Who was the "MVP" of the game yesterday?

Who was week 2 MVP?

• Seymour

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Thomas

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Faulk

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Mayo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Welker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Morris/Jordan

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Other

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Jets suck...

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ray Crittenden

Sometimes
Reaction score
I thought Richard Seymour was a beast yesterday. Great tackle on the goaline, nice sack on Farve, and he stuffed the run all day.

Thomas also played a hell of a game - the sack on Farve was very impressive.

Mayo - all over the field.

Faulk - we really need this guy (duh) to have many games like he did yesterday. Running, catching, fielding punts, etc. - overall great game.

Gostkowski - 4 for 4
Five touchbacks. Jet's average starting field position was their own 21.

Mangini. :D

All joking aside, there were a lot of players really doing their job well yesterday. I have trouble choosing someone over another.

I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but how come Cassel isn't on the list? He managed the well under extraordinary pressure and came out with a win.

Yup, there you have it, folks.

I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but how come Cassel isn't on the list? He managed the well under extraordinary pressure and came out with a win.

I thought about putting him on the list, but I cant get that awful, underthrown, pass to Moss out of my mind....

I'm with grog on this one: it was an entire team win. Pretty much everybody stepped up in "all three phases of the game!" :p

everybody stepped up huge....faulk, seymour, ad, welker, Gostkowski and dont forget abt Lamont...he was huge....and the coaches...their goal...to keep cassel calm, not to overwhelm him and they didnt...they all did a great job........

Faulk needs a mention and Welker and Jordan and Gost and Seymour and....:)

In the absence of the Zombie option I went with the Thomas one.
You should really put the 144 in the Thomas option or the Noobs will think you are talking about AD.

it takes a big man to admit this Lisa :thumb::p :thumb:

even when Mattie ran into his on RB on a botched run play I still had faith that he wouldn't F-up as much as Favre had potential to do so on his side of field :D

game MVP for the Pats was TEAM tho IMO :archive:

it was a tough choice between faulk and thomas. I had to giove it to faulk he came up big for the pats again in that game . he did a sick one handed catch on a tip pass for a first down.

Gostkowski - 4 for 4
Five touchbacks. Jet's average starting field position was their own 21.

Agreed.

I can't remember ever seeing any kicker get so many touch backs, in both directions.

The one run back was more of a desire of the Jets to try and make something happen, rather than any deficiency on Ghosts part.

Field position was a key element in yesterdays game and he helped establish it.

The Globe had a good quote regarding that today. it was pointed out that the average starting field position in the NFL is about the 27 yard line, so that was worth 35 to 40 yards of offense. The Jets now had to get 3 or 4 more first downs to overcome that field position. That's a tall order against the defense that showed up yesterday.

Back