***The Officially Official Training Camp 2013 Thread (Officially)***

I didn't catch the LeQuan Lewis signing.

Anyone know anything on this guy?

Well this is his 3rd year in the league, did not see much action, 5 tackles and a pick. Undrafted out of college...this is his 6th team that has signed him....meh...

I am liking what I am reading about Thomkins. Hopefully the secondary tightens up more.

Derek Havens ‏<s>@</s>PatriotsHaven <small class="time"> 5m </small> Had another strong practice today. RT <s>@</s>MikeReiss: Emergence of WR Kenbrell Thompkins remains one of top storylines of Patriots training camp

I've been calling Thompkins from when he first signed so I'm not surprised. I had Harrison ranked just ahead of Thompkins so don't sleep on him.

14. Harrison - NFL comp. Brandon Marshall

15. Thompkins - Roddy White

19. Dobson - Muhsin Muhammed
24. Boyce - Tim Brown

is how I ranked them for the Pats. I really think the Pats have finally hit on all 4 WRs in a single draft bc of what they're doing on the field.

:thumb:

Repetition =/ Accuracy. :coffee:

It's like Chevss with Matt Harrison, who is apparently Jerry Rice, even though he's never on the field. Meh. Show me.

I try not to get too caught up with guys being awesome "in theory" before they've done it on the field. That's just me though. See Snuffy.

It's like Chevss with Matt Harrison, who is apparently Jerry Rice, even though he's never on the field. Meh. Show me.

I try not to get too caught up with guys being awesome "in theory" before they've done it on the field. That's just me though. See Snuffy.

Armstead at least dominated in the CFL, so he's proven more than most rookies. He also fills an enormous hole on the roster right now, so the team is clearly counting on something from him in 2013.

Armstead at least dominated in the CFL, so he's proven more than most rookies. He also fills an enormous hole on the roster right now, so the team is clearly counting on something from him in 2013.

You are super-right on that, and as one of the 12 people in the world who actually watch CFL games when they can; he really did dominate at that level. Granted, most O-Linemen in the CFL are used to fill the Canadian-Only Player quota; but still, he was pretty awesome at that level.

Fact remains, he can't get on the practice field.

I personally still think Ras-I has a ton of talent from what I saw of him in college, and he's now a running punchline here at PP. Why? Can't stay on the field.

So Meh until he shows me. Feel free to start an Appreciation Thread if you like :coffee:

You are super-right on that, and as one of the 12 people in the world who actually watch CFL games when they can; he really did dominate at that level. Granted, most O-Linemen in the CFL are used to fill the Canadian-Only Player quota; but still, he was pretty awesome at that level.

Fact remains, he can't get on the practice field.

I personally still think Ras-I has a ton of talent from what I saw of him in college, and he's now a running punchline here at PP. Why? Can't stay on the field.

So Meh until he shows me. Feel free to start an Appreciation Thread if you like :coffee:

Little quick on the draw, aren't we? Missing the first two weeks of one camp hardly puts him in the Crable/Ras-I category.

I didn't put the work in with Snuffy I have with these guys but I do think you'll see plenty of Snuffy this year. I estimate I watched close to 100 hrs of film cut ups & games for the top 25 WRs in the 2013 draft. Be skeptical all you want, I don't blame you a bit. WR is a very difficult position to translate from college to the pros bc the games are so different. But I did my homework and I'm pretty confident in the process I used wh/ was posted in the WR thread prior to the draft.

Consider this: 4 of the 5 rookie WRs (including Ashford) the Pats signed this year passed at least 4 of the 5 Combine requirements I presented as being necessary for BB. Only Dobson didn't and he fulfilled 3 of the 5 wh/ is why he was ranked lower. The others who passed at least 4 had some major flaw (Patterson is stupid, Hunter is stupid, Swope had multiple concussions, etc) except for Robert Woods who was selected prior to Dobson. Fwiw, Emmanuel Sanders fulfilled all 5 requirements wh/ was pointed out by Defsoul. TJ Moe who is on IR is projected as a slot receiver wh/ requires a diff rating system but his numbers beat WW.

The one thing BB changed in drafting/signing WRs this year is he demanded a smarter player. Whether that's BB, McD or Daboll, who knows & it really doesn't matter. All these guys are smart and Dobson is likely the smartest of them all. I like these players and their success isn't a surprise to me at all.

I didn't put the work in with Snuffy I have with these guys but I do think you'll see plenty of Snuffy this year. I estimate I watched close to 100 hrs of film cut ups & games for the top 25 WRs in the 2013 draft. Be skeptical all you want, I don't blame you a bit. WR is a very difficult position to translate from college to the pros bc the games are so different. But I did my homework and I'm pretty confident in the process I used wh/ was posted in the WR thread prior to the draft.

Consider this: 4 of the 5 rookie WRs (including Ashford) the Pats signed this year passed at least 4 of the 5 Combine requirements I presented as being necessary for BB. Only Dobson didn't and he fulfilled 3 of the 5 wh/ is why he was ranked lower. The others who passed at least 4 had some major flaw (Patterson is stupid, Hunter is stupid, Swope had multiple concussions, etc) except for Robert Woods who was selected prior to Dobson. Fwiw, Emmanuel Sanders fulfilled all 5 requirements wh/ was pointed out by Defsoul. TJ Moe who is on IR is projected as a slot receiver wh/ requires a diff rating system but his numbers beat WW.

The one thing BB changed in drafting/signing WRs this year is he demanded a smarter player. Whether that's BB, McD or Daboll, who knows & it really doesn't matter. All these guys are smart and Dobson is likely the smartest of them all. I like these players and their success isn't a surprise to me at all.

Preach Chev!

Your work is one of the utmost highlights of this board and so far WRT these WR prospects you've been dead nuts on.

Might as well start the same process for DBs and fatties for next year! Lol

It's all well and good, chevss. I'm just saying, I'd like to see him on the field before I start the bust.

Preach Chev!

Your work is one of the utmost highlights of this board and so far WRT these WR prospects you've been dead nuts on.

Might as well start the same process for DBs and fatties for next year! Lol

Thank you, Schrutes.

I did think it was interesting that Dobson was the first WR selected. The Pats wanted either a long high pointing boundary guy first or they decided to put intelligence ahead of athletic measurables. Personally, I think they wanted a tall guy outside first no matter what and Dobson was the smartest tall guy in the draft who came close to BB's required athleticism.

With the other signees, BB has collected tough/quicktwitch/hands catchers who will fight like hell for the ball. Also, I think Mark Harrison was signed expressly for IR after the Bears cut him. I hope so anyway.

Little quick on the draw, aren't we? Missing the first two weeks of one camp hardly puts him in the Crable/Ras-I category.
ROFL

Yeah, he'd need to at least be out for a couple years to get in the legendary category those two are in.

I'll admit, it's a surprise to me, and a happy one (at least so far).

:)

It's all well and good, chevss. I'm just saying, I'd like to see him on the field before I start the bust.

Fair enough. But if you're going to draft them you have to have some way of assessing their talent and ability. That's what I've done and I'm very happy with my conclusions. How far they go individually is completely up to them now.

Back