Patriots vs Bills 1PM CBS Game thread

achord absolutely must go. st has been ass the whole time he's been their coach.
I just don't get the point of not putting Joe Judge back in his ST coaching position when he came back to the team this offseason. This phase of the game, under him, was acutally really good.

Better game then I thought (was expecting another Bills-never-punted ass whooping) so happy with some of what I say.... ST not being one of them. Pats had chances.
as others have said, hoping for better O coaching (OC, O-line) and lets see how the pats can use the better draft spot and improve the team.

I'm not upset. The team is close. The effort was great. They played a good game. Much to be optimistic about imo. I know some others are all doom and gloom, but with perspective, I don't think there is any need to be.

I concur. I heard some, not many, fans saying that our rebuild plan went backwards this year, but I don't think so. We actually have a lot of young talent that we can compete
for a Championship with and the best part of the 2022 season was watching them develop into top players. We found a bunch of studs. We will need an overhaul on the coaching
staff and a good draft and free agency period-- in short, a really strong offseason to put ourselves in position to challenge for the AFC East next season, but that is a completely
achievable goal.

I am sort of glad that it's over, because it wasn't easy watching this team struggle so badly on Offense. It was painful and I'll soon turn the page and look forward to 2023 and our
offseason plans.

Better days are coming.

I'm not upset. The team is close. The effort was great. They played a good game. Much to be optimistic about imo. I know some others are all doom and gloom, but with perspective, I don't think there is any need to be.
We have a lot of cap space going into 2023. There are a couple of players that are FA's that we may want to resign like Myers and J. Jones. But others can be replaced and upgraded.
We should be able to add some pieces through the draft. So I'm optimistic that next year we should be able to contend.

I concur. I heard some, not many, fans saying that our rebuild plan went backwards this year, but I don't think so. We actually have a lot of young talent that we can compete
for a Championship with and the best part of the 2022 season was watching them develop into top players. We found a bunch of studs. We will need an overhaul on the coaching
staff and a good draft and free agency period-- in short, a really strong offseason to put ourselves in position to challenge for the AFC East next season, but that is a completely
achievable goal.

I am sort of glad that it's over, because it wasn't easy watching this team struggle so badly on Offense. It was painful and I'll soon turn the page and look forward to 2023 and our
offseason plans.

Better days are coming.
Agee with much of what you're saying, except the "better days are coming" part. That to me directly correlates to if Bill continues with Patricia and Judge handling anything to do with this offense. If he doesn't acknowledge his mistakes with the coaching staff and make the obvious changes, he likely won't be the head coach next season.

We have a lot of cap space going into 2023. There are a couple of players that are FA's that we may want to resign like Myers and J. Jones. But others can be replaced and upgraded.
We should be able to add some pieces through the draft. So I'm optimistic that next year we should be able to contend.
We need at minimum two tackles, and for the love of God can we please give Mac Jones at least one legitimate weapon. Not just a good player, a player that other teams are scared of.

I absolutely agree but 2001 the Jets and the Giant sucked that year and the Patriots were strong 9/11 I cant say in good faith even though I believe in my heart we won but I’m not so sure .... I want to believe but ...I’ll give Buffalo their due .... we shouldn’t have been in that position to begin with.... regardless. Love the Patriots and know we could have won. We didn’t there in lies the problem. Don’t want to be a Dee downer lol but.. just in my opinion.

~Dee~

Maybe the most slanted broadcast I've ever heard. Romo was legit cleaning up his pants every time Buffalo made a play.

Also, I feel bad for Hamlin and wish him a speed recovery, but the endless pumping of the story was hard to take.

Finally somebody said it and I agree. I watched the game on Sky Sports over here and it showed all of the hosts and pundits in the studio jumping and whooping with that first kick-off.

The Hamlin thing has been milked to death. He isn't dead, he'll recover, he's alive. And the prayer/Jesus shit really got on my tits, people saying it was God at work and the kick-off return was divine intervention. What crap. I guess the mothers of the 15,000 3rd world children who die every day from sickness and hunger just aren't praying hard enough. Or is God saying, "hang on mothers of the 3rd world, I'm going to have to put you on pause, a single football player in Buffalo is in critical condition, I'll have to put all my focus there".

/Rant over.

Manning up. It's what he has always done. Love ya Matthew.

View: https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/1612203061707145217?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1612203061707145217%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

He's right though. 35-14= 21. The Pats scored 23.
The Pats' O outplayed Josh Allen & Co. on offense - 1st downs, TOP, yards and points.
Bills fans, coaches and players shouldn't be feeling so great going into the playoffs after that game.

The Globe called this as we were saying it yesterday, re Romo.

Grievance of the game​

There’s no gentle way to put this. Tony Romo was awful during CBS’s broadcast. It began in pregame, when the network’s No. 1 NFL color analyst jabbered incomplete sentences over the intense, compelling images of emotional Bills coaches and players preparing to play their first game since Hamlin’s collapse. He took the same quasi-coherent route on Hines’s first kickoff return touchdown. I don’t believe he was insincere, but the word salad that he offered at a time when nothing needed to be said came as, at the very least, a serious misread of the moment and his role. If you don’t have anything to say, don’t filibuster in the hopes you might find it. He wasn’t much better during the game itself, declaring at least on three separate occasions that “this is the season” when the Patriots faced a third down. When Romo became something of a phenomenon as an analyst in 2017, he made watching the game more enjoyable. Sunday, during a game everyone wanted to watch, he made it less so.

Agee with much of what you're saying, except the "better days are coming" part. That to me directly correlates to if Bill continues with Patricia and Judge handling anything to do with this offense. If he doesn't acknowledge his mistakes with the coaching staff and make the obvious changes, he likely won't be the head coach next season.

You don't have to get worked up over that. It's over. Arizona is going to fire Kingsbury and he'll take the OC job here because BoB will not be available.. Judge will re-take over Special Teams and Patricia will either retire, at least in name, or be assigned to some analytical role where he can't do any direct damage. Even if Bill was too stubborn to admit he made a mistake, which he isn't,
Matty P. will fall on his sword to make the decision easier. He won't have to.

The lock of the century is that Bill will not go into next season with the same staff and expect different results. He knows it. Kraft knows it. Everybody should know that.

Better days are coming. 2023 seems like the perfect season to meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.

BAH-DUMMMMMMM

1-pete-townsend-ara-ashjian.jpg

achievable goal.

offseason plans.

Better days are coming.
I've said before, I am as optimistic for 2023 as I've been on some time. No Super Bowl predictions but I expect a return to the postseason. The budding talent on the roster is close. I don't know if Mac Jones in the answer but I do think we'll know for certain after 2023.

I was beside myself watching the Miami game last week. (How could they not put them away?) I came into yesterday just going through the motions but (the worst ST unit I can recall under BB aside) I saw some good, encouraging things. This may be the Bills division and I know their D is not at full strength but they haven't separated themselves from the rest of the division the way a lot of us, and the experts, believed they would have by now. (And that Josh Allen contract looms large beginning next year)

The Globe called this as we were saying it yesterday, re Romo.

when Romo 1st came on the scene as partner/analyst to Jim Nantz, he was a wicked breath of fresh NFL savvy broadcast air

The Suits at CBS had long ago directed Nantz to "hold-the-audience-for-our-GD commercials-by-breathlessly-yammering-tension-building-game-narration-whether-the gameplay-warrants-it-or-not"

Tony looked across the CBS conference table at The Suits when they suggested he cut back the savvy and increase the suspense to better team up w/ Nantz and he said:

"for $17M /per year I'll find gameplay tension in what color uniforms the teams are sporting" :)

To contend IMO the Pats have to have much, much better QB play. The million dollar question is whether Mac is that guy or not. It is hard to tell given the awful coaching but he also regressed as well from his rookie season. IMO, the roster still needs a ton of work but on the bright side, Bill has a lot of money and decent draft position at 15 so let's see how it all goes. I really want a legit offensive weapon that actually scares the other team. Also IMO need to fix the Oline and look at replacements for McCourty and Slater and get a truly shut down CB.

Back