Where is the love for Hannah?

midgar8784

Reaction score
I cannot believe more people from this board did not stuff the ballot box to keep the man down...

http://articles.boston.com/2011-11-28/sports/30451267_1_tom-brady-bracket-readers-vote

Brady champ of Greatest Patriot bracket

Another day, another victory for Tom Brady.

The Patriots quarterback has emerged as the champion of Boston.com's Greatest Patriot Ever tournament. We took the 64 best Patriots players ever, put them into an NCAA-style bracket, and let readers vote over the course of two weeks.

In the final round, Brady defeated Pro Football Hall of Fame guard John Hannah by more than 5,000 votes (6,250 to 1,219).

Hannah did well to get as far as the finals. Most fans today weren't fortunate enough to see him play. I was. I still voted for Brady who should go down as one of the best if not the best to ever play the game. No shame there for Hannah.

Hannah did well to get as far as the finals. Most fans today weren't fortunate enough to see him play. I was. I still voted for Brady who should go down as one of the best if not the best to ever play the game. No shame there for Hannah.

The shame part of it, is its hard to compare a position like Olineman to a QB. This is why those all time best player lists are off to me. I am not saying one meant more than the other, but a QB is usually going to be looked at as meaning more regardless if they do or not.

I bet you wear a pink hat.

:harumph:

I guess some people on this thread did as well. I mean if you want to say Hannah was better or meant more to the Patriots than Brady, then I guess we will just disagree.

Mike Haynes losing in the first round to Rodney Harrison told me all I needed to know about this poll.

:shake:

Oh please, that's weak, D.

Considering Hannah was a guard and also never won a ****ing thing; I'd say that he acquitted himself pretty well.

Although I agree with you. Haynes had no business losing to Rodney Harrison. It's not like it was Ty Law or something. :coffee:

Nobody liked John Hannah any more than I did, but you'd have to be nuts to say that anybody is even close to Tom Brady.

It's comparing apples to oranges and it's not John's fault that the Pats didn't win any Super Bowls during his career, but it is what it is.

Oh, and Mike Haynes was way ahead of any other defensive back that ever played here. I don't know who is second, but it isn't Rodney.

Nobody liked John Hannah any more than I did, but you'd have to be nuts to say that anybody is even close to Tom Brady.

It's comparing apples to oranges and it's not John's fault that the Pats didn't win any Super Bowls during his career, but it is what it is.

Oh, and Mike Haynes was way ahead of any other defensive back that ever played here. I don't know who is second, but it isn't Rodney.

Yeah and while I loved Harrison being here, he was not like an original Patriots player, which I think the poll should have been really for.

I don't know if you were following the voting as it went along, but I was, and was turned off right after the first round when Haynes was already gone. That was the motivation for my comment.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extras/best_patriots_tournament/

Just to be clear (and at the risk of sounding like [someone else]), Just show me one place where I said Brady didn't deserve to win this poll!!!

:cuss:

:D

I don't know if you were following the voting as it went along, but I was, and was turned off right after the first round when Haynes was already gone. That was the motivation for my comment.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extras/best_patriots_tournament/

Just to be clear (and at the risk of sounding like [someone else]), Just show me one place where I said Brady didn't deserve to win this poll!!!

:cuss:

In this post right here where you said the words...

" I said Brady didn't deserve to win this poll"

:D

In this post right where you said the words...

" I said Brady didn't deserve to win this poll"

Hannah was teh awesome. Yet even if he helped the Pats win a Superbowl back then, the voting shouldn't be close. Brady is daVinci to Hannah's Grant Wood.

3 SB rings and 2 NFL MVP's a lot of broken records. Will swing the vote in Brady favor.

How did Gino do?

Edit: Never mind - I looked it up. Gino bowing out in the first round is just not right.

The shame part of it, is its hard to compare a position like Olineman to a QB. This is why those all time best player lists are off to me. I am not saying one meant more than the other, but a QB is usually going to be looked at as meaning more regardless if they do or not.
both are possibly the best ever at their position and with QB being the stud position all voting is through Pink colored glasses

Mike Haynes losing in the first round to Rodney Harrison told me all I needed to know about this poll.

:shake:
if Mike was a raider then a Patriot he would have won but leaving to join Al Davis took his love away

and he was the best DB in Pats history

How did Gino do?

Edit: Never mind - I looked it up. Gino bowing out in the first round is just not right.
Gino is a douche

Back