Stephon Gilmore?

Maybe I'm a homer, but I think Butler is on his way to becoming an elite CB so I hope complement, not replacement.

We keep Butler this year unless some team makes the offer for the #1 in which case Bill takes it in a heart beat and finds a #2.

Is that $14 mil a year really true? I never thought Bill would spend that on a CB. And does this mean he thinks Gilmore is better than Butler?

I think I get more warm fuzzies from stuff like this than I do from watching the team win the superbowl. As I've mentioned previously, I'm still feeling good about the Red Sox signing Carl Crawford. Highlight of last season was the fact that the Patriots actually drafted a productive wide receiver. The only thing that would make me more excited would be if they signed a tall, fast wide receiver.

I think I get more warm fuzzies from stuff like this than I do from watching the team win the superbowl. As I've mentioned previously, I'm still feeling good about the Red Sox signing Carl Crawford. Highlight of last season was the fact that the Patriots actually drafted a productive wide receiver. The only thing that would make me more excited would be if they signed a tall, fast wide receiver.

Hogan kind of fits that from last year.

are you kidding me??? why not keep Ryan then? this is unbelievable

are you kidding me??? why not keep Ryan then? this is unbelievable

Gilmore is better than Ryan. And Butler may be gone either this season or next.

We keep Butler this year unless some team makes the offer for the #1 in which case Bill takes it in a heart beat and finds a #2.

Is that $14 mil a year really true? I never thought Bill would spend that on a CB. And does this mean he thinks Gilmore is better than Butler?
Florio was saying the 14 mill per sounds good but often a last year is added at funny money to make that average per number much higher than it is.

Or until the deal is released who knows the true value.

Pats are going to win here either way.

A.) Butler does not get signed and they get him cheap for 2017 (although a hold out is likely)

B.) Someone signs him and the Pats let him walk, hence Gilmore and a first round pick for Butler

Ryan was an enigma. Solid with a healthy dollop of WTF?

Gillmore and Butler together would be a LEGIT pair of corners, though. I guess we'll see.

Yup, would be pretty fun having them on the field together, even if for not very long.

I like the move. BB being aggressive already and making some bigger moves, like last year. Love the strategy.

I know the official numbers aren't released but if they signed him for $14M/year, then why didn't they just get Butler done instead? :shrug_n:

I know the official numbers aren't released but if they signed him for $14M/year, then why didn't they just get Butler done instead? :shrug_n:

Bill sees Gilmore as a better player.

1. BB thinks Gilmore is better (?)

2. Butler is demanding more than Gilmore and BB sees them as equals

3. BB figured if he signs Gilmore, he can get this season (and next if they tag Butler) with the 2 of them on the field and Butler would be super cheap this year. That's a season with 2 elite CBs instead of paying Butler, which would give them only 1.

4. Gilmore has pics of BB doing unsavory things to apple pie.

Back