Week 4 Games Thread

I've been saying it forever but it has to be obvious since the new CBA, it's a coaches' league and reducing practice time, all these silly rule changes, etc. all PROVE THAT.

I agree with everyone else about the stink bomb that was week 4.

WTF is happening in Houston? They've looked real bad from the first play of the season.

I've been saying it forever but it has to be obvious since the new CBA, it's a coaches' league and reducing practice time, all these silly rule changes, etc. all PROVE THAT.

Yeah, this last CBA was atrocious for the game. Between the reduced practices which has caused more injuries and lousy play and giving Goodell complete power, it has been a crap fest for four years. You add to that all the stupid rules and you have putrid football. Look at tonight's game - Seattle vs Detroit. It will probably be 21-0 Seattle at the end of the first quarter or worse, Seattle will win in a snooze fest like GB did yesterday 17-3 where they play like garbage but the other team IS garbage so they win by two scores.

Seattle's O-line is woeful at the moment and tonight without Beastmode, I think we'll find out what they're really about.
If the Lions are even close to close, it's bad news for Seattle, since, you know, the Lions are the Lions.

Their RB Gurley kicked some serious butt. 146 yards on 19 carries!

He did. He should have a nice career if he stays healthy.

Another back that is impressive is Devonta Freeman in Atlanta. Not nearly as big as Gurley, but he is really running hard and hits the hole fast.

Oh, and in the unbelievable stat category....Stafford has never won a roadgame against an opponent that ended the season with a winning record.... How is that possible? This is his 7th season!

SSDD

Wow.

Seattle should have been flagged for batting the ball thru the end zone.

Detroit ball at spot of last possession. Seattle penalty half the distance to the goal.

How the hell do these officials not know the rules?

What an embarrassment.

^^^^
I was screaming at the tv when they were talking on espn about how no defensive player would know that rule "ASK BB'S PLAYERS...I BET THEY KNOW.."

Can't see why that nick name shouldn't stick like crazy glue around here.:clap::toast:

I don't know who invented it, but this is a great name.

d38038b6ba86f00dc788bfe77c662bd43a1ad44d636adb1dd711dd27667cac53.jpg

For what it's worth, the NFL Dean of Officiating has admitted that the refs blew that "batted ball" call.

Blandino said the reason the flag wasn't thrown was because in the judgement of the back judge, he didn't think the bat was a "overt act" although Blandino said on replay it did look like a bat. That aspect of the play is not reviewable.
How appropriate that the "back" judge would make such a CYA statement. I mean, FFS, Wright celebrates the fact that he knocked the ball out of the back of the end zone within milliseconds of making the play. How does any casual observer, let alone a paid official, conclude that there was no overt intent?

Personally, I think the back judge didn't know the rule until after tonight's game. :insane:

Link

Edit: At least one Lion fan blames the Patriots. :jester:

St. Louis fans have to be pissed at seeing their team play lights out 1 week only to suck the next week. How can a team beat Seattle but lose to Washington and then play poorly & lose vs the Stealers only to come back and beat AZ?

The answer is easy when you realize the Rams coach is Jeff Fisher.

I've already said this... :coffee:

The Rams are a legit team with a competent coach. Very talented roster here.

Wow.

Seattle should have been flagged for batting the ball thru the end zone.

Detroit ball at spot of last possession. Seattle penalty half the distance to the goal.

That blown call is all they're talking about on NFL Network. The round table discussion includes Willie Mc and Baldinger along with 2 others. Those 3 are saying why not make every game changing call, including judgement calls, reviewable in the last 2 minutes. Willie is shaking his head and finally says something to the effect "stop blaming the refs. Win it on the field" in classic BB fashion. Yet the rule is clear. Lions ball--> blown by the refs.

It was a great play by Kam Chancellor to punch the ball out.

Did Wright bat it? Yes. Looked that way to me. Did he mean to? ditto and he batted it right out of bounds therefore it was intentional.

Lions got screwed. pfl

What I learned from this game: Petey's team isn't the same this year on defense or offense. Their OL can't protect RWilson. 10 wins is what I see for them and they get ousted by GB or Atlanta in the playoffs unless they regain their fire from the last 2 years.

Back