What food is best served as leftovers?

Love Chicago style. Love New York style too. Again, almost like different foods and can not really be compared directly.

I've actually made a pizza, and put it into the fridge for a few hours before eating it....

I like how the cheese firms up- And there's something about it for Breakfast.. Something magical- With Ice cold milk

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

Lasagna, pizza, meatloaf, burritos, pasta, enchiladas, hamburgers, chili, casseroles, many soups, potato salad, pies, brownies...

Guys..He said food, not foods...And the best

Pick one godammit

I've actually made a pizza, and put it into the fridge for a few hours before eating it....

I like how the cheese firms up- And there's something about it for Breakfast.. Something magical- With Ice cold milk

You had me up to the "milk" part. Then I nearly barfed.

Pizza and milk...just no.

I like eggplant parmesan or lasagna reheated. Some other Italian dishes, like penne, doesn't reheat really well.

Pizza probably is the best re-heated - as long as you don't do it in the microwave.

Oddly, Thanksgiving dinner is always good re-heated - even the green bean casserole!

Try frying it. Pasta and sauce is really good fried with a bit of butter.

~Dee~

You had me up to the "milk" part. Then I nearly barfed.

Pizza and milk...just no.

Oh Hi, Angel Heart

lol- You know I knew that, I was reluctant to post it, and I was actually going to qualify it with "not to make anyone sick, but" before posting it.

BTW-If we were married, I probably wouldn't do that in front of you- FYI

As people said, Pizza, soup/stews, Chinese, Pasta and sauce.

but what left over is easiest to create a new meal out of? Chicken I believe.

I don't want to get into a big fight or anything, but I have to respectfully disagree with the Pasta and Sauce- Pasta gets hard and dry in the fridge- Its gotta be freshly cooked man! What are you thinking?

Love Chicago style. Love New York style too.

If you're ever in Maryland for any reason, you have to go to Ledos. They're all over the state. Can't really describe the style, it's different...but it absolutely kicks ass.

Chicken and turkey, definitely.
We make several different meals out of the leftover Christmas turkey.
We make a great white turkey chili. Perfect for a cold winter day. It's a staple at our January tailgates.
We make a couple of turkey pot pies and put one in the freezer for later in the winter.
And you can make a great soup out either chicken or turkey.

I don't want to get into a big fight or anything, but I have to respectfully disagree with the Pasta and Sauce- Pasta gets hard and dry in the fridge- Its gotta be freshly cooked man! What are you thinking?

If you leave it uncovered for days, then yes. We always seal it and I always eat it within a few days.

You throw it in a Zip lock. It's like it just came out of the pot.

Put a couple wet paper towels over the top of it before you nuke it. 60% of the time it works every time.

No fight, you are wrong.... see below
:poke:

If you leave it uncovered for days, then yes. We always seal it and I always eat it within a few days.

You throw it in a Zip lock. It's like it just came out of the pot.

Put a couple wet paper towels over the top of it before you nuke it. 60% of the time it works every time.

of course you want it fresh but it is not bad if you put it away properly.

Lasagna, pizza, meatloaf, burritos, pasta, enchiladas, hamburgers, chili, casseroles, many soups, potato salad, pies, brownies...

You've reheated potato salad? I usually have it cold. I can see some soups being good re-heated, especially something like New England clam chowder.

I think burritos and hamburgers would fall into that list too, and although you didn't mention it, french fries don't make the cut.

Try frying it. Pasta and sauce is really good fried with a bit of butter.

~Dee~
I've never tried it before. Usually if I am re-heating pasta, its for lunch at work the next day and I only have a microwave at my disposal - Hence the rubbery texture that some pasta's get.

I will take your suggestion next time I have leftover pasta though. It's a really good idea.

Back