The Wells Report

Ssshhhh....

We all know that softer balls are much harder to catch than rock hard ones. Don't we? I'm sure we probably know that.
Trying to remember, i know a QB in a league with a team that used a flat ball (middleboro colts many years ago) and i could one hand everything he tossed at me when we played catch. A cannon of an arm. But of course in my youth i could catch anything i touched.

Back on point, it it took about 10 passes to learn to adjust to the soft ball and be completely comfortable pawing that thing out of the air

From what I just read Brady wouldn't even let them have printouts of his text messages. So If he does take legal action then his text messages can be subpoenaed, and we will get to see!

From what I just read Brady wouldn't even let them have printouts of his text messages. So If he does take legal action then his text messages can be subpoenaed, and we will get to see!

OMIGOD! I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT! I HOPE SOMEONE TELLS BRADY'S LEGAL TEAM!~!!!

:coffee:

Chuck, meet Lisa.

Oh, they won't get his phone. They will have to file a Request For Production, it will have to be VERRRY specific, narrow in scope, and Brady's counsel will be able to redact whatever they want.

Kessler will also be able to deem anything "Confidential-For Attorneys Eyes Only" and if ANYTHING gets leaked, sanctions will attach to the league and its counsel. And that will be significant.

This is gonna be great.

Mike Florio. Upon further review, Mortensen, the officials and the NFL f*ucked this up from the start.

5. The game officials and league executives didn’t know about the application of the Ideal Gas Law.
The Wells report explains that, after the Colts made another complaint based on the perceived reduction in air pressure in the football intercepted by linebacker D’Qwell Jackson in the second quarter, two alternate officials (Clete Blakeman and Dyrol Prioleau) tested the pressure in the footballs, with league officials Alberto Riveron and Troy Vincent present. The 11 Patriots footballs were each below the 12.5 PSI minimum; the four Colts footballs tested by the officials were in the vicinity of 12.5 PSI. (It’s unclear whether the men conducting the testing or observing it realized that the Colts’ footballs had a higher initial inflation amount of 13.0 to 13.1 PSI.)
Based on the explanation on Tuesday’s PFT Live from long-time game official and supervisor of officials Jim Daopoulos that officials generally weren’t aware that air pressure shrinks during cold-weather games, the visceral reaction at that moment by the folks in the room quite likely may have been that the Patriots had been caught in the act.
6. The NFL initially made the numbers seems worse than they actually were.
Fueled by PSI measurements that seem low to someone who doesn’t instantly realize that air pressure drops significantly during prolonged exposure to cold temperatures, the league promptly launched an investigation. But NFL executive V.P. Dave Gardi inexplicably told the Patriots in the initial letter explaining the investigation that one of the balls was determined to have a pressure of only 10.1 PSI, even though one of the footballs had a pressure that low.
Then, someone from the league (it surely wasn’t someone from the Patriots) leaked to ESPN’s Chris Mortensen that 10 of the 12 balls were a full two pounds below the 12.5 PSI minimum. The measurements reveal that this information was false.
The false information leaked to Mortensen gave the story more traction and a higher degree of significance. It also placed the Patriots on the defensive without the Patriots knowing the specific PSI measurements against which they were defending. If true and accurate information had been leaked to the media or given to the Patriots, coach Bill Belichick’s notorious Mona Lisa Vito press conference would have been far more persuasive, because the data from one of the two significantly conflicting gauges used to determine the air pressure generated measurements in line with the expected loss in pressure during 90 minutes in the elements of a January day in Foxboro.
Think of how different the narrative would have been if, in the early days of the scandal, the prevailing information from one of the largest sports-media outlets in America had been not that 10 of the 12 balls were two pounds under the minimum but that all 12 balls (including the one that had been intercepted by Jackson) tested within the range consistent with the application of the Ideal Gas Law.
Also, think of how different the narrative would have been if, in the early days of the scandal, the league had acknowledged that the officials used two different gauges with dramatically different readings generated.
It’s impossible to know exactly what happened within the confines of the Ted Wells ensuing investigation without having access to the raw transcripts of interviews and the full range of text messages. For now, though, it’s clear that this investigation proceeded aggressively despite a history of less-than-zealous attention to air pressure, an apparent lack of immediate understanding regarding the Ideal Gas Law, and a non-accidental attempt to make the tampering seem more obvious than the facts suggest it was. And that makes it hard not to wonder what other flaws may be lurking within the 243-page report and the underlying evidence on which it was based.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/13/a-theory-on-how-deflategate-initially-unfolded/

Amen, Mr.Florio. :toast:

I'd like to hear the grounds for this subpoena myself.

Me too. The IGL debunks the theory of football tampering when using the gauged air pressure data properly (thanks, dee!), therefore Brady's texts are superfluous.

I'm excited to see how Kessler's case handles the disparate methods used by the NFL when dealing with ball mishandling, as in the Vikings-Panthers game. Why wasn't NE told of the Colts concerns about the footballs? Why did kensil, Grigson, and the officials allow the game to begin with supposed illegal footballs? How did the Colts emerge unscathed, though their footballs were below regulation pressure, too? Why did the Colts say their suspicions arose after D'Qwell Jackson's INT?

This gonna be goooood!

#Hardball

After Well's whine fest yesterday Gee should file a complaint with the New York bar.

The evidence in the published report does not support the conclusion which makes a reasonable reader question the purported independence of the investigator.

#Hardball

After Well's whine fest yesterday Gee should file a complaint with the New York bar.

The evidence in the published report does not support the conclusion which makes a reasonable reader question the purported independence of the investigator.

the reports is open to the reader to decide, NFLN is full of blowhards climbing over each other to claim guilt based only on the report. Typically they are non-athletes who never lived in a locker room and shared in the asshattery that takes place.

Obviously Guys like Baldy and others are being kept in a different area for fear they will bitch slap the smug ass smirks off the faces of the feces reporting

You know, I havent given you guys shit about this. I haven't said all your achievements are tainted or that your dirty cheating cheaters or really anything negative about the Patriots despite being given cause daily here by angry people projecting their anger.

So quite frankly Dwight, you can go **** yourself with this. Being mad doesn't give you cause to be an asshole.

Having lived through Spygate here, I was afraid when all this broke that history would just repeat itself and that eventually a place I've spent a lot of time and made what I thought were friends would eventually become intolerable.

It seems I was right. The last word is all yours. But I won't be around to read it. Good luck storming the castle.

First I want to apologize to the board.

I used the term "our" in speaking for the entire board and I had no business in speaking for anyone other than myself. I am pissed at this charade and mockery the league has yet again imposed on this organization.

Second, I gave you praise in my first 2 responses. I don't have any desire to rid the forum of you. To the contrary. I think you bring a wise and well spoken element to the board. Albeit from a filthy cornfield.

The only point I was making was the fact I was pissed, and I know many others were as well, and attempts at any justification for this farce of a ruling would be met with most likely a more heated tone. But hey, heated discussion can be had as well. So long as nobody gets butt hurt or pouty.

If you choose to leave its your choice. That was never my desire or intent. I don't think the place will be better for it, but I can't stop you either.

the reports is open to the reader to decide, NFLN is full of blowhards climbing over each other to claim guilt based only on the report. Typically they are non-athletes who never lived in a locker room and shared in the asshattery that takes place.

Obviously Guys like Baldy and others are being kept in a different area for fear they will bitch slap the smug ass smirks off the faces of the feces reporting

While thats true partially, the text messages are left to interruption of the reader absolutely. As Well's assistant said yesterday science doesn't lie. In this case the science in the report is fairly sound. But even Exponent states in the report that they can't be sure which gauge was used by Anderson. Someone has the footnote in their signature, I want to say Joe, but I could be wrong. And therein lies the problem. They could have figured it out they're freakin engineers FFS. They deliberately choose not to. Hence the footnote to basically cover their collective a$$. They know it's junk data in junk data out. But even with that, the science proves there's a 50% chance that nothing happened according to Exponent own findings. Wells made assumptions in the report that can't be backed up by the findings included in his own report.

~Dee~

While thats true partially, the text messages are left to interruption of the reader absolutely. As Well's assistant said yesterday science doesn't lie. In this case the science in the report is fairly sound. But even Exponent states in the report that they can't be sure which gauge was used by Anderson. Someone has the footnote in their signature, I want to say Joe, but I could be wrong. And therein lies the problem. They could have figured it out they're freakin engineers FFS. They deliberately choose not to. Hence the footnote to basically cover their collective a$$. They know it's junk data in junk data out. But even with that, the science proves there's a 50% chance that nothing happened according to Exponent own findings. Wells made assumptions in the report that can't be backed up by the findings included in his own report.

~Dee~

And yet, with all that being said, if this were a court of law, Wells would check the box that says all his "evidence" "proves" his conclusion

Back