Post Your Forum Suggestions Here

*mikiemo83 on 12-20-2007 at 01:03 PM said:
I hate change so please do not change a thing Mr Admin and the 25 Mods - Change makes me more nervous than paranoidpatriot

I'm glad that you understand.I don't like change either.

Everytime a change is suggested , I think they want to do something to me.

RoadGrader on 12-20-2007 at 01:04 PM said:
I like mrblaze

he's got a spunkyness all about him
Perhaps you've found a new cyber-BFF?

Just in time for the holidays too.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Post Your Forum Suggestions Here

mrblaze on 12-20-2007 at 01:05 PM said:
You shouldn't need to eclipse a posting benchmark in order to make software suggestions on a public board...

Even if I had, all that would possibly be different is this thread may have gone without some of the attacks being issued, my suggestion would have remained the same so why wait? I'm not concerned with anyone who doesn't like me for expressing my opinion.

Is it possible that the board software and design is currently set up because, I don't know, maybe the topic has been tackled prior to the 20 or so days you've been here?

It's not about being a seasoned veteran. It's about finding out why something is before suggesting it be altered.

ParanoidPatriot on 12-20-2007 at 01:06 PM said:
I'm glad that you understand.I don't like change either.

Everytime a change is suggested , I think they want to do something to me.
see, I will say it again to show it was true...welcome to the planet

mrblaze, have you read the thread about the new Humble pie shirts AD is selling

here is the link

mrblaze on 12-20-2007 at 01:01 PM said:
I was specifically referring to the guy who joked that "A$sante" needed the extra cash to "fix his grill up & get some gold teethz", you don't want to consider that a borderline racist comment then your head is in the sand.

But let's stay on topic, this is a good thread I started and it's being derailed by personal attacks and the like. Why not add some suggestions of your own?

I've learned that if you take everything personal, you will need new meds. So my suggestion is to not suggest changes and then things won't get personal.

But let's stay on topic, this is a good thread I started and it's being derailed by personal attacks and the like. Why not add some suggestions of your own?

I have a suggestion.

www.patsfans.com

click that and don't come back.

Why not add some suggestions of your own?

I would suggest starting some football threads, get to know the place, and not worry about the software.

The board is working just fine, and it has been fine since I've been here - Oct 2004.

You threw around the racist word, and weren't specific as to who you were referring to in that post. Painting with a broad brush don't fly around here.

You know what's ironic??

Even the two places mentioned have better software in terms of spotting replies. One discolors topics you've visited the length of the post name, instead of some small little damn square with symbols on it, and one BOLDS the topic with new replies...

mrblaze on 12-20-2007 at 01:16 PM said:
You know what's ironic??

Even the two places mentioned have better software in terms of spotting replies. One discolors topics you've visited the length of the post name, instead of some small little damn square with symbols on it, and one BOLDS the topic with new replies...

And we care because :shrug:

Post there if the software here isn't up to your standards. Are you employed? or do you go around all day complaining about message board software?

Patriots4ever* on 12-20-2007 at 01:15 PM said:

You threw around the racist word, and weren't specific as to who you were referring to in that post. Painting a broad brush don't fly around here.
Well if you'd so kindly pull your head out of my ass, you'd realize I specifically mentioned who that particular comment was meant for.

Thanks pal

Re: Re: Re: Post Your Forum Suggestions Here

mrblaze on 12-20-2007 at 12:57 PM said:
This is a poor attitude. The best forums on the net are FREE pal. I am not intending to be the sole person giving suggestions here, I just pointed out some I felt were needed. I didn't anticipate others being so hush hush , except for one poster, about something they'd like to see different aesthetically.

Believe me, the forum isn't perfect, all forums could use a little upgrade here and there, so I'm not sure why there's so much resent over a new guy pointing out some things he feels should be fixed. Maybe fresh eyes are needed because this board is relatively old in design...
I agree that newer versions of this software have some really nice features, that said, UT and company have discussed the software at various times since I've joined and noted they do not have control over upgrades. Life's a SF87 and then you die, or so they say.

The Three Ring Circus aspect of the main forum is misnamed, it's more like some of the more entertaining tourist traps I've visited in my well-spent youth, it takes an adjustment for new members - okay, "some" do dive in like they're used to being the life of the orgy, but that's a popular minority. My wooden nickel, wear protection, keep you wallet in an inside pocket with some folding cash tucked in a couple hard to get places, wash your hands frequently, and use liberal quantities of alcohol to sterilize the inevitable mental infections - you'll love it!

You know what's ironic??

That's great, so why are you still hanging around here?

I was specifically referring to the guy who joked that "A$sante" needed the extra cash to "fix his grill up & get some gold teethz", you don't want to consider that a borderline racist comment then your head is in the sand.

Mr. Blaze,

IMHO, that quote by itself is not racist, so I guess I qualify as an ostrich. With that being said, I cannot find that post anywhere. The closest I can find is...

"If Asante had a few million he could get his teeth fixed, so yeah he needs the money."

If I am wrong, then please correct me. For the record, I know quite a few caucasians who could use some good work on their teeth. :shrug:

You know what's ironic??

Actually, if you go to this Board's main page, and then click on "Assclown Asylum", you'll find everything that you're looking for. Links that are bold for threads you didn't read yet, etc.

Really. Go check it out. Permanently.

Fully* Tilted* on 12-20-2007 at 01:17 PM said:
And we care because :shrug:

Post there if the software here isn't up to your standards. Are you employed? or do you go around all day complaining about message board software?
Yeah, I'm a loser with no life who browses the internet all day, I don't pretend to be anything different. As such though, I consider myself knowledgeable on matters that pertain to software design, and I'm more than capable of spotting some archaic, cave-man era design that resembles a board I'd frequented six years ago.

The one forum add-on I'd make a Christmas wish for is to be able to read first paragraph of a post when you mouse over it (like the SoxPlanet board has).
Thank you

You know what's ironic??

did you go to BC? maybe even BC Law? so you would be a Double Eagle?

if so, this would be the best

Back