No Charges Will Be Filed Against Deshaun Watson

Damien Woody on nfl live brought up a point yesterday i haven't heard yet. namely that it is disingenuous of watson to claim in his presser that he's never done anything inappropriate with these women . woody brought up that jenny vrentas had a story about a year ago that quoted an actual text message from watson to one of the women apologizing for behavior that made her uncomfortable. i'll see if i can find it.

Damien Woody on nfl live brought up a point yesterday i haven't heard yet. namely that it is disingenuous of watson to claim in his presser that he's never done anything inappropriate with these women . woody brought up that jenny vrentas had a story about a year ago that quoted an actual text message from watson to one of the women apologizing for behavior that made her uncomfortable. i'll see if i can find it.
He's a victim! How dare you! Rasis... :coffee:

Yeah, he's definitely a POS in real life.

He'd be a good politician. Or used car salesman.

Ok this one has some stuff that's not refutable IMO

But Mary says Susan told her something different after her appointment with Watson: that Mary was not the first therapist Susan had referred who reported back concerns about Watson’s conduct. In a November 2019 text message about Watson, Susan wrote to Mary, “whether the creepy stuff is his intention or not, he does it every time,” adding the parenthetical, “only 1 therapist hasn’t complained.” (SI reviewed this message, which was sent from a phone number confirmed to be Susan’s.) Susan at first refuted Mary’s account of this conversation, but when asked specifically about this text message in a follow-up interview, did not dispute that she sent it.
Susan continued referring Watson to other therapists after Mary’s experience with him. She estimates she’s referred Watson to four other therapists since the start of 2020, as recently as last September—that referral was to her sister, who is also an LMT, which Susan says shows she did not view Watson as a threat. Susan says she also connected Watson with a friend of hers last year who wanted to get into sports massage, but that was not a contractor arrangement. Susan’s friend is now one of the 22 plaintiffs, though she declines to say which one.
The exchange between Solis’s colleague and the veteran therapist—Susan—showed the lack of options Solis felt after her appointment with Watson. In her civil suit, Solis said Watson purposely touched her hand with his exposed and erect penis during a March 30, 2020, massage at her home. When she asked him to leave, according to her complaint, he made what she perceived to be a threatening statement about her career. The next day, her colleague sought advice from Susan.

“She feels like she can’t do anything about reporting him to anyone and that it will come back to bite her,” Solis’s colleague wrote, one day after Solis’s massage appointment with Watson. “We’ve discussed a couple different options. But with your clientele base I was wondering what you might do? Nothing physical happened but he has continued to contact her in hopes to keep her quiet.”

Susan replied: “You dont [sic] have to tell me, but out of curiosity, was it Deshaun Watson?”

The press conference was a car crash. When asked by the reporters why they did not speak directly to the 22 women, the GM said it was due to ongoing legal proceedings. The GM was saying that they had PIs who had done a comprehensive background check on all these allegations,. When asked if those PIs had talked to any of these 22 women, he blustered about how the investigation was widespread and comprehensive etc and would not state yes or no if those PIs have spoken to those women.

The Browns have screwed up here, this will not go away and they come away looking specious and duplicitous. And it will blow up one them.

i actually watched as much of the presser as i could find. a few things that would piss me off were i a browns fan:
1) the fact that the haslams couldn't be bothered to be there in person. i heard the team wanted it to happen before the league meetings. fine...but unless the haslams were involved in matters of world peace or something, they should have been there. pretty sure their having an out of the country commitment was oh so convenient. it screams, "we want to bring this guy here with all his baggage, and don't even g.a.f. enough to be at his presser helping take the heat off berry/stefanski."
2) berry was asked if he believed all the accusers were wrong. he completely danced around it. ok then, so even though you were "trusting the legal process" etc. it ultimately did not matter if you believed the plaintiffs or not. got it. 🙄
3) watson was directly asked why 40 massage therapists. he spouted off some nonsense about people his age using instagram. and how he can't get into details due to pending actions. what bullshit. also hated that he kept referring to having been raised by a single mom. so....no sexually inappropriate actions are done by people raised by single moms...got it. he has 40+ LMTs he flies in from all over but he "doesn't believe he has a problem"...🤪

rut roh!

Yeah, remember 'let's revisit this thread in 5 years'?

Anyone who thought the Houston-era was going to be the end of the story is kidding themselves.

The Browns have screwed up here, this will not go away and they come away looking specious and duplicitous. And it will blow up one them.
Always nice to see the appropriate adjectives trotted out.

And your usage brings to mind the phrase "duplicitous pond scum," which is familiar to Patriots fans who were around for the Kevin Mannix era at the Boston Herald and were subjected to the opprobrium he spewed in the direction of our favorite team.

this thought of mine doesn't really go here, but pertains to watson so thought here was better than random football news. not one pundit i've heard locally or nationally has ever mentioned the fact that the browns have paid this giant guaranteed contract to a qb who is a complete unknown performance wise in the type of weather we have in cleveland.

Back