What is your addiction?

I like women's Curling, something sexy about her sweeping up.
It's all good, but you don't see them sweeping barefooted. The women should always be barefooted.

Interesting, no comments about heroine addiction? I watched a documentary called Cape Cod Heroine. It sounded like everyone in the City and state of New England is addicted to heroine.

Only addiction I have is Copenhagen. Been off it since 1997. I drink only a small amount anymore. All but quit when I watched a good friend die of liver failure from drinking. I guess my only real addiction is fly fishing. Just can't seem to get enough. And no, I'm not addicted to pot. Although I could be, legally.

The Pats the Sox and the pRon.

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Oh forgot. Slim Jim's. I can eat them by the box.

Echoing Captain Morgan here: science fiction (and fantasy). Novels, series, short stories, movies. They're all good.

Gardening is also an addiction (well, more than gardening, more like landscape architecture (but that's sound friggin' pretentious, even to me (and who am I calling anything pretentious, I who indulge in nested parentheses))).

(The previous sentence (and this one (indeed, the whole post)) are a nod to legendary MIT Professor Marvin Minsky (one of the proponents of the programming language Lisp (he passed away a couple of days ago))).

Caffeine (coffee and Mountain Dew chiefly)
Nicotine
Dark chocolate
And for the past 12 months, it's been bowling. Been going at least one time a week, sometimes 3-4 times a week, 3 games per.

coffee and ice cream......although homebrewing is quickly closing in

Deflategate took a hell of a lot of the shine off the NFL this year.

I feel the same and suspect fans everywhere felt the same. I remember reading some other forums before the start of the season and many saying they felt the NFL was fake and had become the WWE.

The biggest loser of all was not the Pats in DG even though we got crushed with the penalties. It was the NFL. I barely watched any games other than the Pats. They really did ruin fan trust and now with the ManninHGH allegation, they are showing just how two-faced they are and are being called out for it by the NY media and others. It also didn't help I suppose that Brady put up an MVP caliber season at age 38 with perfectly monitored footballs or the fact that they will probably never release the psi findings but to think they will be back in court with Brady in a month is surreal.

The real down fall of the NFL won't be its crappy product which was at an all time high this year, or CTE but its ruined trust with its fans.

I am addicted to Pats football, racquet sports, along with collecting music and hi end audio gear.

I am closing in on being addicted to various offerings of wheat beer though my wife would offer up a possible Laphroaig quarter cask addiction instead.

Don't really have anything I would consider myself addicted to. Have things and activities that are a huge part of my life that I don't feel balanced if I'm not engaged in or interacting with regularly-

picking up heavy things repeatedly

my dogs

yard work

That's about it.

3 + years clean from the bad stuff.

My new addiction is running and Patriots Planet.

I spend way too much time on both.

Sex, good wine, good beer, Running/exercise, Patriots.

Mine are coffee and nicotine (though my delivery method for nicotine has changed).

Me too, but not vaping. I haven't smoked a cig in 10+ years, but am still 100% addicted to nicotine. I used the "replacement lozenge" technique to give up the butts. And I did. But not the damn suckers. Still strung out on sucking those damn tablets as much as I ever was on lighting up.

Positives: I no longer stink; no more burn holes in clothes; teeth not yellow; lines not developing around mouth; heart & lungs majorly improved from not inhaling smoke (at least tobacco smoke)

Negatives: Still costs a fortune; still got a chemical habit. Still a junkie.
:shrug_n:

Frankly, I'm surprised that Cali doesn't make everyone who smokes move out of the state. Oh wait...the tax revenue...hence why nationwide politicians don't dare outlaw cigs totally.

I quit cold turkey over 2 years back (and most of the time I smoked I was a 1+ pack a day smoker)but quite frankly, have noticed 0 benefits from it. I put on weight (they don't tell you nicotine, etc. in cigs helps your metabolism, they tell you you "eat more when you don't have something to hold/do with your hands, etc.", that's a lie because I do not eat more), and I don't actually feel any better, have a better sense of taste or any other lie they tell you to make you want to quit. And I think that constant baking in the sun does a helluva lot more damage to one's skin that smoking. So really, the only benefit to me is the extra money.

Frankly, I'm surprised that Cali doesn't make everyone who smokes move out of the state. Oh wait...the tax revenue...hence why nationwide politicians don't dare outlaw cigs totally.

I quit cold turkey over 2 years back (and most of the time I smoked I was a 1+ pack a day smoker)but quite frankly, have noticed 0 benefits from it. I put on weight (they don't tell you nicotine, etc. in cigs helps your metabolism, they tell you you "eat more when you don't have something to hold/do with your hands, etc.", that's a lie because I do not eat more), and I don't actually feel any better, have a better sense of taste or any other lie they tell you to make you want to quit. And I think that constant baking in the sun does a helluva lot more damage to one's skin that smoking. So really, the only benefit to me is the extra money.

First and foremost is the obvious long term lung damage.

I smoked 2+packs a day for 7 years. Quit when I was younger though. I didn't have the biggest trouble with it. Though I did have to occupy my hands more to take the mind off the butts. Sunflower seeds worked. Hard candys too.

Exercise and proper nutrition can kick start your metabolism.

Exercise and proper nutrition can kick start your metabolism.

Oh you are 100% right, no doubt. I'm too lazy to cook 2 separate meals and I hate cooking to begin with.

As for my addictions, football and reading. As someone else (Mazz? ) mentioned, I don't read much in season, mostly after it.

Drinking good water helps speed up your metabolism...especially if you take a cold shower. That cranks up your metabolism.

---------- Post added at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

Art

Music

Nah, they're too bizzy around here trying to outlaw "sugary drinks" to make it illegal to smoke in your own home - although they're working on making it illegal to smoke in your car.

Like yourself - I felt gypped that I didn't Oliver Sudden develop all new taste buds, start running marathons with my new lung power or anything else they promise when I quit smoking. But I do appreciate that my clothes and breath no longer smell rank. Mr. OBF still smokes, and what I once never noticed is now nasty since I don't anymore. Cigarettes are De Debbil. I wish I never started as even though I don't officially "smoke," that Nicotine Monkey is crazy-glued to my back.

:grrr:

Back