Randy Moss making a comeback

While you're setting back the clock, you may as well set it all the way back to 2007. I'd be on board with that. 2012? Not so much.

35 year old wideout that has been off a year and looked like he had lost a step before he left? No thanks. I thought we had one of those already.

Normally I'd be all for this but Moss is done

I don't know much much he has left in the tank either, but I reeeeeally think he'll be a lot more productive than Ochocinco was this season.

Of course, all of this is dependent on the money being right.

Maybe watching a Superbowl that he could have potentially been in made Randy nostalgic.

He'd better be willing to work cheap and be happy with whatever Brady throws to him for the Pats to even consider it.

Bring him back with an incentive contract. He's the best that ever was I'm willing to give him one last chance. It won't happen, but how could he be worse than Ocho?

The team badly needs veteran presence outside the numbers, with young whippersnappers like Branch and Chad Thingy.

Seriously, IF he still has the physical tools, why not? Defences poo themselves when he's on a go route and the deep safety on his side can't not key on him.

128966282864572877.jpg

:coffee:

I don't know much much he has left in the tank either, but I reeeeeally think he'll be a lot more productive than Ochocinco was this season.

This is what I'm saying... we have this guy who hasn't done ANYTHING this year... I dare say that Randy would have caught more than 1 friggen TD in a whole friggen year

Randy's last visit was better perhaps than even he expected. I think of it like this:

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MfakHipKO6o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cheers, BostonTim

Bring him back with an incentive contract. He's the best that ever was I'm willing to give him one last chance. It won't happen, but how could he be worse than Ocho?

Because he could be a diva and disrupt the locker room?

Isn't that why he was traded to Minny in the first place?

I'm not convinced he will be on best behavior.

True, good point.

I'de welcome him back under the right conditions.

1)He'd have to show he's in shape physically
(He'll have to show his speed is back)

2)As well as mentally
(He'de have to understandi his role will probably include stretching the field with somewhat limited catch's(2007 opportunity's are over)

3)His contract would have to be Cap friendly/Under Pats control but with a bonus structure that would/could pay him well based on performance.

He also might be the perfect guy to finally teach Chad the playbook, or even a young draft pick.

Mohamed Sanu- (I know...., this won't happen)

If you really think he's done...
Float the rumor your interested and lets the Jets scramble to overpay him.

If you weren't afraid of Bledsoe in the division,Why would Moss should scare anyone ?

If you weren't afraid of Bledsoe in the division,Why would Moss should scare anyone ?

Our secondary has "issues" shall we say, and Moss was a lot better at his position than Bledsoe was at his. TBD, how much Moss still has in the tank, though. I suspect if his head is back on straight, he'll still be a difficult match up. There's no doubt (no matter how much he denies it), he's a very sensitive guy, and he lets his emotions get the best of him at times.

Our secondary has "issues" shall we say, and Moss was a lot better at his position than Bledsoe was at his. TBD, how much Moss still has in the tank, though. I suspect if his head is back on straight, he'll still be a difficult match up. There's no doubt (no matter how much he denies it), he's a very sensitive guy, and he lets his emotions get the best of him at times.

I caught Mike and Mike this morning on my commute and they had Chris Carter on discussing Moss' return. Carter felt that NE was the ideal situation for Moss, with his familiarity with the system as well as with Brady and Belichick.

The Pats need an outside threat and will likely be moving on from Ocho and Branch. Randy has had a year to help heal up his body, and Carter said that Moss claimed to be sweating through his clothes while watching the Superbowl.

Carter also said that Moss needs to pay better attention to his nutrition as an aging athlete and has never eaten properly, and that Moss quits easier, when the going gets tough, than any elite athlete Carter had known.

Carter is half moron but I agree with him on the quit thing. It's one big reason I didn't want the guy as a Patriot to begin with.

Idk, McCourty cut his teeth and was at his best when he practiced against Moss. If there's one WR McCourty knows how to cover, it's Moss.

This is what I'm saying... we have this guy who hasn't done ANYTHING this year... I dare say that Randy would have caught more than 1 friggen TD in a whole friggen year

Chad Johnson's 2011 nearly doubled Randy Moss' production in 2010.

I didn't read this thread, but it won't happen and I don't want it to happen.

Randy wigged out and shit on the Pats and they don't, and shouldn't, trust him again nevermind the fact that his odds of his getting through a whole season now without going on IR, freaking out or quitting are about 50 to 1.

He shoulda stayed retired. Nothing good is going to happen to Moss.

Back