Public Apology

Go on and post whore to your content, its all good
I would. But I would totally expose myself as a complete idiot if I did. I try to keep my post low enough where people think I am one but there is still a little tiny shadow of a doubt there.
PS: To all of you who are going to say "There is no doubt". GFY!:4321:

If CKA was a man, the replies would all be different.. but because CKA is female, and you guys see a cute avatar, you're blinded by hormones..

She says Pats fans are "posting/boasting/loathing" (boasting?) while her family isn't talking about it much... meanwhile, I can't even watch ESPN because it makes me want to vomit. They are discussing how the Pats can take video at half time, edit 35 plays worth of video, sit the team down, give out the new revised game plan, work on those plays.. meanwhile Matt Walsh is memorizing the entire Rams walkthrough so he can tell all the players exactly where Marshall Faulk is going to run during each play.... but her co-workers aren't talking about it much, it seems to be only us Pats fans. Meanwhile, she's on a Pats forum wondering all this....

When you say the world cares less, are you talking about your grandma who doesn't watch football, or the Jets and Raiders fans who've been waiting for an excuse to knock the Pats down a peg. Are you talking the die hard Colts fans who can now put an * next to Pats and use the word 'cheaters' to tweak Pats fans?

Hey, CKA... does your family frequent Pats forums? Do they watch ESPN? Do they even care about sports? Do they talk about Roger Clemens, or do you figure that it's only Astros and Yankees fans posting/boasting/loathing on Roger?

Good that you apologize, but I think it's a tad insincere and only a result of the abuse you took. I have to agree that a new thread to apologize just makes it appear even more that you're looking for attention.

I'm sure I'll get raped for this too.. but hey, I'm not looking to boost my rep points.. just calling it like I see it.

If CKA was a man, the replies would all be different.. but because CKA is female, and you guys see a cute avatar, you're blinded by hormones..

She says Pats fans are "posting/boasting/loathing" (boasting?) while her family isn't talking about it much... meanwhile, I can't even watch ESPN because it makes me want to vomit. They are discussing how the Pats can take video at half time, edit 35 plays worth of video, sit the team down, give out the new revised game plan, work on those plays.. meanwhile Matt Walsh is memorizing the entire Rams walkthrough so he can tell all the players exactly where Marshall Faulk is going to run during each play.... but her co-workers aren't talking about it much, it seems to be only us Pats fans. Meanwhile, she's on a Pats forum wondering all this....

When you say the world cares less, are you talking about your grandma who doesn't watch football, or the Jets and Raiders fans who've been waiting for an excuse to knock the Pats down a peg. Are you talking the die hard Colts fans who can now put an * next to Pats and use the word 'cheaters' to tweak Pats fans?

Hey, CKA... does your family frequent Pats forums? Do they watch ESPN? Do they even care about sports? Do they talk about Roger Clemens, or do you figure that it's only Astros and Yankees fans posting/boasting/loathing on Roger?

Good that you apologize, but I think it's a tad insincere and only a result of the abuse you took. I have to agree that a new thread to apologize just makes it appear even more that you're looking for attention.

I'm sure I'll get raped for this too.. but hey, I'm not looking to boost my rep points.. just calling it like I see it.
Like I wrote, I don't care about CKA's first thread. I thought it was silly and smacked of the same paternalism that underlies her frequent rebukes of my Dungy bashing, but to each his own.

That having been said, you raise good, fair points. Rep points for you.

No need to apologize. This is the internet. We could fill up half the board with apologies on any given day.

I would like to sincerely apologize to any and all I offended with some of my recent posts. I shall not name the thread or incident, as I feel we all need to move on from the issue, but if you were/are one of the offended, you will know to what I am referring.

In re-reading my posts and the replies from others, I can see that I badly worded what I was trying to say. It was never my intent to inflame anyone, offend anyone, or to infer anything bad towards anyone here or the Pats.

All I really meant to convey was my feeling that it was time to move on, that there really was no "story" to talk about, and my honest belief that most people really don't care.

I guess that's only true in my little corner of the world, though, and I am sorry so many of you have had to deal with such ignorant people, haters, etc., for so long because of this non-issue.

I respect everyone here, and I love the Planet, and I truly am sorry if I caused anyone to be upset, angry, or hurt with my comments.

I will strive to give future posts more careful consideration/wording before I hit "submit".
You post wasn't offensive, just wrong. If you had been on some Colts forums lately, you would have seen why I say this.

Here are a couple examples, both started by Colts fans.
http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4852
http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4811

In any case, you shouldn't feel the need to inhibit your opinion. We've become quite fond of you.

wuv

Additionally, she and others ignored the fact that people like Muse actually get SPIT on because of this and that people do and say mean and sick things simply because we display our fandom in various ways. Oh well ..this is the truly the last word from me. Too much attention paid to this already.

Ok,

Sorry CKA but I think if you wanted to apologize then it would of been fine in the other thread no need for another one. I'm not mad like I said in the OTHER thread. The point is that you keep stating that we are the only ones that care about this issue, but then admit that you do not go to any other forums or sites. You say your work and family doesn't talk about it and doesn't care but your co-workers and family are only an itty bitty part of this country. So next time I'd say just think really hard about what you are posting as a thread. You had to have known that some would take offense I mean you're on a Pats board you have seen the crap we have gone through for months with this. Or maybe you didn't see it and that was the problem.

Apology accepted, even though it was not necessary.

Let those amongst us who have never posted something they later wished they had thought twice about now be heard......

*cue crickets*

800px-Fried_crickets_in_Cambodia.jpg

Great post Patsrus.

She's only sayin sorry because she messed up.
like that is a bad thing, dumbass?

you're still a dumballs and a dipshit but now I think further on it, let me add you're also a hopeless simpleton

I'm only sayin so because I don't want you to think I messed up when I posted something similar to you earlier

Let's just hope that the lesson was learned...it was not a very smart thing to do (3 seperate times) and it got me riled up as well after the 2nd and 3rd time.I'll take CKA at her word that she is sorry now.Enough said..

Ok everyone just sit back hold hands and stare at the fire and you will all feel better afterwards:)

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/goySQcDm0ko&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/goySQcDm0ko&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I would like to sincerely apologize to any and all I offended with some of my recent posts. I shall not name the thread or incident, as I feel we all need to move on from the issue, but if you were/are one of the offended, you will know to what I am referring.

In re-reading my posts and the replies from others, I can see that I badly worded what I was trying to say. It was never my intent to inflame anyone, offend anyone, or to infer anything bad towards anyone here or the Pats.

All I really meant to convey was my feeling that it was time to move on, that there really was no "story" to talk about, and my honest belief that most people really don't care.

I guess that's only true in my little corner of the world, though, and I am sorry so many of you have had to deal with such ignorant people, haters, etc., for so long because of this non-issue.

I respect everyone here, and I love the Planet, and I truly am sorry if I caused anyone to be upset, angry, or hurt with my comments.

I will strive to give future posts more careful consideration/wording before I hit "submit".

Nice flowery heartfelt words can't make my intense pain and sadness magically go away, cka. :cuss:

Just kidding :) :poke: Hope you have a good day, nice lady :p

I've read this and the other thread and have no problem with anything that cka had to say, that's her perspective, and I can totally understand why anyone would be sick of this crap.

Here's my perspective, and my rant, and not knowing where else to post it, I'll do so here.

That Boston Herald story on Saturday, ruined the entire Super Bowl experience for me. I could not watch anything to do with the Super Bowl that entire weekend and avoided every broadcast up until kickoff, which under normal circumstances I would have been glued to my couch.

The idea that the Rams walk through was taped was a line crossed that I couldn't stomach. The idea that everything I've enjoyed so much over the last several years was not real, and was tainted was terrible. I was so affected by it, that I had trouble even getting into the game. It seemed to me almost poetic justice that we lost, because if this information was true, to me we didn't deserve any of it.

Now, yesterday was vindication. I feel like I can enjoy football again. (Clearly I have issues and need to think about my football addiction.)

CKA, I'm sure that many Pat fans feel similar to myself. After 8 months of our Beloved Patsies getting killed, you must forgive us our "told you so's" for a little while longer.

Now, I can't wait for next season..........................

Back