The Dynasty

I've ALWAYS had the cringees whenever Bob has gone overboard pandering to Pats fans --- the big phoney schmuck
now we get to see the curtains pulled back

JAK: "Dad, after seeing The Dynasty, our fans are revolting!!"

JKK: "Fuk 'em, I've always seen them as revolting."

RKK.gif

Mike R. told me last week he expected the Krafts are feeling the backlash & that they might begin to walk back some of the BB bashing soon.
Here it is:

3. Analytics change: Patriots president Jonathan Kraft was part of the "Future of Football: Innovation on the Gridiron" panel at the 18th annual MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference on Friday. Of the many notable topics discussed was how the team will be evolving analytics-wise in the transition from Bill Belichick to Mayo.

"We were so lucky to have Bill the last quarter century because Bill has as good of a set of algorithms as a human being can have in their head, and we benefited from that. Bill was so good, and so much better than his competition at those things, that we didn't evolve it on the technical side," Kraft said on the panel hosted by ESPN's Michele Steele.

"Jerod worked at Optum, which is the division of United Healthcare that was bringing technology to traditional health care to try to evolve that business. I think you'll see us with Jerod, and Eliot Wolf and Matt Groh -- who are running our football operations -- start to bring more traditional analytic tools. We have them on our business side. We'll start to bring them to the football side now."

4. Kraft on Mayo: On the succession plan of Mayo taking over for Belichick, Kraft said at the conference: "For us, the football side of the building has always been about Bill. We've been blessed to be in that situation. When you transition from something like that, in any business, you have to go in a very different direction because nobody can be Bill Belichick."

Among the things Kraft noted about Mayo was his standing as a former NFL player, and how his post-playing experience in business at Optum has him "well positioned for today's NFL" to help create a new culture in New England.

Mike R. told me last week he expected the Krafts are feeling the backlash & that they might begin to walk back some of the BB bashing soon.
Here it is:

3. Analytics change: Patriots president Jonathan Kraft was part of the "Future of Football: Innovation on the Gridiron" panel at the 18th annual MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference on Friday. Of the many notable topics discussed was how the team will be evolving analytics-wise in the transition from Bill Belichick to Mayo.

"We were so lucky to have Bill the last quarter century because Bill has as good of a set of algorithms as a human being can have in their head, and we benefited from that. Bill was so good, and so much better than his competition at those things, that we didn't evolve it on the technical side," Kraft said on the panel hosted by ESPN's Michele Steele.

"Jerod worked at Optum, which is the division of United Healthcare that was bringing technology to traditional health care to try to evolve that business. I think you'll see us with Jerod, and Eliot Wolf and Matt Groh -- who are running our football operations -- start to bring more traditional analytic tools. We have them on our business side. We'll start to bring them to the football side now."

4. Kraft on Mayo: On the succession plan of Mayo taking over for Belichick, Kraft said at the conference: "For us, the football side of the building has always been about Bill. We've been blessed to be in that situation. When you transition from something like that, in any business, you have to go in a very different direction because nobody can be Bill Belichick."

Among the things Kraft noted about Mayo was his standing as a former NFL player, and how his post-playing experience in business at Optum has him "well positioned for today's NFL" to help create a new culture in New England.

Hmm. So much has been done and said out there. They are rolling it back a bit too late IMHO

It's like saying sorry simply because you got caught not because you are sorry.

Here it is:

:coffee:(this needs to be a reaction emoji too...😄)

I recall Bill talking about a paper that came out by a mathematician who did an analysis of when it is advantageous to go for it on 4th down and I believe he called the
guy up and talked to him about it. It piqued his attention and he did seem to take the risk more often from that point on.

Bill is interested in anything that can help him win football games, but that information has to be legit and not just some sloppily compiled data or data without
context. He was never going to work from some chart produced by some bro who likes football and was a math major.

I'd be willing to bet that JonBoy was really pissed when Crusty Bill whipped a Surface tablet -- supplied by one of the leagues big corporate partners -- on
the ground and refused to ever look at one again. If I'm right then I'm sure he can send a strongly worded memo to Coach Mayo reminding him to use his
Surface tablet at least once every 15 minutes to look at all the analytics that he sent along from kids at MIT who grew up playing Halo and Dungeons and
Dragons.

Maybe he can outfit the new HC with a futuristic face shield with a heads-up LED display on it to avoid any more issues with rebellious employees.

I recall Bill talking about a paper that came out by a mathematician who did an analysis of when it is advantageous to go for it on 4th down and I believe he called the
guy up and talked to him about it. It piqued his attention and he did seem to take the risk more often from that point on.

Bill is interested in anything that can help him win football games, but that information has to be legit and not just some sloppily compiled data or data without
context. He was never going to work from some chart produced by some bro who likes football and was a math major.

I'd be willing to bet that JonBoy was really pissed when Crusty Bill whipped a Surface tablet -- supplied by one of the leagues big corporate partners -- on
the ground and refused to ever look at one again. If I'm right then I'm sure he can send a strongly worded memo to Coach Mayo reminding him to use his
Surface tablet at least once every 15 minutes to look at all the analytics that he sent along from kids at MIT who grew up playing Halo and Dungeons and
Dragons.

Maybe he can outfit the new HC with a futuristic face shield with a heads-up LED display on it to avoid any more issues with rebellious employees.
The Browns have the biggest & most advanced t analytics department in the league. That should tell you all you need to know about that.

Last edited:
The Browns have the biggest & most advanced t analytics department in the league. That should tell you all you need to know about that.

You remember the end of the Super Bowl with the Seahawks where Bill looked at his tablet and it told him that he should
call a timeout in that situation, based on analytics, and we ended up losing the game?

No. None of us have to recall that, because Bill decided that Seattle seemed to be in disarray and he didn't want them to have time to get their
shit together if he called a timeout like a lot of HCs would have done. This was based on a lifetime in football, instincts and balls,
which he had in spades and not based on AI, algorithims, social media polls, a coin flip or tarot cards.

I'm not against the idea of analytics, but pencil-necked geeks like JonBoy Kraft probably think that anybody that doesn't worship
them unconditionally is endangering his brand, his future earnings and his team once he starts hiding Old Pops out in the garage because company is
coming over.

You remember the end of the Super Bowl with the Seahawks where Bill looked at his tablet and it told him that he should
call a timeout in that situation, based on analytics, and we ended up losing the game?

No. None of us have to recall that, because Bill decided that Seattle seemed to be in disarray and he didn't want them to have time to get their
shit together if he called a timeout like a lot of HCs would have done. This was based on a lifetime in football, instincts and balls,
which he had in spades and not based on AI, algorithims, social media polls, a coin flip or tarot cards.

I'm not against the idea of analytics, but pencil-necked geeks like JonBoy Kraft probably think that anybody that doesn't worship
them unconditionally is endangering his brand, his future earnings and his team once he starts hiding Old Pops out in the garage because company is
coming over.

Remember the footage after that game when they said all the assistant coaches were yeallig in Bills headset to take the timeout and Bill very calmly like he was coaching a kids football game on a Friday evening, apparently said in a calm and measured voice "Nah, we're good".

I'll always remember Bill's insanely good and always calm game management, He always took the right option, called the right timeout at the right time. It's not an easy thing to do, we see the vast bulk of other HCs in the league making consistent bad calls in games out of sheer panic. McDermott is the prime example.

There was a 3.1% chance of an interception. The analytics at that point with respect to a timeout are because of an assumed score and the hope for a rebuttal. An advantage gained on 2nd down there is the knowledge of the 3rd down play (run v pass) if you make the stop.

Use of analytics in football is smart but like anything else, needs to be combined with an understanding of the flow of the game, personnel/situation, etc. I thought Bill was ahead of the curve in making those decisions, the best of which was 4th and 2 in Indy, where he (correctly) took the 79% (IIRC) win% play by going for it. That was correct not only based on analytics but also the momentum and flow of the game.

I despise the old school coaching mentality that shits on advanced statistics.

There was a 3.1% chance of an interception. The analytics at that point with respect to a timeout are because of an assumed score and the hope for a rebuttal. An advantage gained on 2nd down there is the knowledge of the 3rd down play (run v pass) if you make the stop.

Use of analytics in football is smart but like anything else, needs to be combined with an understanding of the flow of the game, personnel/situation, etc. I thought Bill was ahead of the curve in making those decisions, the best of which was 4th and 2 in Indy, where he (correctly) took the 79% (IIRC) win% play by going for it. That was correct not only based on analytics but also the momentum and flow of the game.

I despise the old school coaching mentality that shits on advanced statistics.
He did what you're supposed to do. Use analytics, and weave them into the live-action game itself. The games aren't played on paper. Analytics say kick a field goal, but there's a 25 mph wind on the field and it's 10 degrees, maybe you do something else. That's what Belichick excelled at. 4th and 2 was absolutely the right call, I'll defend that one to my grave. That defense was toast in the 2nd half, Manning could have started that final drive on the moon and it would have been a TD.

He did what you're supposed to do. Use analytics, and weave them into the live-action game itself. The games aren't played on paper. Analytics say kick a field goal, but there's a 25 mph wind on the field and it's 10 degrees, maybe you do something else. That's what Belichick excelled at. 4th and 2 was absolutely the right call, I'll defend that one to my grave. That defense was toast in the 2nd half, Manning could have started that final drive on the moon and it would have been a TD.
They also go the first down, but it was post '07 and the NFL had started to "fix" games when it could. If it was close, it wasn't going the Pats way at least in the playoffs. Eyes, but not as many as in the SB, but even then the NFL took its shots there too.

I haven't listened to Bedard in years but I was tipped that this was spot on by him. Bedard goes out on a limb here when he criticizes his raison d'etre.

View: https://twitter.com/PatriotsCLNS/status/1765183531016217081

Also, from New England Sports Survey by Boston.com

Front office faults
While the Patriots and Belichick retained mostly high approval ratings, Robert Kraft’s approval rating plummeted. Down 30 percent from 2023, just 12 percent of those surveyed said they think Kraft did the most as an owner.

No doubt a contributing factor to Kraft’s dwindling popularity was how the Patriots handled Bill Belichick’s departure. On a write-in question that asked fans what they thought was the worst thing to happen in New England sports over the last year, “the way the Krafts handled their separation with Bill Belichick.”

In the wake of the Hernandez episode, I decided to do a deeper dive on that surreal chapter for this team. I was so upset by
the way they strongly suggested that Bill Belichick's hands were stained with blood because he refused or ignored a request by APerp to
be traded to a west coast team in a desperate bid to resist his personal demons, that I wanted to read the book that was written on the
topic to see if it contained any details or addressed that part of the story in detail.

I can't remember the exact quote from Bob Kraft on the topic but it made my mind spin with how convenient and self-serving it seemed,
but honestly.....it upset me so much at the time that I'm drawing a total blank on the verbiage he used.

Aaron Hernandez could have found the gangster life he craved no matter where he was, but.....who cares when you
can connect the dots in such a way that you can frame Bill as the villain.

Of all the stupid shit they've presented so far that has been the absolute worst and most damning claim. It is insane to me that
they went there, carefully dropping a trail of crumbs for morons everywhere to follow in an attempt to smear the name of a
decent man in order to further their false narratives.

Bill has famously been quoted, something like, in the end the only thing you take away from this game is your reputation and your name and the
Krafts seem hell bent to destroy that along with everything else he has accomplished.

Meanwhile, Bill was given an opportunity to respond to the trade request storyline, but, true to form, he refused to do a thing to make himself look
better because he was asked about a serious legal matter and he let the record stand. He should have ignored his personal credo and
gone totally scorched earth, but that is not his way. I think that was an unfortunate mistake.

In the wake of the Hernandez episode, I decided to do a deeper dive on that surreal chapter for this team. I was so upset by
the way they strongly suggested that Bill Belichick's hands were stained with blood because he refused or ignored a request by APerp to
be traded to a west coast team in a desperate bid to resist his personal demons,
that I wanted to read the book that was written on the
topic to see if it contained any details or addressed that part of the story in detail.
It's really a shame, because there are no gangs or murders on the West Coast. He would have been a model citizen.

Was there any mention of Urban Meyer in this Aperp storyline?

be traded to a west coast team in a desperate bid to resist his personal demons, that I wanted to read the book that was written on the

I can't remember the exact quote from Bob Kraft on the topic but it made my mind spin with how convenient and self-serving it seemed,
but honestly.....it upset me so much at the time that I'm drawing a total blank on the verbiage he used.

Aaron Hernandez could have found the gangster life he craved no matter where he was, but.....who cares when you
can connect the dots in such a way that you can frame Bill as the villain.

Of all the stupid shit they've presented so far that has been the absolute worst and most damning claim. It is insane to me that
they went there, carefully dropping a trail of crumbs for morons everywhere to follow in an attempt to smear the name of a
decent man in order to further their false narratives.

Bill has famously been quoted, something like, in the end the only thing you take away from this game is your reputation and your name and the
Krafts seem hell bent to destroy that along with everything else he has accomplished.

Meanwhile, Bill was given an opportunity to respond to the trade request storyline, but, true to form, he refused to do a thing to make himself look
better because he was asked about a serious legal matter and he let the record stand. He should have ignored his personal credo and
gone totally scorched earth, but that is not his way. I think that was an unfortunate mistake.
Yeah, I found that episode disgraceful. I knew from the get-go that this series was a smear job but even with that, I was still surprised the episode went where it did. Not just saying Bill wouldn't trade him but JK implying Bill was more concerned with losing a good player even if he was a murderer and then, silly things like Welker I think it was saying how Bill would indulge APerp at practice in a way he wouldn't with any other player. It was clear what the program makers were doing.

We knew what RKK was up to with this series when the pundits who have seen it all said in one of the later episodes hat Kraft happily told the story of when Giselle came to his house shouting the house down about how Belichick was "not treating her Tommy like a man". Brady said no comment about this when he was asked in the episode but Kraft happily had no such qualms and blabbed all about it. I mean why do that? A very private conversation and you blab it to the world? The only reason you say this is to smear someone added to Kraft again recounting private conversations with Bill about how Bill told him Brady was finished. Noting justifies Kraft talking like that.

Yeah, I found that episode disgraceful. I knew from the get-go that this series was a smear job but even with that, I was still surprised the episode went where it did. Not just saying Bill wouldn't trade him but JK implying Bill was more concerned with losing a good player even if he was a murderer and then, silly things like Welker I think it was saying how Bill would indulge APerp at practice in a way he wouldn't with any other player. It was clear what the program makers were doing.

We knew what RKK was up to with this series when the pundits who have seen it all said in one of the later episodes hat Kraft happily told the story of when Giselle came to his house shouting the house down about how Belichick was "not treating her Tommy like a man". Brady said no comment about this when he was asked in the episode but Kraft happily had no such qualms and blabbed all about it. I mean why do that? A very private conversation and you blab it to the world? The only reason you say this is to smear someone added to Kraft again recounting private conversations with Bill about how Bill told him Brady was finished. Noting justifies Kraft talking like that.

I am reminded that Welker once complained, after Aperp's death, about APerp threatening him for criticizing a route Aperp ran during practice 1 day. Welker left him alone after that.
True story.

Back