Name your five favorite non-reality TV shows that are in first run right now

DarrylStingley

Boston Sports
Reaction score
OK, with the Sox gone, the Cs still around the corner, the Bs playing like crap and still in the first few weeks of the season and the Pats a once a week team, we all sadly have a little more free time than we'd like.

What are your five favorite television non-reality shows that are currently in first run?

Here are mine:

1. Mad Men. I love the story lines, the cinematography is great, Christina Hendricks and January Jones are easily the two hottest bimbae on one show and it has some Soporanos bloodlines. The unquestioned number one for DS.

2. Dexter. Who doesn't love a little self-righteous serial killing?

3. Californication. Witty lines, constant sexual overtones, humor...keeps DS laughing and lusting.

4. Curb Your Enthusiasm. Larry David just continues to bring it. And the Senifeld reunion stuff is great.

5. Sons of Anarchy. Gritty, arian hate, good writing, love story....a slice of life not really known by most of us. Great stuff.

Difficult omissions:

The Law and Order network shows. Still good after all these years.

FlashForward. Interesting theme.

What am I missing?

The Office
Big Bang Theory
New Adventures of Old Christine
Gary Unmarried
I just watched my first episode of Always Sunny in Philadelphia and am instantly hooked. Hysterical.

I love Entourage and Rescue Me but haven't kept up this season.

1. The Office
2. Curb Your Enthusiasm
3. Sons of Anarchy
4. Dexter
5. Modern Family

In no particular order

Criminal Intent
NCIS
Numbers
Stargate Universe
Primeval

We saw the first series of Criminal Intent and really enjoyed it. I think the subsequent ones may have disappeared onto satellite...

Same with NCIS though we're at least a series behind the US over here.

Haven't had time to keep up with any shows, but I liked:

Breaking Bad
Damages
Dexter

Breaking Bad is one of the best shows ever and I can’t wait until the 3rd season starts this coming early 2010

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="VIww7AAFAQo5Aw" width="425" height="339"><param name="movie" value="http://www.movieweb.com/v/VIww7AAFAQo5Aw"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.movieweb.com/v/VIww7AAFAQo5Aw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="339"></embed></object>

Not sure about favorite, but this is what I've got on series record

In no particular order.

House
True Blood
Dollhouse (If it's Joss it's must watch)
Fringe
Lost
Eureka
River Monsters (Animal Planet, I think they are first run but may not be)

House
Entourage
Sons of Anarchy

too be honest those are all I watch

We've enjoyed the first two episodes of fastforward. We missed the third one, but the relevant channel lets you watch it online later if you want.

They are on Hulu.com also.

Interesting show, that FlashForward.

Sons of Anarchy
Dexter
True Blood
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Anything whatsoever on NFLN except Put Up Your Dukes

30 Rock
Rescue Me

Plan to start watching Mad Men from the beginning.

burn notice, stargate universe, psych, dr who, there are a few others that should be on the list, but mainly I watch documentaries. Yes, I'm a history/discovery kinda guy.

In Treatment
Breaking Bad
30 Rock
Big Love
Curb Your Enthusiasm

Back