Mac Jones Is Our QB1

I'm still on Team Mac Jones. Not that he's playing well. He isn't. But I still believe he has what it takes. I don't think he's a "Goldilocks" as someone says. I think his confidence was destroyed last year. It could be the kiss of death - Patrick Ramsey and David Carr were two QBs among many who never recovered.

I'm hoping BB doesn't use our 2024 top 3-4 picks we have on defense.

Until the start of next season, I think there's still a chance.

And yes, I know what that sounds like:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA

I applaud your enthusiasm. In my case I'm in the acceptance phase. The team is what their record says.

Talent-wise I don't believe they're as bad as their recent play. But momentum works in mysterious ways. Bad breaks have put the team in the position they are in, and Mac has been at the forefront. That said, lambasting him is missing the point. I doubt he's a double agent with a sly smile as he's purposefully sucking the life out of the Pats. I feel for him because I'm sure it's gotta be crushing to see your dream turn into a house of horrors.

Win or lose I'm a Pats fan. I got to see 6 championships, so if they suck for the foreseeable future, I'll keep on watching. I may not wear my heart on my sleeve for this current team. But I'll still root hard as hell for them.

There will be better days, and if that isn't the case, we're the last fan base to cry about losing. We've had it so good it's not even comparable.

At this point I just hope Bob doesn't make any rash decisions. That's all I ask.

I applaud your enthusiasm. In my case I'm in the acceptance phase. The team is what their record says.

Talent-wise I don't believe they're as bad as their recent play. But momentum works in mysterious ways. Bad breaks have put the team in the position they are in, and Mac has been at the forefront. That said, lambasting him is missing the point. I doubt he's a double agent with a sly smile as he's purposefully sucking the life out of the Pats. I feel for him because I'm sure it's gotta be crushing to see your dream turn into a house of horrors.

Win or lose I'm a Pats fan. I got to see 6 championships, so if they suck for the foreseeable future, I'll keep on watching. I may not wear my heart on my sleeve for this current team. But I'll still root hard as hell for them.

There will be better days, and if that isn't the case, we're the last fan base to cry about losing. We've had it so good it's not even comparable.

At this point I just hope Bob doesn't make any rash decisions. That's all I ask.

If they get a top 3 pick, and then do what is correct for the future with their first 3 picks in the draft, this team could...and I stress could..be in the AFCCG game next season. The D is that good and that's without Judon and Gonzo. Thats why losing this year is so very, very important now especially at 2-8.

I'm still on Team Mac Jones. Not that he's playing well. He isn't. But I still believe he has what it takes. I don't think he's a "Goldilocks" as someone says. I think his confidence was destroyed last year. It could be the kiss of death - Patrick Ramsey and David Carr were two QBs among many who never recovered.

I'm hoping BB doesn't use our 2024 top 3-4 picks we have on defense.

Until the start of next season, I think there's still a chance.

And yes, I know what that sounds like:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA

I was and there is no doubt that he has been the victim of not having a decent OL or any good skill players except at RB. He's also had 3 OC's in his 3 years.

But he does seem to make the bone head plays at the worst times.

This isn't a 1 or 2 time event either. So now I think it will be time to move on after this season. We don't have any one on the roster right now to replace him.
I don't want to satisfy those here who have to demean and insult the player. But, we need to move on.

If they get a top 3 pick, and then do what is correct for the future with their first 3 picks in the draft, this team could...and I stress could..be in the AFCCG game next season. The D is that good and that's without Judon and Gonzo. Thats why losing this year is so very, very important now especially at 2-8.
Bold statement given all the UFAs after this season, this team is likely going to look very different next season.

Bold statement given all the UFAs after this season, this team is likely going to look very different next season.

Tons of cap space, hopefully very high draft picks..I think it's quite possible. The AFC looks a bit weaker than some would have thought really.

At least we didn't see him curled up in his momma's arms crying after the loss. :coffee:

Nevertheless, he has to be benched at this point.

At least we didn't see him curled up in his momma's arms crying after the loss. :coffee:

Nevertheless, he has to be benched at this point.
No, he just did it on the sideline, and then went into the locker room with a towel over his head.

I guess even Mac Jones' mom couldn't blame the offensive line this time. :coffee:

After his last pass, I turned to my son and said, "If they put him back on the field, I'm not watching another Patriots game this year."

That interception with a wide-open Gesicki was unforgivable. I no longer feel like Mac can be successful if we get better talent around him.

Man... to think that I was of the belief the worst it would get is having to decline Mac's 5th year option and move on after next year.

As it appears this morning, I am not sure he should ever take the field again in a Pats uniform.

I defend the draft pick, it didn't work - and this is far from unique - but time to move on. Good luck to Mac Jones in the future.

Man... to think that I was of the belief the worst it would get is having to decline Mac's 5th year option and move on after next year.

As it appears this morning, I am not sure he should ever take the field again in a Pats uniform.

I defend the draft pick, it didn't work - and this is far from unique - but time to move on. Good luck to Mac Jones in the future.

We all were on board with the draft pick. I can't recall any dissenters. It looked like a great option. Mac had played well with Bama under a very tough, BB-like coach who would have flooded Bill with info about Mac. So nobody could accuse Bill of not doing his homework on Mac. Saban would have told him everything. There were times he looked really promising in his rookie year, albeit with some concerns about mechanics and arm strength and footwork, but surely they could have been coached, right?

But he's been on a downward trend since then. We can't blame Matty P on this and talk about him being "broken" by Bill and the team has to stop. Each player is responsible for their play and development, they can't blame the O Line, the receivers, the RBs, the coaches etc. That's what weak players do. Mac hasn't worked out, he;s not as good as we thought. So be it, these things di happen, in fact, it happens all the time with QBs.

Back