Random Thoughts That Don't Warrant Full Threads #2

RIP to the biggest Pats fan I will ever know.
My grandfather passed this afternoon at 87. Born and raised in Foxboro, lived his married life in Mansfield. Because of him I'm a fan, and always will be. Guy was my hero. He had season tickets every year they've existed, had to stop going to the games the last 3 years because he wasn't getting around too well. They'll be passed down to his 2 daughters.

My grandfather passed this afternoon at 87. Born and raised in Foxboro, lived his married life in Mansfield. Because of him I'm a fan, and always will be. Guy was my hero. He had season tickets every year they've existed, had to stop going to the games the last 3 years because he wasn't getting around too well. They'll be passed down to his 2 daughters.

Sorry for you're loss.

So very sorry. Thoughts are with you and your family.

Had a great time at Gillette Sunday with my wife and son. She ran the 5K to the 50 yard line with her cousins. I, being the gracious husband that I am, watched my son and drank a few beers.

Also, some how in the sea of thousands at Gillette that day, I ran into botp, who was running in the 10k.

Be careful using Siri to transcribe a text when it contains technical information.

Last week we had a customer that had problems with his robotic manipulator we sold him as part of an ultrasonic inspection system.

Our manipulators are servo motor based and they use what's known as a PID file (Proportional Integral and Derivative position loop), to store all the control parameters for the manipulator.

When we heard about the problems our customer had, the only quick fix we could think of was that someone had edited the PID file and that's the source of his problem. The only other plausible cause was a hardware issue that would require that they send the equipment back for evaluation and repair.

Our software has a feature to restore the default PID file for any given manipulator, so that's what a co-worker tried to text to our customer.

This is what he dictated to Siri to text.

"You need to reset the PID file. If that doesn't work, it's hardware and send it back"

This is what Siri came up with

"You need to reset the pedophile. If that doesn't work it's hardware and send it back."

I saw that and asked my co-worker if he had edited the text.

Co-worker: "No, it got sent"
Me: "Um, I think you might want to clarify that."
Co-worker; "Yeah"

So he sent a follow up test, typed this time.

"That's P I D file, not child molester"

Be careful using Siri to transcribe a text when it contains technical information.

Last week we had a customer that had problems with his robotic manipulator we sold him as part of an ultrasonic inspection system.

Our manipulators are servo motor based and they use what's known as a PID file (Proportional Integral and Derivative position loop), to store all the control parameters for the manipulator.

When we heard about the problems our customer had, the only quick fix we could think of was that someone had edited the PID file and that's the source of his problem. The only other plausible cause was a hardware issue that would require that they send the equipment back for evaluation and repair.

Our software has a feature to restore the default PID file for any given manipulator, so that's what a co-worker tried to text to our customer.

This is what he dictated to Siri to text.

"You need to reset the PID file. If that doesn't work, it's hardware and send it back"

This is what Siri came up with

"You need to reset the pedophile. If that doesn't work it's hardware and send it back."

I saw that and asked my co-worker if he had edited the text.

Co-worker: "No, it got sent"
Me: "Um, I think you might want to clarify that."
Co-worker; "Yeah"

So he sent a follow up test, typed this time.

"That's P I D file, not child molester"

I'm never touching Siri again. Whoever she is.

Cheers, BostonTim

Today is the 212th anniversary of the Burr-Hamilton duel.

Sarah got home from work today and I set youtube to play some songs for music.

i started out with Brad Paisley, "Waiting on a Woman" and of course there is a scene in it where a bride is getting married and the groom sees her for the first time and Sarah said she started to feel tears coming. Then it played "He didn't have to be" by him. And the tears came. Then came Kenny Chesney, "There goes my life" and then "Don't blink" and the final one was Tracy Lawrence, "You're going ot miss this". The faucet was on for her.

Wondering if the Windows 10 upgrade is worth doing.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Margot Robbie and Gronk: The hottest TV segment maybe ever. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ESPYS?src=hash">#ESPYS</a> <a href="https://t.co/5DV41l6CcH">pic.twitter.com/5DV41l6CcH</a></p>— Casey Baker (@CaseyBake16) <a href="https://twitter.com/CaseyBake16/status/753396974582394880">July 14, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

FYI - Free download offer ends 7/29, so time to decide one way or other. Still not sure.

Cheers

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Margot Robbie and Gronk: The hottest TV segment maybe ever. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ESPYS?src=hash">#ESPYS</a> <a href="https://t.co/5DV41l6CcH">pic.twitter.com/5DV41l6CcH</a></p>— Casey Baker (@CaseyBake16) <a href="https://twitter.com/CaseyBake16/status/753396974582394880">July 14, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'll watch later, but since it is #TBT, this pic surfaced...

rob-gronkowski-tbt-shoes.jpg

The feet are almost comical....

SSDD

Back