What Is Your Favorite Meme/Saying/Quote/Post?...

Two of an ilk:

Here's your hat, what's your hurry?

How can we miss you if you won't go away?

One of my favorites is also known by its acronym:

DILLIGAF

ROFL. Stress relief made easy

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7a6EOyaMdqY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"Caution: The road to greatness is always under construction."

It's in every Patriot's player's locker.

You don't know what you don't know.

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

Or this
Thanks for stopping by. More importantly, thanks for leaving.

Archie Bunker had some great ones:

I got bigger fish to fly.

Silence is gold.

Up the creek without a saddle.

Hell hath no fury like a woman's corns.

A man's bar is his castle.

My sediments exactly.

Maybe my mind chewed off more than the mind should bite.

I'm a man. Men have got this thing called...waddya call it, a carnival instinct.

Women have...waddya call it, women's intermission.

It might only be a pigment of your imagination.

"I swear by by my life and my love of it that I shall never live for the sake of another man nor ask another man to live for mine." - Ayn Rand from Atlas Shrugged

Frank Zappa:

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.

Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read.

If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.

The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced.

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff.

Art is making something out of nothing and selling it.

There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another.

Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Douglas Adams:

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others…

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?

Listen, you ****ers, you screwheads. Here is a man who would not take it anymore. A man who stood up against the scum, the ****s, the dogs, the filth, the shit. Here is a man who stood up. ~ Travis Bickle

Listen you screwheads, here is a man who would not take it anymore
A man who stood up against the scum, the filth
Now I see clearly" ~ The Clash

"I swear by by my life and my love of it that I shall never live for the sake of another man nor ask another man to live for mine." - Ayn Rand from Atlas Shrugged

Her massive tomes are but one brilliant quote after the next. Here, also from AS, she writes a definition/tribute to our Bill:

“There's nothing of any importance in life - except how well you do your work. Nothing. Only that. Whatever else you are, will come from that. It's the only measure of human value. All the codes of ethics they'll try to ram down your throat are just so much paper money put out by swindlers to fleece people of their virtues. The code of competence is the only system of morality that's on a gold standard.”

Because Bill is this, he has the standing and the wisdom to demand his Players do their jobs well. And being the finest example of this, they strive to follow.

Everything depends on everything else.

Back