Which Dead Rocker would you bring back to Life for just one more show?

Stevie Ray Vaughan...just to see him play Hendrix one more time! ( I did see him live! Was AWESOME!)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1GSpbuFSr2o&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1GSpbuFSr2o&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Then John Bonham, but in the 80's so he could team back up with Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones
I see where you're going here, but I'm almost afraid that had zep stayed together during the 80's we'd have a "Hair band pahse" of zep and that would be too much for me to bear.

Like when the stones when through their "disco stage."

/shudder

Sandy Denny of Fairport Convention - she also did a duet with Robert Plant on LZ IV.

Also, If Bonham is for some reason unavailable, I'd like to use "Metallica's Mullets" as my second choice.

Cool that Rick Danko is a family friend.

The Band was one of my first musical loves.

The Band was great and Rick was a very large reason for that success.

Personal side. My Uncle and Rick were best friends as kids, banded together and remained close throughout the years. Rick dated my Aunt. My Grandpa leased farm land to Rick's family back in the day. Rick gave me his Epi EB2 when I was 10 or so and he is the reason why I play bass.

Rick had his demons and had a tough upbringing but he was always the first to offer a hand along with a hug when he was around.

Stevie Ray Vaughan...just to see him play Hendrix one more time! ( I did see him live! Was AWESOME!)
<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1GSpbuFSr2o&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

That video is from the ElMo show in Toronto that I was at. Twas amazing.

When I saw this thread, one named popped into my head immediately.

Frank Zappa.

I'm surprised it's gone on for 5 pages and no one's mentioned him.

If you ever saw him live, you know why I mentioned him. If you never saw him, you missed an amazing event.

Although I wouldn't mind seeing Gerry again. Duane Alman is another good choice.

Frank Zappa.

Good call. I did see him live, and he was a great entertainer and guitarist. With his band the Mothers of Invention. And Freddy Mercury-wow, he was the best

I also was thinking of Frank Sinatra, but he's not exactly a rocker. But in his heyday...he was the best. What the heck, if I added Croce, John Denver, and Mama Cass, I guess I can go with Sinatra too

One of my very very favorites: Marvin Gaye. Sam Cooke was great too, in a different way than Marvin Gaye (different style). And lastly, the great Nat King Cole. Not a rocker, but still....

Frank Zappa.

If you ever saw him live, you know why I mentioned him. If you never saw him, you missed an amazing event.

Although I wouldn't mind seeing Gerry again. Duane Alman is another good choice.

Had the fortune to see Zappa twice and it was UNreal.:)

Steve I love LOVE Marvin Gaye too but I was thinking about rockers more when answering this.

Damn you scrooge!

tiny-tim_coffin.jpg
http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/entertainers/music/tiny-tim/tiny-tim_coffin.jpg

Frank Zappa.

Good call, didn't even cross my mind even though he's 2/6 of my current CD magazine :doh:

Steve Ray Vaughn. Thas Baron fo rposting the video.

If I've got to come up with someone noone has mentioned yet (I hope), I think I'll go with Otis Redding.

Oh, Buddy Holly, too. I think he qualifies as a rocker.

Heres a forty on the curb in memory of Sloppy Phat the best rapper East New Hampshire ever had, word!

Back