Political Playground

I wear it as a badge of honour

Badge? You have to show us your badge?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VqomZQMZQCQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VqomZQMZQCQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Ditto. WHITPPSITPP.

Funny how you can feel totally different about a person depending on which forum you're in.

Anderson is a good example for me. When I first ran across him in the Political Playground In thought he was Satan. But he's one of my favorite characters in the 3RC. Same with several other people.

THIS.
Well, except Maverick, who I don't think has ever posted outside the political forum lol. (So, now that it's gone, what will happen to him? lol He's lost his home!)

I was kind of hoping dchester might have served as the de facto Political Playground Monitor (ha, I didn't see how that phrase would come together until I typed it) As a regular contributor over there,he had his finger on the pulse of the forum; and I think he has a good perspective on how far things can be pushed. While he has his opinions, he has the ability to express them in a way that encourages rational discussion. I don't recall him ever losing his cool...or more importantly his sense of humor.

I'm sure he'll really appreciate my lobbying for him in this role.:thwak:

Also this. Excellent idea. I think dchester would make an excellent political forum mod.

Yeah, I honestly don't get that argument whatsoever. I didn't see any spillover; if people disliked each other, it occurred just as much in the Three Ring Circus as much as it did in the PF. Nor did I see this "spillover" that people are claiming.

I also find it odd that people were reporting posts in that forum. Did the warning that went with the Forum title not give enough warning? I honestly doubt that the complaints about posts in the PF came mainly from PF contributors.

I reported nothing, just so you know. ;) Prolly could have though, right?

I agree with you on the 'spillover', to an extent. You and I would clash in the Playground, often :), but agreed on several things outside (the Pats, Education, and the Pope's ton-deafness, to name 3).

Also this. Excellent idea. I think dchester would make an excellent political forum mod.

I think everyone is missing the entire point.

The Mods don't want to have to police any posts, in any forum.

They would prefer that we all read the rules and abide them, making it completely unnecessary for them to take actions against any poster.

That is of course, fantasy since there will always be something that will require a referee to enforce the rules.

Whatever one thinks of the PF, there is no doubt that tempers ran high there and flame wares were the rule rather than the exception. So we have no one to blame but ourselves for their decision to close it.

As i said in the PF closing thread, think of this forum as the home of the moderators. We are their guests and we are obligated to abide by their rules.

If they don't want the angst associated with certain discussions and don't want to have to be the parent saying "don't make me come back there", then we have two choices: abide by their rules, or don't come to visit.

Maybe if we all demonstrate that we can discuss topics like adults in the present forums, they might consider that we've shown enough responsibility to cry havoc and let loose the dogs of war, er reopen the PF.

I think everyone is missing the entire point.

The Mods don't want to have to police any posts, in any forum.

They would prefer that we all read the rules and abide them, making it completely unnecessary for them to take actions against any poster.

That is of course, fantasy since there will always be something that will require a referee to enforce the rules.

Whatever one thinks of the PF, there is no doubt that tempers ran high there and flame wares were the rule rather than the exception. So we have no one to blame but ourselves for their decision to close it.

As i said in the PF closing thread, think of this forum as the home of the moderators. We are their guests and we are obligated to abide by their rules.

If they don't want the angst associated with certain discussions and don't want to have to be the parent saying "don't make me come back there", then we have two choices: abide by their rules, or don't come to visit.

Maybe if we all demonstrate that we can discuss topics like adults in the present forums, they might consider that we've shown enough responsibility to cry havoc and let loose the dogs of war, er reopen the PF.

this guy is a smart man, he gets it

great post

STRAWMAN! :D. Ah I loves ya Freak/Publius...just tryin to yank your chain a little
Posted via Mobile Device

No worries.

And while it may have seemed like I was trying to flame 'ol steve-o, I was in all honestly trying to get him to understand just how often he resorted to those two fallacies.

Either that, or he knew he was doing it, and was just getting mad that he was being called out on it.

this is true as I have some too

but what is amazing is that people even reported post from the AA

It would be entertaining if there was a thread containing all the posts that had been complained about or negative repped. I know you guys won't do that, but it would definitely be fun to scroll through. And, that kind of wall of shame would probably keep people in check a bit.

enjoy some time off as our first 'Acting The Fool' Rule recipient which states

The 'Acting The Fool Rule'

This policy is not tailored to any specific offense, but is intended as a generic 'behave with some common sense and decorum' policy that will apply to all Patriots Planet forums.

The moderators of this forum reserve the right to issue punishments based on infractions not specifically listed in the moderation forum, which in our opinion violate the intent or spirit of the new climate here at Patriots Planet.

The general activity that will run you afoul of this policy can be stated as: "Failure to disagree with a poster's opinion without being overly disagreeable."

“Disruptive conduct” by a Patriots Planet member is defined as conduct that adversely affects the planet's ability to accomplish its objectives as a civil community and includes, but is not necessarily limited to the following actions toward fellow Posters:

1. Hostile, angry or aggressive Post, Private Messages, Visitor's Messages and Rep Comments.

2. Attacks (verbal or physical threatening) that go beyond the bounds of fair member conduct.

3. Abusive language or criticism directed at the recipient in such a way as to ridicule, humiliate, intimidate, undermine confidence, or belittle.

4. Derogatory comments that go beyond differences of opinion that are made to a fellow Poster.

5. Writing of malicious, arbitrary, or inappropriate comments/notes in Post, Private Messages, Visitor's Messages and Rep Comments.

The moderators may extend warnings, strikes or outright banishment of any members at any time for violating any of these guidelines. In addition: just because a guideline is not listed does not mean that they will not act appropriately where/when it is deemed necessary.

Come on mods, where are the warnings for the Colt fans that responded on my post with insults, or does the warnings only apply to me?

What just happened just proved what goes on here, the political playground lives, the hypocrisy goes on. So, I get warned for insulting Colt fans, call out the mods for their hypocrisy on NOT giving them warnings, and get banned for that. So, enjoy the shit hole that this site is, **** off all of you.

What just happened just proved what goes on here, the political playground lives, the hypocrisy goes on. So, I get warned for insulting Colt fans, call out the mods for their hypocrisy on NOT giving them warnings, and get banned for that. So, enjoy the $hit hole that this site is, **** off all of you.

Gee, was it something I said?

:shrug:

BTW, this is kinda fun.

:)

Back