Kraft torpedoed Bill for the Falcons job

Roberto71

Reaction score
Big piece on ESPN. If true, Kraft is a true pos.

Blank was super impressed with Bill after the interviews and had Bill as his pick for the next HC.

But in a call with Kraft, Blank was told by Kraft not to trust Bill and Kraft totally slated him.

Kraft was already low imho and I suspect others opinions too since Bill left. But this is really bad if true. I can’t see how Bill can come back here for a HOF ceremony and look Kraft in the eye.

From reading that it seems Kraft is set on Bill never being in the league again. It's looking more and more that Kraft's ire against Bill stems from his leak to the press about
Kraft's low cash spending. Kraft didn't like that truth being exposed. It's a good tell-all article that makes Kraft look like a backstabber and goes on to detail opportunities that are
available for Bill going forward.

========================
In a lengthy interview with Blank, Belichick showed no rust, sources said. Blank told colleagues that he was very impressed. "I think Blank came away from the boat thinking this is my guy," a source close to Belichick said, though from his vantage point, any momentum following that meeting seemed to die over the next week. A second meeting was planned with team CEO Rich McKay and other Falcons executives.

Despite that friendly first session, the unthinkable happened for a billionaire and a legendary coach: Blank and Belichick checked each other's references. Blank spoke by phone, at least twice, to Robert Kraft. Among the NFL owners, Blank considers Kraft his closest friend. Publicly, Kraft and Blank have said Kraft expressed only support and offered praise of his former coach.

But in a conversation with Blank, Kraft delivered a stark assessment of Belichick's character, according to a source who spoke to two people: a close Kraft friend and a longtime Belichick confidant. The source quoted the Belichick source as saying, "Robert called Arthur to warn him not to trust Bill." That account was backed up, the source said, by the close Kraft friend.

Multiple sources said that Kraft spoke with "some candor" to Blank about Belichick, though the sources declined to elaborate. One source close to Belichick said Kraft "was a big part" of why the Falcons passed on hiring him.

The comments were consistent with what Kraft had been telling confidants for months: After an unprecedented run, after Spygate and Aaron Hernandez, after backing his coach in moving on from Brady, after disagreements public (cash the Krafts were willing to spend) and private (leaking against each other directly or through associates), the owner had lost trust in Belichick, which was a key reason for their deteriorating working relationship and the end of the Patriot Way.

Kraft was already low imho and I suspect others opinions too since Bill left. But this is really bad if true. I can’t see how Bill can come back here for a HOF ceremony and look Kraft in the eye.

=
If this is true...honestly, I don't say this often, what a poor excuse of a man. scum bag, POS and a waste of a body who is acting, and it seems for a while, like a two year old who didn't get what he wanted and is kicking and screaming so he gets what he wants.

Bill, you as a coach and a man who's manner and the way you carry yourself shows who is the better man. We see it, the players sees it, and even people who are not BB fans see it.

Nothing would surprise me, but Kraft has to know nothing stays secret in the NFL. Torpedoing Bill would make him look bad, and you know he doesn't like that.

And if Blank passed on Bill if he WAS told this, then it's on him.

I am so used to hearing how Kraft saved the franchise, news like this is hard to fathom. But now that all seems like a lot of dumb luck on Kraft's part. He's decision making is far from pristine since his last publicly reported massage.

Are we really believing BSPN?

Yeah. I can't imagine anything Kraft could say to make Blank do a complete180. Blank saw how great he was up close and personal. I'm not buying the BSPN "source". We already know how trustworthy that network is.
The main issue that surfaced was the FO not wanting Bill which makes sense. Most of them would most likely lose their jobs with his hire.

1713367045875.png

You couldn't even bother to read and comprehend the article before jumping on the "kill Bill" train, could you?

Belichick made it clear that he would work with the front office as it existed but the facts not suiting your requirements means the facts get ignored by you.

I am so used to hearing how Kraft saved the franchise, news like this is hard to fathom. But now that all seems like a lot of dumb luck on Kraft's part. He's decision making is far from pristine since his last publicly reported massage.

Kraft made exactly 1 good decision that made him piles of money for the next 20 years. He hired Bill Belichick.

I'm so glad Caserio is gone and BB took back the reins on the draft. If only Wolf & Co. can do as well as he did going forward.

View: https://twitter.com/mikekadlick/status/1776975591855517932

I have been pretty "Team Bill" since this all went down. But honestly, this article cites many more points that I may have led to why Bill remained jobless than any alleged disparaging remarks Kraft may have made. For example:
Bill's Age
Short Window
Complete philosophical overall of team culture
Would he play nice with GM/personnel execs?

Realistically, any sitting GM has to look at Bill Belichick as a potential threat to their own existence. I'd be shocked if those GM's weren't immediately shooting down the notion of a BB hire from the moment it was ever proposed.

Kraft fired Bill. Of course any owner would consult with Kraft but I can't imagine anything that was said that could be perceived as a negative would have dissuaded a big softy like Blank. I truly believe it was his own generals that killed it.

I have been pretty "Team Bill" since this all went down. But honestly, this article cites many more points that I may have led to why Bill remained jobless than any alleged disparaging remarks Kraft may have made. For example:
Bill's Age
Short Window
Complete philosophical overall of team culture
Would he play nice with GM/personnel execs?

Realistically, any sitting GM has to look at Bill Belichick as a potential threat to their own existence. I'd be shocked if those GM's weren't immediately shooting down the notion of a BB hire from the moment it was ever proposed.

Kraft fired Bill. Of course any owner would consult with Kraft but I can't imagine anything that was said that could be perceived as a negative would have dissuaded a big softy like Blank. I truly believe it was his own generals that killed it.
Interesting and thoughtful point of view even if I don't 100% agree. age and the short window of time definitely have to be considered . the complete philosophical overhaul I am not positive is a given but maybe more of a supposition based on bb's past. I would be inclined to believe bill when he says he didn't want total control and he would work with certain executives. Bill may be a lot of things and have his flaws but he 100% loves the game and I don't think he would ever cheat the game by bullshitting the owner.

Back