Official Planet Pet Peeves Thread

When my debits don't equal my credits. I mean WTF... Really Debits? Really?????

#1. Lazy students.

#2. Teachers who think that they need to be their students' friend. Worst types of teachers in the world, in my honest opinion.

Number 2 applies to parents and their kids too. There is no room for friendship in that relationship until the kid is an adult.

people who think that they have to share their music from their car stereo system at stoplights.....

people who think that they have to share their music from their car stereo system at stoplights.....

People who think that their car stereos function as a independent method to verify the proper functioning of the earthquake/Tsunami detection system and/or the nuclear test ban treaty detection system.

I seriously wonder if cars with such sub woofers would survive if African Elephants roamed free in the US.

Could we release a few elephants to test that theory?

:coffee:
Posted via Mobile Device

Tim, what would make you happy? Should we close our thread and give up any rep points awarded to us? It seems that this board is what we make of it and anyone who takes the stars seriously needs a reality adjustment. Whatever.:facepalm::Fart:

People only took rep seriously when I used to neg 'em for spelling mistakes or bad grammar. :evil:

My pet peeve is not seeing women not asking to take my cart, give me a BJ,and make me a sandwich.. All Grocery stores should have at least a few of those..:coffee:

mine is the need for such threads :D

:fight:
:thwak:
:spank:

:toast:
:party:
attachment.php
:toast:

I had a friend who was bothered by this, so naturally I used it all the time. So much so it became part of my normal conversation.

Irregardless of that, I see your point.

Maybe you should direct him to this:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irregardless

Usage Discussion of IRREGARDLESS
Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that “there is no such word.” There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.​

Back