Scarnecchia

Great News! if Pats had an o-line that was even 2 degrees above "suck" this year we would have been in the SB. it's a miracle Brady is still in one piece.

Awesome news! This is already the Pats best off-season signing this year and FA has not even begun. lol.

This should fix stork tell with his head . We really need to get depth at Tackle . Cannon Is not the answer as a backup Tackle .

Great to have him back.

Things are going to be very different in 2016. Book it.

I totally agree with having Scar back is great stuff. However, like someone else posted "you can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit" and this is very true. In the AFCCG every OLinemen was had by someone on the Broncos DL, LB, or Secondary and Brady paid the price. After I watched that game multiple times, Vollmer, Cannon, and Flemming were totally exposed due to getting beat multiple time on the same bull rushes, spins, etc. This basically can only be fixed by OLinemen conditioning, technique, along with OL situational blocking formation adjustments.

Pats need to get rid of some of these OL who cannot do their job consistently and correctly EVERY SINGLE GAME. Also need to get some new better conditioned, stronger, faster, and better technique OLinemen who can be coached by one of the best OL coaches ever in the NFL. :)

Let's also not forget the OL was a major problem in the SB losses and Brady was sacked a ton right before Scar left.

Not blaming him, just pointing out that he's a good start but far from a savior. Hoping to see some nice personnel moves over the next few months.

I totally agree with having Scar back is great stuff. However, like someone else posted "you can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit" and this is very true. In the AFCCG every OLinemen was had by someone on the Broncos DL, LB, or Secondary and Brady paid the price. After I watched that game multiple times, Vollmer, Cannon, and Flemming were totally exposed due to getting beat multiple time on the same bull rushes, spins, etc. This basically can only be fixed by OLinemen conditioning, technique, along with OL situational blocking formation adjustments.

Pats need to get rid of some of these OL who cannot do their job consistently and correctly EVERY SINGLE GAME. Also need to get some new better conditioned, stronger, faster, and better technique OLinemen who can be coached by one of the best OL coaches ever in the NFL. :)

You could have changed the part in bold to read as follows.

In the SB every OLinemen was had by someone on the Broncos DL, LB, or Secondary and Cam paid the price

I don't recall Carolina's OL having many issues throughout the season.

So I think part of the problem that day was who they were playing.

That Denver D was just pretty damn good towards the end of the season and they deserve some of the credit for accomplishing what they did.

Now that doesn't mean our OL didn't make mistakes or couldn't have played better, simply it isn't the case that 100% of the problem was due to their play.

Scar was that one that comprised that offensive line. For the last two seasons he worked for a couple of months prior to the draft scouting for the Pats to help with their draft board for Oline-men. Shaq and Tre and Stork are his guys.

I happen to think the Oline is pretty good just young and as you say needs better coaching which they should have in spades with Scar back.

I also think there is some overreaction to the Oline woes last year. It was the one unit that was decimated by injury. Gugs in fairness was never able to have 5 guys that he could count on to play like he did in '14 when we picked his starting 5 by week 5 and we rolled to the title.

I also think we have to give that Denver front a lot of credit. They were a beast and tormented Cam as much as Brady and Carolina had a better Oline than us. Sometimes you just have to tip your cap. That does not mean improvements can't be made as there is much to be improved but I am very optimistic with the talent we have being coached up, the draft where we should hopefully add more depth and whose to say Bill does not grab someone or two in FA as well.

I totally agree with having Scar back is great stuff. However, like someone else posted "you can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit" and this is very true. In the AFCCG every OLinemen was had by someone on the Broncos DL, LB, or Secondary and Brady paid the price. After I watched that game multiple times, Vollmer, Cannon, and Flemming were totally exposed due to getting beat multiple time on the same bull rushes, spins, etc. This basically can only be fixed by OLinemen conditioning, technique, along with OL situational blocking formation adjustments. Pats need to get rid of some of these OL who cannot do their job consistently and correctly EVERY SINGLE GAME. Also need to get some new better conditioned, stronger, faster, and better technique OLinemen who can be coached by one of the best OL coaches ever in the NFL. :)
Know I agree Fleming & Cannon sucked. Let's remember panthers o-line had just as bad of problem protecting Cam. Denver had a nasty pass Rush. Now we have good starters in solder, Jackson, stork Kline & vollmer. Just needs to add better depth at tackle

I happen to think the Oline is pretty good just young and as you say needs better coaching which they should have in spades with Scar back.

Agreed.
And KC's defense was almost as good as Denver's throughout the year. Bottom line, the Pats screwed up when they blew homefield advantage.

Agreed. And KC's defense was almost as good as Denver's throughout the year. Bottom line, the Pats screwed up when they blew homefield advantage.
Got it in the right thread this time I don't think Home field advantage. Would have helped the O-line against von miller & that Denver pass rush. Denver came in with a great Defensive game plan.

Got it in the right thread this time I don't think Home field advantage. Would have helped the O-line against von miller & that Denver pass rush. Denver came in with a great Defensive game plan.

The Denver crowd was a huge factor in that game. The Denver defense knew the silent count signal that Stork was using and always seemed to be half a step ahead of the oline. At Gillette, the Pats aren't using the silent count.

I'm not saying it's a blow out for the Pats, but I think it was the difference between a win and the loss.

Also the tablet gaffe happened... :coffee:

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

This is debatable...but, it was what it was.

Back