Random Football News

As a public school teacher who fights the cell phone battle with students constantly, I see this going very badly for AZ. If you need these guys focused then giving them access to IG, Twitter, FB, Candy Crush or whatever gives them reason to lose focus. Even for 10 - 15 minutes. Good luck trying to regroup after the break.

Totally off track but about a week ago my son's school started a policy where there are absolutely no phones allowed in class. They can bring them to school but they have to stay in their lockers at all times including lunch. My son came home saying how he hated the rule and thought that I should side with him. I think he was a little surprised when I said that I loved the new rule. I think if they get caught the first time it's a warning and they have to take their phone to their locker. The second time the principal confiscates the phone and the only way they get it back is if a parent picks it up.

As a public school teacher who fights the cell phone battle with students constantly, I see this going very badly for AZ. If you need these guys focused then giving them access to IG, Twitter, FB, Candy Crush or whatever gives them reason to lose focus. Even for 10 - 15 minutes. Good luck trying to regroup after the break.

Most coaches give their players breaks during long meetings, but this guy shows his immaturity by calling them "cell phone breaks". Not ready for prime time.

Then again, he hasn't let anybody do a live broadcast from the locker room yet, so he's a step ahead of Tomlin in my book.

Totally off track but about a week ago my son's school started a policy where there are absolutely no phones allowed in class. They can bring them to school but they have to stay in their lockers at all times including lunch. My son came home saying how he hated the rule and thought that I should side with him. I think he was a little surprised when I said that I loved the new rule. I think if they get caught the first time it's a warning and they have to take their phone to their locker. The second time the principal confiscates the phone and the only way they get it back is if a parent picks it up.

Parents in my district would be up in arms if we tried this. I teach high school and these kids are so reliant on their phones for everything. It's a losing battle to be honest but I make sure to tell their parents that grades would probably be higher if the kid had his/her cell phone in their pocket during class.

I don't understand why parents send their kids to school with cell phones at all. If there's an emergency, I Promise you the kid will be able to acquire access to a phone in order to give you a call.

Everything else a phone does behind that functionality is just a distraction which will not just make them perform worse at school, it will sap the most important function of school (teaching them How to learn) and make them less successful at life. If your kid is getting twitchy after 30 minutes without a cell phone in front of them, you as a parent f***ed up at some point.

TT record 35-40. Only two winning seasons in six years. He went 8-5 once & 7-6. 1-2 in Bowl games. I don't get the hype & I would bet he's gone in 3 years. Maybe two.

I knew it wasn't a great record, but I didn't know it was that bad.

Outside of Oklahoma and Oklahoma St. (with the rare Baylor or TCU year), there really wasn't a whole bunch in that Big XII cupboard.

Bears trade Jordan Howard to Eagles

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Raiders sign linebacker Brandon Marshall

WTF is Chicago thinking?!?!?

Literally pennies on the dollar return.

A 6th?

Are you fvcking kidding?

Wow.

Maybe a story coming out? I bet he leaves the seat up after he pees. Or he doesn't use his turn signal. Or he opens a bag of chips while shopping, eats said bag of chips and leaves the empty bag in the aisle never paying for them.

Regarding potential reviews involving illegal picks:

Pick plays could present a potential replay review can of worms

Case in point: The automatic review of any touchdown reception will likely now include scanning the field for not only a push off at the point the ball was caught but an illegal pick at the point where the receiver got open.

“Blocking more than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage by an offensive player prior to a pass being thrown is offensive pass interference,” the official rulebook states. And since the expansion of replay applies generally to offensive pass interference and defensive pass interference, blocking more than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage prior to a pass being thrown becomes the silver bullet to wipe out a touchdown.

Unintended consequence or intended? This will open up offenses now that any foul anywhere on the field is fair game to be called in review. DBs have their work cut out for them but offensive players will have to be coached up, too. No team used more pick plays and got away with them than KC last year. One example that got lots of pub was against the Pats in the AFCCG with 2:55 to go & Pats up by 3 when Chris Conley wiped out JCJackson to allow Sammy Watkins to get wide open for a 38 yd pass to our 2 yd line.

This new rule will be huge in games this year with the game in the balance. DBs have never been more important in the game. Neither has proper coaching for WRs to properly execute a pick play. :coffee:

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1087...-late-in-patriots-incredible-win-over-chiefs/

What's ironic to me is that NO's Sean Payton pushed for this rule and his team had the most DPI calls last year with 20 per NFL Research. Be careful what you wish for!

WTF is Chicago thinking?!?!?

Literally pennies on the dollar return.

A 6th?

Are you fvcking kidding?

Wow.

Howard's in the last year of his contract so when he leaves after this year the Eagles will get a comp pick equal or better than that 6th. Roseman picked up a good blocking TE for free. Belichickian move imo.

Howard's in the last year of his contract so when he leaves after this year the Eagles will get a comp pick equal or better than that 6th. Roseman picked up a good blocking TE for free. Belichickian move imo.

Huh?

What are you talking about? The trade was for a 6th that could possibly flex to a 5th.

As far as Howard:

The Bears might miss Howard, who set the franchise's rookie rushing record with 1,313 yards in 2016. The back also reached 2,000 rushing yards faster (24 games) than Walter Payton and Gale Sayers. Since entering the league, Howard has the third-most rushing yards of any running back in the league (3,370), just behind Ezekiel Elliott (4,048) and Todd Gurley (3,441).

That was worth way more than a 6th.

Maybe a story coming out? I bet he leaves the seat up after he pees. Or he doesn't use his turn signal. Or he opens a bag of chips while shopping, eats said bag of chips and leaves the empty bag in the aisle never paying for them.
Bad mouthing a player as he leaves would be a red sox type of move.

Eagles getting Howard is a win-win-win trade. He's still on his rookie deal, so even if he doesn't show up he won't be too expensive. If he does well they can re-sign him, if he gets a deal elsewhere they get a comp pick. What the hell were the Bears thinking?

Back