise rules allow teams to tag QBs for 3 years. So whoever trades for Jimmy gets him for 4 years before he can become a FA.

Honestly, I am fascinated by this whole scenario and what Bill will do. And as you said in another post, whatever I think will happen, will probably be the exact opposite. Part of me really wants to hold on to this kid but another part really wants those picks too. I kind of feel like this :purgatory:

I'm not sure BB values draft picks the same way some of us fans do. I think that will play into it as well.

I really don't think Garoppolo's going anywhere, unless Belichick just gets overwhelmed (multiple first round picks, multiple years, other picks) by an offer.

I think they want him to be the next Starting QB of the NEP. I think they franchise him if it comes to that, and $70 mil under the cap makes that very doable.

Why do any teams trade up for any rookie qb? They do it for the player's potential...

The entire draft is based on potential. It's a crapshoot with every player.

JimmyG did great for 6 quarters in OUR offense under brilliant coaching.

Matt Cassell did pretty damn well in our offense for an entire year and look at his career after he left.

That's how GMs have to think.

I don't understand this wanting to get rid of Jimmy for unproven anythings. We've seen what Jimmy is capable of and if he wasn't injured the Pats would likely have been sitting at 4-0. The one thing I am sure of...The most brilliant of coaches is not out there throwing the ball, Jimmy was and he did it pretty friggin well.

I really don't think Garoppolo's going anywhere, unless Belichick just gets overwhelmed (multiple first round picks, multiple years, other picks) by an offer.

I think they want him to be the next Starting QB of the NEP. I think they franchise him if it comes to that, and $70 mil under the cap makes that very doable.

Like Steve Young backing Montana...I wouldn't be upset if BB did that. I like JimmyG.

I see no reason to trade JimmyG since he's good insurance if TB gets hurt. However, if an overwhelming deal is offered, it may be in the best interest for the Pats. But my question is why would any team offer an overwhelming deal for JimmyG based on his limited playing time? Perhaps JimmyG will get to start vs Miami in the last game if the Pats have the 1st seed sewn up by then.

Did you actually ask that? Teams have given overwelming things for QB's with limited playing for the last 30 years.

One thing that makes me think they would trade JG is the fact they drafted Brisset so high. Usually you do not draft your future second stringer that high in the draft, so they must have saw something in him, and if they had plans n keeping JG not sure they would have spent a draft pick that high on brisset, and I could be wrong...

Did you actually ask that? Teams have given overwelming things for QB's with limited playing for the last 30 years.

I mean, not really.

They've overpaid greatly (Scott Mitchell, Matt Flynn), but in terms of trades, really only the Bills have been dumb enough to do it (1st and 4th for Rob Johnson). Packers gave up a first for Brett Favre, but he was a 2nd round pick, so it wasn't really overwhelming. :shrug:

I mean, not really.

They've overpaid greatly (Scott Mitchell, Matt Flynn), but in terms of trades, really only the Bills have been dumb enough to do it (1st and 4th for Rob Johnson). Packers gave up a first for Brett Favre, but he was a 2nd round pick, so it wasn't really overwhelming. :shrug:

Yeah I guess I was thinking of that differently, teams more likely to get them via free agency and pay alot, not so much on trades.

I mean, not really.

Ellie was a Chawjuh...

Ellie was a Chawjuh...

I mean, that was a draft day deal. Giants moved up from from 4 to 1, and trade Phillip Rivers, a 3rd, a 2005 1st and 5th. Value chart-wise, that's not a crazy deal. It's a steep amount, but it's not way overwhelming.

I mean, that was a draft day deal. Giants moved up from from 4 to 1, and trade Phillip Rivers, a 3rd, a 2005 1st and 5th. Value chart-wise, that's not a crazy deal. It's a steep amount, but it's not way overwhelming.

Yeah, it is actually rare...it is usually in free agency where the big money deals come from (qb's).

Oh yeah, Matt Cassel too...:coffee:

Vikings were stupid to trade for Bradford. They could have got similar output with Hill.

Palmer was traded to the Raiders for a 1 and a 2. It just depends on how desperate the teams are and what they think of the player.

Also, Don Archie facilitated the deal by making an offer they couldn't refuse. :coffee:

I mean, not really.

I would call Oakland trading for Palmer nuts, and there were some head-scratching trades with teams giving up second round picks (Charlie WHitehurst) and even multiple seconds - that guy in Atlanta who backed up Vick... Chandler? .... I keeping wanting to type Raymond Chandler :banghead:

Matt Schaub was also traded for two 2's I believe and Atlanta and Houston swapped 1s as well.

Back