Miami at Patriots - Sunday, Sept 12 at 4:25 (CBS)

Any score predictions? I think the Pats win by 7 = 24-17.

My only real concern in this game besides the obvious that we have a rookie at QB and no Gilmore is the kicker. I am really happy we are giving Nordin a chance as I want to be able to attempt long kicks again but man, he really does make me very nervous. If this ends up being a close game, I am fearful that he could cost us.

Any score predictions? I think the Pats win by 7 = 24-17.

My only real concern in this game besides the obvious that we have a rookie at QB and no Gilmore is the kicker. I am really happy we are giving Nordin a chance as I want to be able to attempt long kicks again but man, he really does make me very nervous. If this ends up being a close game, I am fearful that he could cost us.

24-17 sounds pretty good.

This team will be fine.

If Mac and Tua were playing against each other collegiately, I could picture the O/U 80+.
New England has a confident rookie qb and I hope he settles in soon out of the gate.
I can't wait for this game to begin!

If Mac and Tua were playing against each other collegiately, I could picture the O/U 80+.
New England has a confident rookie qb and I hope he settles in soon out of the gate.
I can't wait for this game to begin!
so...curious. are you a member at a fins and an eagles forum also? or is Mac your favorite Bama qb. 😁

so...curious. are you a member at a fins and an eagles forum also? or is Mac your favorite Bama qb. 😁
Only a member here. I do follow the news on Tua and Jalen.
All three were nothing but class representing the Crimson Tide. (Mac did step out of line his freshman year)
I would say Mac is my favorite due to his perserverance and work ethic, but I have high regards for Tua and Jalen.

I would love to see Jalen connect with Devonta on a couple of TD's vs Atlanta.
I'd especially like to see Najee Harris gain over 100 yards in his rookie debut against Buffalo.
Will have to keep an eye on Jalen Waddle against New England this Sunday as well. He is a crafty receiver.

Add that Saban and Belichick are thick as thieves seals the deal.

Last edited:
All three were nothing but class representing the Crimson Tide. (Mac did step out of line his freshman year)
I would say Mac is my favorite due to his perserverance and work ethic, but I have high regards for Tua and Jalen.

I'd especially like to see Najee Harris gain over 100 yards in his rookie debut against Buffalo.
Will have to keep an eye on Jalen Waddle against New England this Sunday as well. He is a crafty receiver.

:beer:

Am I the only one that thinks this game could be a blow out? MIA OL was already terrible and now will be worse. Tua is gonna be running for his life.

Rose colored glasses I guess.

Am I the only one that thinks this game could be a blow out? MIA OL was already terrible and now will be worse. Tua is gonna be running for his life.

I think so. If we had Gilmore, I would bet on it but still, with their OL and our front, I think it will be a long day for them.

I don't, solely because I think New England's going to bust out their 1978 offense. Run the ball, work the clock, hope to get the 2nd/3rd quarter turnaround. The good news is the game might be done under 3 hours.

No, I'm with you. My wife listened to Felger bleat on and on about Gilmore but every year good players for on IR for a whole YEAR and somehow their teams manage to win games. One of BB's greatest strengths is building a deep roster. Not perfect, witness last year's TE debacle, but he's undubitably the best in the NFL at building a roster that can absorb hits without collapsing. Witness 11-5 the year Brady didn't play in 2008 and what? 3-1 when Brady was suspended?

We'll be fine. Biggest thing will be the timing of Mac's inevitable 'learning' experiences. I don't see this being close.

I miss our former receivers at Bama. Smith and Najee were favorites in this house. I'll miss Landon also. Just glad he healed.

Will be watching Waddle especially considering how his last year went.

Time to learn new names and reconnect with the familiar names for this season with Nick.

I know that it's only game 1. But it is an important game in that it's a division game.
You can miss the playoffs by losing a division game in the first week, just as much as losing a division game in week 17.
So I'm starting to get a little nervous.

Excellent article by Evan Lazar detailing what we should expect to see unfold.

View: https://twitter.com/ezlazar/status/1436298416766668802

Excellent article by Evan Lazar detailing what we should expect to see unfold.

View: https://twitter.com/ezlazar/status/1436298416766668802

I can't imagine Miami will be dialing up Zero Blitzes the whole game. I'd actually expect a lot of zone. Cover 3, stuff like that, because you can disguise that 100 different ways.

I know that it's only game 1. But it is an important game in that it's a division game.
You can miss the playoffs by losing a division game in the first week, just as much as losing a division game in week 17.
So I'm starting to get a little nervous.
It is big because we are at home as well. We have the Jets right after and then two tough games with NO and Tampa. Losing to Miami early is a big set back because we have to play down there later in the season and Miami is a house of horrors for us.

It is big because we are at home as well. We have the Jets right after and then two tough games with NO and Tampa. Losing to Miami early is a big set back because we have to play down there later in the season and Miami is a house of horrors for us.
Apparently those words don't mean what you think they mean.

Back