Rams trade for No. 1 pick in 2016 draft

RGIII has a borderline Pro Bowl year this year. The Browns will still suck, but much like when Brian Hoyer was their QB, it won't be RGIII's fault.

The difference between 6-10 and 3-13 means nothing to us, but I think that matters, sadly, to the Browns.

Your the #1 overall pick. Had a horrible preseason. Now the 3rd strings QB .

While it would have been better if he played better in preseason (going off what people are saying here, I never saw a snap), but long term it is probably better for him to sit and learn, rather than being thrown to the wolves.

SSDD

While it would have been better if he played better in preseason (going off what people are saying here, I never saw a snap), but long term it is probably better for him to sit and learn, rather than being thrown to the wolves. SSDD
I saw more Rams preseason game then pats this year . I watched it on Hard knocks

See the end of this post for an explanation of "The Fisher Number."

When I made the post Fisher needed two more sub-.500 seasons to raise his number to 9.

It's a year later, so now he is naturally one year closer to raising his number. :D

Also, BB is two seasons away from a BB# of 12 compared to 3 needed when you posted it.

See the end of this post for an explanation of "The Fisher Number."

When I made the post Fisher needed two more sub-.500 seasons to raise his number to 9.

It's a year later, so now he is naturally one year closer to raising his number. :D
Quoting my own post here, but after one game it looks as if Jeff Fisher is going to become sole owner of the highest Fisher number.

Quoting my own post here, but after one game it looks as if Jeff Fisher is going to become sole owner of the highest Fisher number.

May well get the 2017 #1 without trading.

God they looked hopeless.

Cheers

Anybody can lay an egg in the opener but what jumped out to me in the early going was the lack of effort in all three phases.

That is a very bad sign or a really good sign for those of us, like me, who enjoy the thought of Jeff Fisher looking bad and the Rams playing in front of a lot of empty seats.

“Like I told the players, there are 15 other teams that lost,” said Rams Coach Jeff Fisher.

So far, so good.

Obviously the Rams look very bad here, but it'd be a major mistake if they didn't give Jeff Fisher another six years to figure it all out.

:coffee:

No excuses, except this one.... :tmack:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jeff Fisher credited SF. I asked how team could play so poorly w/ 7 months to prepare. Said no excuses but added team moved 4x in 7 months.</p>— Jim Trotter (@JimTrotter_NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/JimTrotter_NFL/status/775579844281184257">September 13, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RGIII has a borderline Pro Bowl year this year. The Browns will still suck, but much like when Brian Hoyer was their QB, it won't be RGIII's fault.

The difference between 6-10 and 3-13 means nothing to us, but I think that matters, sadly, to the Browns.

maybe not...

Anybody can lay an egg in the opener but what jumped out to me in the early going was the lack of effort in all three phases.

That is a very bad sign or a really good sign for those of us, like me, who enjoy the thought of Jeff Fisher looking bad and the Rams playing in front of a lot of empty seats.

“Like I told the players, there are 15 other teams that lost,” said Rams Coach Jeff Fisher.

So far, so good.

Sound like the 49ers oline dominated the Rams dline. How is that possible?

Apparently, this was the most exciting part of the game:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kevin Harlan's call of this fan on the field belongs in the broadcasting HOF. <a href="https://t.co/JbLD3ElyZX">pic.twitter.com/JbLD3ElyZX</a></p>— Joe Giglio (@JoeGiglioSports) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoeGiglioSports/status/775665912741593088">September 13, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sound like the 49ers oline dominated the Rams dline. How is that possible?

I didn't see that much of the game, so beats me.

My wild-ass impression was that LA wasn't bothering much with basic defensive skills like setting an edge or tackling.

Maybe Hollywood Fisher didn't want them peaking too soon or they were suffering from jet lag due to the one-hour flight.

Fisher looked like he was scouting that bare-chested, drunken beast :coffee:

I didn't see that much of the game, so beats me.

My wild-ass impression was that LA wasn't bothering much with basic defensive skills like setting an edge or tackling.

Maybe Hollywood Fisher didn't want them peaking too soon or they were suffering from jet lag due to the one-hour flight.

Hyde had like a 30 yard TD run and he wasn't even touched. That was their 1st TD

Would have gone for 99 if they were on their own 1yd line

When do people pump the brakes on this "Fisher is a good coach" BS? At least he's not on the competition committee anymore, so there's that...

Hyde had like a 30 yard TD run and he wasn't even touched. That was their 1st TD

Would have gone for 99 if they were on their own 1yd line

When do people pump the brakes on this "Fisher is a good coach" BS? At least he's not on the competition committee anymore, so there's that...

I did it about 10 years ago.

Not only is he incredibly overrated as a coach, he's a Gregg Williams-level scumbag.

Back