Paterno Knew In '76

Guess the flow has circled around from Penn State to Subway and back to Penn State. But I just had to say a few words in defense of Subway. I've done many thousands of miles of bicycle touring and Subway is my go-to fast food joint when out on the road. Compared to all the burger chains, I've found it to be the healthiest faire. Especially since the only thing they only charge for is the meat. From coast to coast, the employees don't care and don't charge for how much of the veggie stuff you ask for them to add on. I'll usually order the grilled chicken and then just keep asking for more and more veggie side stuff until they can barely fold the sandwich together, and all for no extra charge.

I understand the side of those who want to close it down, no doubt. If there is proof people knew and enabled, I think punishing those people is a more fair "deterrent". With the example you are giving though, that would definitely be damn near impossible without closing it all down.
You speak as if these kids:
A. Don't currently know about PSU's issues.
B. Don't have options to go elsewhere, which most if not all do.

Jerry obviously was a sick and perverted man. He belongs in jail and needs to rot there.

Jerry obviously was a sick and perverted man. He belongs in jail and needs to rot there.

The higher ups know what Sandusky was doing . All they did was ban him from campus . Just so they could continue to cover it up

You speak as if these kids:
A. Don't currently know about PSU's issues.
B. Don't have options to go elsewhere, which most if not all do.

When the initial ruling came in I believe the kids were allowed a walk and something with their eligibility and scholarship extended or what have you. Many left. Many stayed not out of loyalty to Paterno & Sandusky but to help start a program rocked to its core on the correct path. A noble choice IMO.

Sentencing anything further that impacts the students currently enrolled amounts to double jeopardy as far as I'm concerned. For kids not guilty of anything.

Now adults gainfully employed in the athletic program that had knowledge and were complicit in covering up? Max sentences. Immediate termination. Ban for life. They are the problem.

Not the current student body.

When the initial ruling came in I believe the kids were allowed a walk and something with their eligibility and scholarship extended or what have you. Many left. Many stayed not out of loyalty to Paterno & Sandusky but to help start a program rocked to its core on the correct path. A noble choice IMO.

Sentencing anything further that impacts the students currently enrolled amounts to double jeopardy as far as I'm concerned. For kids not guilty of anything.

Now adults gainfully employed in the athletic program that had knowledge and were complicit in covering up? Max sentences. Immediate termination. Ban for life. They are the problem.

Not the current student body.

It's not the athletes being punished, it's the school, which should be punished.
Again, the athletes have options. This isn't about the athletes, and no, I don't consider them collateral damage, because they can transfer, and other schools would understand their situation.

Penn State's football program should be shut down for what its leaders allowed to happen, plain and simple. It's about the program itself and what its leaders did to children.

It's not the athletes being punished, it's the school, which should be punished.
Again, the athletes have options. This isn't about the athletes, and no, I don't consider them collateral damage, because they can transfer, and other schools would understand their situation.

Penn State's football program should be shut down for what its leaders allowed to happen, plain and simple. It's about the program itself and what its leaders did to children.

I disagree.

And I've been VERY vocal in the past of how defensive I can lean for kids.

The better solution is hard core jail for any persons that coddled this situation.

I disagree.

And I've been VERY vocal in the past of how defensive I can lean for kids.

The better solution is hard core jail for any persons that coddled this situation.
Thought about it over night..

I say both, close the doors to the Football program and throw any and all that knew in the clink until they rot.

My reasoning is the Program will forever be tarnished by the abuse it hid and provided the victims to. You can not say Penn State or Happy Valley without instantly thinking of Sandusky and the years of sexual abuse to children.

I say both, close the doors to the Football program and throw any and all that knew in the clink until they rot.

My reasoning is the Program will forever be tarnished by the abuse it hid and provided the victims to. You can not say Penn State or Happy Valley without instantly thinking of Sandusky and the years of sexual abuse to children.

This.

There are a lot of organizations that are hero worshipped today that have horrible pasts, like Planned Parenthood.

Though, in the age of internet and constant info, maybe that transformation couldn't happen today.

It's official.

Court transcripts reveal he knew all the way back to '76.

I'm 48.

Thought of that a bit. Dates back to when I was 9. Probably the summer I spent months on the Canal campground, running back and forth along, giving the air horn sign to freighters going thru and laughing hysterically when they complied.

Some kids not much older than myself at that time were in the showers with the monster.

Really gives you the chills.

And for the piece of filth to know and hide it and continue to work with him and deny til his last breath?

I'm not a man of faith, but if I did believe strongly Hell would be sparsely populated. But these 2 and any administration officials that knew as well would have loge seating.

do you guys believe everything you read?

involving Paterno is completely made up.

put yourself in that situation. You really think a father and husband with kids of his own would just ignore that? theres no way in hell he would.
any crap about it being to focus on football is bullcrap.
you wouldnt waste 2 seconds reporting it and neither would he.
No one would.
Reporters are supposed to investigate ,right? not a single one in 40 years suspected anything fishy? not one?
Not one single coach ?
its mathematically impossible that no one else blew it up.
its a bullcrap story

...and the Catholic church/Vatican?

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

put yourself in that situation. You really think a father and husband with kids of his own would just ignore that? theres no way in hell he would.
No one would.
Reporters are supposed to investigate ,right? not a single one in 40 years suspected anything fishy? not one?
Not one single coach ?
its a bullcrap story

He knew damn well what happened...if he didn't, he was one dumb ignant sumbitch. :coffee:

It's like Deliverance where Ned Beatty was getting raped by the hillbill...and some of the others witnessed it...but, NEVER wanted to speak of the shit. EVA!

No one would.
Not one single coach ?
its a bullcrap story

We've got a real dumb one here....

So dumb he appears to actually believe he's a genius.

I could be wrong.

Perhaps he knows he's dumb and is just pretending he's brilliant.
:shrug:

Either way, my response: :4321: oh and ROFL ROFL ROFL

Cheers

you wish, honey.

I posed a very interesting question.
I suggest you think about it for a while.

you are thinking with emotions and not logic.
Nothing in the article is a proven fact by any stretch of the imagination, unless you simply believe everything you read.

Yes it is believable. There are parents who won't believe (either literally or the "lalalala I can't hear you" way) their own kids who are being molested by the other parent or someone else.

https://ordinaryevil.wordpress.com/...hildren-from-a-sexual-predator-in-the-family/

One study looked at 435 biological mothers who had been told by their child that they were experiencing inter-familial sexual abuse. Less than half of the women believed their daughters and did something to stop the abuse or otherwise protect the child, and when I interviewed 12 incest survivors, less than one third of their mothers protected them during the abuse.

No one would.
Not one single coach ?
its a bullcrap story

Well, your streak of idiocy is still intact.

I realize that most likely you are just playing contrarian to push people's buttons to amuse yourself, but if that is not the case and you actually believe your own bullshit then you should get yourself some help. Stat.

Back