O.T. Update with my son

Hemi_1

Reaction score
I have never really said much here regarding my Boy Brady.

He was diagnosed 4 years ago with APRAXIA

It is a nuerological dissorder effecting the strength of his tounge along with control as well. So, short story is he struggles badly with speech.

Outrageously talented little man and motor skills well beyond his years.

We recently had an Brain MRI to check his frontal Lobe. He was born in Norwood Mass in 2002. An April baby.

The MRI did not show any deformity in his frontal lobe. ( the Doctor told me there would be and it would likely be both sides of his frontal lobe because, when we struggle with speech which is developed in the right side of the frontal lobe the left side of the FL takes over and assist with this development to prevent issues)

What we did find was a Cyst on his right FL.
More than 1.

We will have another MRI done in 90 days. If conditions worsen or at that time if the Cyst grows or changes we will take action. If nothing changes than his doctor said we should just monitor it.

CKA and SM kind of inspired me to share my issues with you guys.

Prayers are welcomed, I will tell Bradys mom tonight when she gets home. Especially now that I have told the rest of the world.

Damn, Hemi,

As a parent of a 13 yo who doesn't live with me while in school (I get him during the summer.) I wish you well.

Bad grades are a frustration. You kid's health is paramount.

Good luck and god speed. I will pray for you and your family.

Best wishes and fervent prayers for his health, yours and mom's strength, and of course the best of all possible outcomes.

Thanks to my planet family for selflessly giving thier thoughts and prayers. :thumb:

This place truely does have some top notch people. :thumb:

Hemi, he'll be in my thoughts. I n the meantime, please let this place be an outlet or a distraction (whichever you need it to be) over the next 90 days or so. I am sure a good knock-knock joke can be furnished upon request.

Annihilus doesn't have kids, so can't even imagine what you're going through. Thoughts are with you and please keep us posted.

Poor little guy :(

He'll be in my thoughts man. Keep us updated

Prayers coming your way. I hope can stay a cheerful guy, no matter what! That alone can make a huge impact on health. Good luck!!!:thumb:

Just saw this, and you know I'll be praying for you and your son!

I know a little bit about apraxia, cause I ran across it while researching my son's disability.

Please do keep us updated, and know the people here are GREAT at offering support and info! I've had many dark days that have been brightened by the Planet!

Much love, prayers and support coming your way.....

With three grown daughters and eight grandkids I can certainly understand the trial you're going through.

Have faith my friend because God is good.

I'll pray for your little guy and for you and your family. May God's love and grace surround you all and lift you up.

Hemi, as a Dad myself I can empathize with what you're going through. Stay strong, not only for you but for your son and his Mom as well. The next 90 days are going to seem like a lifetime, but hang tough.

Godspeed, my friend. I am praying that the news will be good.

-Happyman

Best wishes to your son and family..

Sending prayers and positive vibes for the little guy. Hope that the Hemi family catches a well-deserved break very soon.

It's always scary when something happens with our kids. Be strong, and you'll get through it. Those MRIs are quite a diagnostic tool.

You are in our thoughts and prayers.

For what it's worth, whatever credit I have with the Lord, and it's not much, I'm sure, will go to the boy Brady.:thumb:

Back