OT: U2s new album

PUBLIC POLL: No Line on the Horizon

• Total voters

jim_vh

Graduate of the University of Mars
Reaction score
I bought the album. To me it is a typical U2 album in that it has about 2.5 songs on it. The rest of might as well be Bono singing in the shower. What do you think?

A comment....fine!

I have always hated U2 and their left wing political vomit. Hey, think anyway you want. But dont shove it down my throat on FM raidio every frickin day!

Peaked about 2 minutes before they made me sit through an acoustical cover of ABBA's Dancing Queen....... !@#!@#!@$!!

I am as big a U2 fan as there is and this album is arguably their worst. It is so-so at best.

I like a lot of U2's big songs. But the only full album I like is "War". "The Joshua Tree" is a close second (I like the five big songs). Other than that, I only like the big singles.

Boy: I Will Follow
October: Gloria
The Unforgettable Fire: Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Achtung Baby: The Fly, Mysterious Ways
Zooropa: none
Pop: none
All That You Can't Leave Behind: Beautiful Day, Elevation
How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb: Vertigo

U2 has only two songs that I like one the song they play at Patriots game Elevation the other is Beautiful day.

I am a huge U2 fan and really like this album, especially Moment of Surrender, I'll Go Crazy if I don't Go Crazy tonight, Get on Your Boots,White as Snow and Breathe.

Peaked with Joshua Tree.:coffee:

uhh...ehhh...

Achtung Baby was a great disc. Everything else with the rare exception here and there has been lacking. Kind of like the post 'Smell the Glove' Metallica

Have never liked U2. Find them extremely boring and actually fell asleep during a show of theirs at the old Foxboro Stadium I was working on the house crew for.

Not to mention that I loathe people who have millions of dollars, bigtime success, pretty much anything they could want and write whiny songs about how they "still haven't found what they're looking for".

Back