• Magnetic Tape

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Archaic Media

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Pay? For Music?

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters
Jheavner said:

Glad to know you are a low abiding citizen, A9.
excuse me, young lady.

I'll have you know Alcoholic9 is a productive member of society ® ™

there is nothing low abiding about him *cough*

cka203 said:
Are you all a bunch of country music fans? I thought country was for the rednecks... ;)

Maybe I should make a poll and see what the posters here like (with regards to music)?

the man is black is more Rock than country in my opinion. true the music he plays is country but the way he plays it is all Rock!

and I like NASCAR too, I may be a redneck.

Jheavner said:

Glad to know you are a low abiding citizen, A9. Dancing pot leafs always make me feel lawfull.:p

Damn hackers! They've gotten to my avatar as well! :mad:

cadmonkey said:
the man is black is more Rock than country in my opinion. true the music he plays is country but the way he plays it is all Rock!

and I like NASCAR too, I may be a redneck.

That would explain why the only "country" music I own is Johnny Cash. Really, I mainly like the stuff he recorded in his last few years.

My last album purchased - Garden State soundtrack

I still buy CD's, but usually browse through used CD stores.

I have just started with Mp3 player downloads. I found so many songs on there search engine in the windows media player.
It only cost a buck for each song. YOu don't have to buy the whole album. Although I did run into one artist who wasn't allowing that. That artist was Metallica not so coincidently.
Well. I guess I just showed where my taste in music lies.:D
But I also like the old hard rockers, too.
From the 60's and 70's like Zeppelin and Aerosmith.
Steppenwolf. I loved Steppenwolf ever since I was a little children.
All this stuff is available for a buck a song. That's prettty cool:cool:
I don't mind seeing the artists make their money. :)
And no this is not an advertisement for windows media player.

Well, I didnt mean for it to be.:(

Annihilus has an iPod, but has never purchased an album from iTunes or anything like that.....when he buys something he wants something physical to hold in his hands.

That being said, his last purchases were:

Emiliana Torrini: Love in the time of Science
Portishead: Portishead
Robert Johnson: The Complete Recordings
Beth Gibbons & Rustin Man

Purchase?
Music?

Does. Not. Compute.

Alcoholic9 said:
Well I can fill you in on a few things.

There are many other file-sharing programs besides Napster. Seek and you shall find. The RIAA has been and still is going after people who share hundreds or thousands of files on file-sharing programs but I have never heard about them going after anyone for just downloading stuff. Translation - don't share and you should be fine.

I don't recommend file sharing programs though. I personally use IRC, the last open frontier of the internet IMO. Besides some release groups (people who rip and release movies, games, apps, and music) that the FBI went after I know of nobody who's ever been sued for grabbing stuff off IRC. If you're a noob it'll take a while to learn how IRC works though. Google is your friend.

BTW....... Dchester, I didn't post any of this. A hacker has obviously hacked my PatriotsPlanet account. I'm a law abiding citizen. :D

Ah those good old file sharing programs...they put money in my pocket every month. I repair PC's on the side and when ever I get a PC thats infected (Viruses/ Trojans) They all seem to have one thing in common....Yes you guessed it File sharing programs. I always tell my customers this fact, there is no free lunch on the internet just as in life and sooner or later your gonna pay. WinMX and Kaza are two of my best customers and as long as people have teenagers I'll be busy!

In all seriousness Downloading from file sharing programs is stealing and if you put yourself in the artist shoes you'd feel the same way. Its no different from going into the music store, slipping a CD under your coat and walking out. I buy all my CD's from strawberries here in town and the last one was by Toby Keith.

Mr NFLfan said:
Ah those good old file sharing programs...they put money in my pocket every month. I repair PC's on the side and when ever I get a PC thats infected (Viruses/ Trojans) They all seem to have one thing in common....Yes you guessed it File sharing programs. I always tell my customers this fact, there is no free lunch on the internet just as in life and sooner or later your gonna pay. WinMX and Kaza are two of my best customers and as long as people have teenagers I'll be busy!

In all seriousness Downloading from file sharing programs is stealing and if you put yourself in the artist shoes you'd feel the same way. Its no different from going into the music store, slipping a CD under your coat and walking out. I buy all my CD's from strawberries here in town and the last one was by Toby Keith.

It's a moral choice to be sure. Personally I don't feel bad if some musician has to live in a 5 million dollar home instead of a 10 million dollar one. That's just me though.

You won't be seeing any more problems from WinMX btw. They've been shut down.

People still pay for music?

I've been told by a friend of a friend of a friend who lives in another country where the FBI and RIAA hold no power that Limewire is pretty good for "file-sharing" purposes.

Pay. For Music.......ROFL

:pat:

cka203 said:
Are you all a bunch of country music fans? I thought country was for the rednecks... ;)

Maybe I should make a poll and see what the posters here like (with regards to music)?
I like everything- six disc in car has Phantom of the opera, Proclaimers, cash, Some kids disc, my brothers band (my kids think it is me singing) and Tom Jones.

Those disc were all chosen by my daughter who is 4 - my wife and I really do listen to everything but she is a little more hard rock than I and I am a little more whatever my mood

I'm truly jealous of my wife who has sattelite radio built into her car. The variety of music, whether it's Sirius or XM, is mind boggling. If I had it in my car, I may never want to get out.

Yeah, I know I can get the portable units, but money is a factor right now (five years of college tuition down, one more to go :banghead: ).

Mr NFLfan said:

This could turn into a whole ethical argument, and that is not my intention, but I don't think that it is that black and white. When Napster was king, I downloaded gigs of stuff that I NEVER would have bought. Are they losing any money when I never would have bought it anyway? To add to that, there were a few other things that I downloaded which I never would have been exposed to otherwise, that caused me to go out and buy an album.

The whole model is undergoing sweeping change now, and downloading music (or movies) is not always the same as going into a B&M and stealing it. Especially when you consider what I said previously about my own personal tastes. MP3s are shitty quality compared to the original.

I agree with UT completely. There's tons of music that I have on my PC that I would NEVER have bought.

When I was younger, I bought tons of CD's. I must have at least 500 CD's. More than half of those were bought for 1 or 2 songs. Very rarely is there an album where most of the songs are good.

At this stage in my life, filesharing programs or not, I wouldn't be buying much music. It's just not in the budget anymore. I will download anything I can get my hands on though. Is it really costing the record company anything when I wasn't going to buy it anyways? I don't think so. In fact, they still might make some money because I do still attend concerts if I like an artist enough.

Case in point: Tori AMos. Never would have bought an album of hers, but I downloaded some and liked it. I've since seen her 4 or 5 times in concert....

No, I am not gay. ok...maybe 23% gay.

The Big Lebowski said:
Case in point: Tori AMos. Never would have bought an album of hers, but I downloaded some and liked it. I've since seen her 4 or 5 times in concert....

No, I am not gay. ok...maybe 23% gay.

In complete agreement with all of your comments (and Undertaker's above).

Liking Tori Amos does not make you gay (unless you're a woman with a girlfriend, then there's a good chance you're at least 60% gay). Annihilus has seen her 4 times too.

I've seen Tori and Alanis twice each, one of those times when they were touring together. Never quite figure out what the angel wings were all about.

bideau said:
I've seen Tori and Alanis twice each, one of those times when they were touring together. Never quite figure out what the angel wings were all about.

Hey....that was the 'Best Buy 5 & 1/2 weeks tour' (one of Annihilus's favorites). She's a lot better with a rockin' backing band, IAO. Not a big fan of Alanis, but she was pretty good too.

Annihilus said:
Hey....that was the 'Best Buy 5 & 1/2 weeks tour' (one of Annihilus's favorites). She's a lot better with a rockin' backing band, IAO. Not a big fan of Alanis, but she was pretty good too.

Hey, I saw Alanis too quite a few years ago...when she was angrier.

I wasn't sure what the perception of Tori Amos was. Some of my buddies (granted they are mostly idiots) gave me the whole "tori amos, what are you gay" thing. Just the opposite. I have the hots for Tori.

REDHEAD. o:)

Back