Marcus Cannon - contract extended for 5 years

mikiemo83

The Future
Reaction score
per WEEI afternoon drive between bitching about Felger

Mike Reiss
✔ ‎@MikeReiss

Per @FieldYates and me, Patriots and OT Marcus Cannon have agreed to a five-year contract extension.

2:33 PM - 29 Nov 2016

141 141 Retweets

149 149 likes

Butler, Hightower, Ryan, Sheard, Garoppolo...

Extend Cannon?

This is like when they gave Ninkovich an extra $2 million for no reason.

Butler, Hightower, Ryan, Sheard, Garoppolo...

Extend Cannon?

This is like when they gave Ninkovich an extra $2 million for no reason.

Perhaps he settled for a few coupons to the Golden Corral. :shrug:

I need to know the numbers, if it is 5 years at 4 per i am ok with it.

If it is 5 years at 9 per i am thinking bill needs a pennicillin shot for his infection.

I need to know the numbers, if it is 5 years at 4 per i am ok with it.

If it is 5 years at 9 per i am thinking bill needs a pennicillin shot for his infection.

I'm going to guess it's like 5/25, with maybe a signing bonus in year 1.

That's a lot of money for a backup tackle, unless Vollmer is toast.

I just heard 5/37. That is a head scratcher for me

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

Hopefully no guarantee at least.

I just heard 5/37. That is a head scratcher for me

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

Hopefully no guarantee at least.

If it's that kind of money, there will be a guarantee, at least for the first year.

And it means Vollmer is gone. Sigh.

I'm really happy for the guy. I'm sure it's been a hell of a roller coaster ride for him. To start out battling cancer and beating that to having a season like last year and rebounding the way that he has. Good for him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...port-marcus-cannon-pats-reach-5year-extension

The latest example: The team and tackle Marcus Cannon agreed to a five-year deal worth $32.5 million, including $14.5 million in guarantees, a source told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport.

The writer says he started every game, I thought he missed Cleveland.

but 6.5 for 5 years is not insane money and Volmer is toast, His hip is just a long line of injuries, he retires after this year if smart and heals up to be a father.

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

I think Volmer is a free agent after this year.

The writer says he started every game, I thought he missed Cleveland.

but 6.5 for 5 years is not insane money and Volmer is toast, His hip is just a long line of injuries, he retires after this year if smart and heals up to be a father.

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

I think Volmer is a free agent after this year.

Cannon is playing better than ever to my lying eyes. He's ranked 15th of ALL active OTs by PFF. Solder is ranked 16th.

Vollmer will likely retire or he should anyway. He's done with the Pats regardless.

Is Scar really this damn good? I mean, he took a turnstile most fans wanted run out of town ASAP and turned him into a big-paycheck guy. Amazing.

Back