The Official Real Life Happens PP Member Support Thread

@AOT

I’m sure you will all make the right choice...you are in my thoughts.

~Dee~

So my buddy OP, my 12 year old doggy, evidently went sniffing this morning on his walk with wifey, got a fox tail up his nose. I am $600 poorer now. correction: $780 poorer.
Life happens.

Last edited:
Got a call Wednesday morning you don't want to get. Both biopsies from last week (Lymph node removal from under my arm and bone marrow from my hip bone) are positive for advanced Hodgkin's lymphoma. You may remember I was having bad back pain in November 22. The lymph nodes were seen then.

We met with the oncology team at 1pm today to get the treatment plan and odds. I haven't said anything to anyone except my own immediate family and my closest friend here in MI. He is now spending the evening telling our friends (they knew something was wrong but not this). Now you know why I haven't been working out the last few months as we have been testing everything. They have removed over 8 liters from my lung sacks via catheter's over 4 sessions. 2 Each per lung. Filling up again but this new prednisone prescription will halt that.

I am young (55) and otherwise in good health ("other than that Mrs. Lincoln how did you like the play?") My blood work is better than it should be given stage 4+ so that is another positive. I feel pretty good as long as I stay on the prednisone twice a day. The doctors seem to hate that. They are worried about stomach upset and I am worried about FREEZING in my chair with blankets and a temp of 104+. Actually, sometimes higher until the ice packs land on my head and the back of my neck.

Odds? That is the question. I have advanced stage 4 Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I lit up the PET Scan like a Christmas Tree from my shoulders to my hips all bones and all lymph nodes. There is a spot on my liver. The treatment plan includes 3 chemo drugs and a brand new (Approved last Saturday new) immunotherapy drug. The port goes in my chest next week and the hell fire goes in 3 days later every 14 days for 6 months. Trip to Europe with the Fam is cancelled for this summer. Shooting for the South Pacific in January. I will do all I can to live my life through this.

60-70% survival for 5 years if this cocktail works. Caught earlier (when I presented massive symptoms, different post) would take those odds to 80-95%. If this cocktail proves ineffective, we move to targeted radiation. After that bone marrow replacement.

I am gonna be ill for a while due to very aggressive treatment plan I have requested and will get.

The wife's an absolute ROCK and the kids (22,23,24) are holding up. As am I.

Prayer works and I would really appreciate it if you are so inclined. It only takes moment and He knows who you are referring to. 3 seconds is all it takes.

Nothing needs to be said here. Just pray, please.

I will post something here from time to time and will post football like usuall unless I just don't feel like it. I will be reading for sure.

Thank you.

Jimmy (Aloyouis)

Last edited:
Got a call Wednesday morning you don't want to get. Both biopsies from last week (Lymph node removal from under my arm and bone marrow from my hip bone) are positive for advanced Hodgkin's lymphoma. You may remember I was having bad back pain in November 22. The lymph nodes were seen then.

We met with the oncology team at 1pm today to get the treatment plan and odds. I haven't said anything to anyone except my own immediate family and my closest friend here in MI. He is now spending the evening telling our friends (they knew something was wrong but not this). Now you know why I haven't been working out the last few months as we have been testing everything. They have removed over 8 liters from my lung sacks via catheter's over 4 sessions. 2 Each per lung. Filling up again but this new prednisone prescription will halt that.

I am young (55) and otherwise in good health ("other than that Mrs. Lincoln how did you like the play?") My blood work is better than it should be given stage 4+ so that is another positive. I feel pretty good as long as I stay on the prednisone twice a day. The doctors seem to hate that. They are worried about stomach upset and I am worried about FREEZING in my chair with blankets and a temp of 104+. Actually, sometimes higher until the ice packs land on my head and the back of my neck.

Odds? That is the question. I have advanced stage 4 Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I lit up the PET Scan like a Christmas Tree from my shoulders to my hips all bones and all lymph nodes. There is a spot on my liver. The treatment plan includes 3 chemo drugs and a brand new (Approved last Saturday new) immunotherapy drug. The port goes in my chest next week and the hell fire goes in 3 days later every 14 days for 6 months. Trip to Europe with the Fam is cancelled for this summer. Shooting for the South Pacific in January. I will do all I can to live my live through this.

60-70% survival for 5 years if this cocktail works. Caught earlier (when I presented massive symptoms, different post) would take those odds to 80-95%. If this cocktail proves ineffective, we move to targeted radiation. After that bone marrow replacement.

I am gonna be ill for a while due to very aggressive treatment plan I have requested and will get.

Prayer works and I would really appreciate it if you are so inclined. It only takes moment and He knows who you are referring to. 3 seconds is all it takes.

I will post something here from time to time and will post football like usuall unless I just don't feel like it. I will be reading for sure.

Thank you.

Jimmy (Aloyouis)
Holy crap Jimmy… I have no words… Well I do have a few. You will beat this. I will pray for you my friend. Peace Kevin

Odds? That is the question. I have advanced stage 4 Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I lit up the PET Scan like a Christmas Tree from my shoulders to my hips all bones and all lymph nodes. There is a spot on my liver. The treatment plan includes 3 chemo drugs and a brand new (Approved last Saturday new) immunotherapy drug. The port goes in my chest next week and the hell fire goes in 3 days later every 14 days for 6 months. Trip to Europe with the Fam is cancelled for this summer. Shooting for the South Pacific in January. I will do all I can to live my live through this.

Thank you.

Jimmy (Aloyouis)
First off: Great fucking "Mrs. Lincoln" reference - I love that one

Secondly: You'll be in my constant thoughts. Look forward to celebrating with you, specifically, after the Pats snag their 7th Lombardi. Take care - Steve

First off: Great fucking "Mrs. Lincoln" reference - I love that one

Secondly: You'll be in my constant thoughts. Look forward to celebrating with you, specifically, after the Pats snag their 7th Lombardi. Take care - Steve
Thanks Steve. The timing works: Chemo ends and Mac hits JuJu in the back of the end zone.

I am in!

I will have to come home for the parade!

Last edited:

Thank you.

Jimmy (Aloyouis)
I'm so sorry to hear this and yes you do have my prayers. Also, my thoughts to your family, it has to be tough on them.
Sometime getting bad news, we tend to focus on ourselves. I found that my wife and daughter were even more concerned than I was.
From reading your previous postings, you seem to be close to your family. They will give you strength if you let them, and you will give them strength by showing strength.

I really hope that even with all the drugs, you will feel good enough to occasionally get out on the golf course. Just being out there helps your attitude and lifts your spirit, even if it's just a few holes.

I'm so sorry to hear this and yes you do have my prayers. Also, my thoughts to your family, it has to be tough on them.
Sometime getting bad news, we tend to focus on ourselves. I found that my wife and daughter were even more concerned than I was.
From reading your previous postings, you seem to be close to your family. They will give you strength if you let them, and you will give them strength by showing strength.

I really hope that even with all the drugs, you will feel good enough to occasionally get out on the golf course. Just being out there helps your attitude and lifts your spirit, even if it's just a few holes.

I am blessed with a great family and group of close friends. I told my wife this kinda makes sense because I have been on such a great 30 year run (since she and I met) that was it going to even out someday. It's life. I laughed; she didn't. The kids are at pivotal times with careers and dental school starting and they have been trying really hard to be as mature and supportive as they can be. I can tell. It means so much.

Golf? Chemo port goes in next Friday morning. I am playing the Saturday after with my friends and their sons in our annual father's day weekend scramble. The boys beat us last year for the first time and it still smarts. We plan to be old and treacherous. And to win.

Last edited:

Odds? That is the question. I have advanced stage 4 Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I lit up the PET Scan like a Christmas Tree from my shoulders to my hips all bones and all lymph nodes. There is a spot on my liver. The treatment plan includes 3 chemo drugs and a brand new (Approved last Saturday new) immunotherapy drug. The port goes in my chest next week and the hell fire goes in 3 days later every 14 days for 6 months. Trip to Europe with the Fam is cancelled for this summer. Shooting for the South Pacific in January. I will do all I can to live my life through this.

Thank you.

Jimmy (Aloyouis)
I’m so sorry, Jimmy. I always have trouble expressing myself in this thread. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and I truly wish you the very best.

Aloyouis that's a real challenge, and I am sorry you have to deal with this. I can tell by reading your post your attitude is already where it needs to be. I am sure you will come through this stronger and healthier. Now, go fight this fucking disease and beat the hell out of it.

Thank you.

Jimmy (Aloyouis)
I'm completely at a loss as to what to say. You definitely have the right mindset and supporting cast behind you. I'm sorry that your European trip will be delayed. I'll try to leave everything standing while I'm over there in a couple weeks so there will be things for you to see when you make it over there after kicking this shit's ass. Best wishes. You've got this. 🤘

Thank you.

Jimmy (Aloyouis)
Jimmy,
You have all the tools in the kit to win this battle. Physically strong, strong family support system & I know you are a straight up winner & ass kicker. You are going to be a living success story. I believe that in my heart. I’ll be thinking of you daily. Count on it.

I am blessed with a great family and group of close friends. I told my wife this kinda makes sense because I have been on such a great 30 year run (since she and I met) that was it going to even out someday. It's life. I laughed; she didn't. The kids are at pivotal times with careers and dental school starting and they have been trying really hard to be as mature and supportive as they can be. I can tell. It means so much.

Golf? Chemo port goes in next Friday morning. I am playing the Saturday after with my friends and their sons in our annual father's day weekend scramble. The boys beat us last year for the first time and it still smarts. We plan to be old and treacherous. And to win.
The bright side is that you don't have Matty P calling your treatment plan
. :lol:

Back