The Official Real Life Happens PP Member Support Thread

@Patriots-Lifer
i am sorry to read this. i hope you have been able to do what your title here says:live the life you've dreamed. glad you are able to be with the people important to you. i hope everything goes peacefully and you are in no pain. it's been nice having you here. hugs.
All I can say is I am really sorry and I admire the peace you have found. I hope your family finds comfort in your memory. Farewell.

My apologies to all for giving news of this type so close to Christmas.
My Doctors have told me I have reached the end stage of my mutable issues
Kidneys have shut down, liver is failing. Heart is down to only 10% My Family has gathered and I am at peace with all of this. I had thought the CTE would get me first thankfully that does not seem to be the case. I have loved being on the planet with at least 99% of you. I don't know if this will be my last post But I ask that you all be blessed by what ever you pray to. If this is my last my son will let you all know when I have passed. Thank you all for the many years of enjoyment.

“May the Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.”

You're in my prayers.

Kidneys have shut down, liver is failing. Heart is down to only 10% My Family has gathered and I am at peace with all of this. I had thought the CTE would get me first thankfully that does not seem to be the case. I have loved being on the planet with at least 99% of you. I don't know if this will be my last post But I ask that you all be blessed by what ever you pray to. If this is my last my son will let you all know when I have passed. Thank you all for the many years of enjoyment.
I'm so sorry, PL. I am certainly praying for a miracle. Paradise will be waiting for you at the right moment. Thinking of you and your family.

You are amongst the bravest! It has been to my benefit and a pleasure to know you on here. Thank you. God bless you and your family!

Jim

Last edited:
I’m so very sorry. Like others, I’m at a loss for words. It’s been a pleasure knowing you on this board. You and your family are in my thoughts.

it has been my pleasure reading your postings on these pages for lo these many years

while your recent journey has been a difficult one, Godspeed and Blessings to you P-L

@Patriots-Lifer
i am sorry to read this. i hope you have been able to do what your title here says:live the life you've dreamed. glad you are able to be with the people important to you. i hope everything goes peacefully and you are in no pain. it's been nice having you here. hugs.
@Patriots-Lifer

I have to borrow this from you H. I'm stuck otherwise. Thank you PatriotsLifer for this sad and beautiful post.

With profound sadness, BostonTim

Last edited:
I'm not a wordsmith like some here to I found a poem for our friend.

The Journey of My Life​

It was beautiful as long as it lasted, the journey of my life.
I have no regrets whatsoever
save the pain I’ll leave behind.
Those dear hearts who love and care …
and the strings pulling at the heart and soul …
The strong arms that held me up
when my own strength let me down.
At every turning of my life I came across good friends,
friends who stood by me
even when time raced by me.
Farewell, farewell my friend.
I smile and bid you goodbye.
No, shed no tears for I need them not.
All I need is your smile.
If you feel sad do think of me for that’s what I’ll like.
When you live in the hearts of those you love
remember then, you never die.

What an incredibly heavy day. My thoughts are with @Patriots-Lifer and his family. ❤️

Today is exactly one year to the day that we lost our oldest son in that horrible accident. I took the day off of work so my wife and I could spend the day together. We spent most of the day doing some Christmas shopping for a local family in need. We set up a grant in our son',s name to help local students who might need financial help with various things. This was the first time that we got to put it to work so it felt good to just go out and do a little good today in his name.

Last edited:
What an incredibly heavy day. My thoughts are with @Patriots-Lifer and his family. ❤️

Today is exactly one year to the day that we lost our oldest son in that horrible accident. I took the day off of work so my wife and I could spend the day together. We spent most of the day doing some Christmas shopping for a local family in need. We set up a grant in our son',s name to help local students who might need financial help with various things. This was the first time that we got to put it to work so it felt good to just go out and do a little good today in his name.

Glad you were able to take the day off and do something in his memory.

How is your other son? How is his (gaming) hand?

Glad you were able to take the day off and do something in his memory.

How is your other son? How is his (gaming) hand?
He's doing well physically. He gave basketball a go this year but that didn't last long before he decided that he was too far behind. It definitely hasn't hindered his video game skills at all though. He's still hard to read with the mental aspect. He's a lot like me and tends to hold things in a lot.

I can't believe it's been a year... I shared your story with my wife just this past week. I just want you to know you are never far from my thoughts as I have two boys. I truly appreciate all you have shared here and I hope you are all managing as best you can. Wishing you a happy holidays!

-Steve

I'm very sorry to read this. You will be missed. I don't really know what else to say. 🙏🙏🙏

Hi all, My name is Sean I am the oldest son of the man you knew as Patriots-Lifer.
He left us 4 days ago. Per his wishes there was no funeral he was cremated and is now with his beloved wife their ashes will be set on the wind from the plane he liked to fly for many years.
His name was Patrick Driscoll. He loved the Patriots and went to his first game at Fenway Park. He often talked of some of you almost always kindly.
Over his last week I would come on the site and read some of the things you had left for him it made him smile
He left a letter that I will post here. I will leave this open if it is alright so I can tell the rest of the family about you.

December 22, 2023

For my friends at Patriots Planet.

If you are reading this then my time here has come to an end.

Grieve not for me as I have lived a rich and full life. My wife and I had 41 wonderful years together before she passed a few years ago. I was lucky to find someone who shared in my dreams. We have raised 5 children 3 boys and 2 girls now all grown with families of their own and spread out over the globe. I lived to see 9 grandchildren who I hope will remember me. I left each of the family’s video letters that include many of my stories of events and adventures I had. I have set foot on every continent I helped build medical facilities and shelters all over the world sometimes under fire and sometimes after disasters.

My oldest who will be posting this for you all Is a kind man who when I wanted to offer people a chance to send memorials, he suggested World Central Kitchen. I agree they are a worthy cause. I started visiting the planet I think in 2004 and became a member in 2007 I have loved so many of the discussions out side of politics. UT and RG I owe you much for keeping this place running and reasonable. Muse you are a treasure. Pig well you are the pig and I love you all for being who you are. I can not name you all for it would take far too many pages. But know each of you have had an impact on my life and I am thankful for it. Please remember to show some kindness to others. You don’t have to agree with them but try to be kind. Farewell my friends I hope to see you all again someday.

Patriots-Lifer

P.J.D.

Hi all, My name is Sean I am the oldest son of the man you knew as Patriots-Lifer.
He left us 4 days ago. Per his wishes there was no funeral he was cremated and is now with his beloved wife their ashes will be set on the wind from the plane he liked to fly for many years.
His name was Patrick Driscoll. He loved the Patriots and went to his first game at Fenway Park. He often talked of some of you almost always kindly.
Over his last week I would come on the site and read some of the things you had left for him it made him smile
He left a letter that I will post here. I will leave this open if it is alright so I can tell the rest of the family about you.

December 22, 2023

For my friends at Patriots Planet.

If you are reading this then my time here has come to an end.

Grieve not for me as I have lived a rich and full life. My wife and I had 41 wonderful years together before she passed a few years ago. I was lucky to find someone who shared in my dreams. We have raised 5 children 3 boys and 2 girls now all grown with families of their own and spread out over the globe. I lived to see 9 grandchildren who I hope will remember me. I left each of the family’s video letters that include many of my stories of events and adventures I had. I have set foot on every continent I helped build medical facilities and shelters all over the world sometimes under fire and sometimes after disasters.

My oldest who will be posting this for you all Is a kind man who when I wanted to offer people a chance to send memorials, he suggested World Central Kitchen. I agree they are a worthy cause. I started visiting the planet I think in 2004 and became a member in 2007 I have loved so many of the discussions out side of politics. UT and RG I owe you much for keeping this place running and reasonable. Muse you are a treasure. Pig well you are the pig and I love you all for being who you are. I can not name you all for it would take far too many pages. But know each of you have had an impact on my life and I am thankful for it. Please remember to show some kindness to others. You don’t have to agree with them but try to be kind. Farewell my friends I hope to see you all again someday.

Patriots-Lifer

P.J.D.
Thank you for sharing this. Please accept my deepest condolences for your loss.

Back