Post Your Forum Suggestions Here

mrblaze

Reaction score
This default email alert system for replies is archaic, we are not cave-men.

Also, threads with new replies should be BOLDED to separate them from older ones, it is too much work to check who replied last. Do it for us, simple web design......

For example, in case I wasn't perfectly clear --

exammmplepv1.jpg

See the two threads in bold text? Isn't it so much easier to identify the thread with new replies??

This will make forum smoother.

I know this would be hard to change, but I wish not all the topics were muddled into the "Three Ring Circus-Patriots tailgate." I know there are a few others, like the draft, assclown and political forums, but I wish there were others so that 90% of topics wouldn't end up here. Most other forums have an "off the field" or "Around the NFL" or "College sports"heading to break atleast some of the topics up. I just wish atleast one of those would be added to help separate some of the topics.

I realize though thats probably not an easy thing to do and understand if the board stays the same, as it works very well as is.

Southpaw on 12-20-2007 at 05:38 PM said:
I know this would be hard to change, but I wish not all the topics were muddled into the "Three Ring Circus-Patriots tailgate." I know there are a few others, like the draft, assclown and political forums, but I wish there were others so that 90% of topics wouldn't end up here. Most other forums have an "off the field" or "Around the NFL" or "College sports"heading to break atleast some of the topics up. I just wish atleast one of those would be added to help separate some of the topics.

I realize though thats probably not an easy thing to do and understand if the board stays the same, as it works very well as is.

i'm pretty sure that this has been discused before, and the mods agreed to keep it this way.

and Blaze, it isn't as obvious as bolded text, but the little picture of the page on the left, next to each topic is different depending on if u have read/posted in that thread. i.e if there is no new post its blank, if there is new post it has writing and if u posted in it, it has a little tick.
i don't no bout the email system, cause i blocked them

Thanks for the suggestions :rolleyes: :D

For any newbies that may not know, we (UT and the council of 25) have very little control of the board software. We have limited options on how we can configure things. We are running with a very old version of Vbulletin. We've been hoping for a couple of years now that we would receive an upgrade, but it hasn't happened.

On the topic of different forums for different themed threads, we've discussed this several times in the past. The overwhelming feeling has been to keep things the way they are. The reality is that many members would not bother checking out the different forums. Part of what makes this site fun is that you never know what topics may suddenly appear. It's part of our "personality". We've separated the politics (very little choice on that one :fight: ). We recently added a draft forum. Of course, we have the assclown asylum. If we further section off the "off topic" themes, this main forum will likely become a very quiet place. It's just who we are :shrug:

mrblaze on 12-20-2007 at 02:01 AM said:
This default email alert system for replies is archaic, we are not cave-men.

Also, threads with new replies should be BOLDED to separate them from older ones, it is too much work to check who replied last. Do it for us, simple web design......
Just look at the icons. It's not that hard to figure out which threads have new replies.

I find it pretty easy to find new replies, just hit the arrows.

We do have significant control over the modding the board, I can look into other options for new replies if others feel the same way.

As far as OT posts, that is what makes the Planet what it is. If we were to separate everything out, then we would be like every other board. This is a community tailgate.

Here's my suggestion: someone with 16 posts should Shut The %&*#$ Up.

Here's another suggestion: if this is another board reg #&$*ing around with a new screen name, it's getting tiresome. JMO.

JD10367 on 12-20-2007 at 09:50 AM said:

Here's another suggestion: if this is another board reg #&$*ing around with a new screen name, it's getting tiresome. JMO.
Man JD, let it out guy, let it out

Can you feel the love tonight?

JD10367 on 12-20-2007 at 09:50 AM said:
ROFL

*mikiemo83 on 12-20-2007 at 09:00 AM said:
Man JD, let it out guy, let it out

Can you feel the love tonight?

JD: Master of the Subtle Hint :thumb:

Major A$$hole* on 12-20-2007 at 10:12 AM said:
I'm trying to decipher your cryptic message?

I believe its formulaic:

The percentage and* number of dollars Up!

* GFY!

mrblaze on 12-20-2007 at 02:01 AM said:

Two gripes and a derisive command in one paragrah from a wet-behind-the-ears NooB with an attitude.

I wouldn't piss on the guy if I saw him on fire based on his first dozen posts.

Why do some people feel the need to start getting all alpha male right out of the gate?

Anyone who disagrees with me about anything, whether I have commented here on the topic or not, should shut the F up.

Hey, JD....did you ever work in customer service in a previous life?

Back