Aaron Hernandez committed suicide...

Lots of cold bloodedness around here for a suicide. God gave this man life the same as the rest of us. He fkd up big time, but anyone taking their own life is not cause for celebration.

I'll agree to disagree on both God and whether a scumbag killing themselves is or is not cause for celebration. That dude who killed the old guy offed himself, now APerp... they say these things come in threes so hopefully Heil Trumpler can complete the trifecta and hang himself from a White House window shouting "This is for you Bill" a la Damien's nanny in "The Omen"...

Prison is full of nutjobs, he was nothing special in that group.

I guess Gang kicks you out for being gay, possibly taking you out. I think he was a King with Blood ties, so suddenly your built in security system (other kings and bloods) are no longer having your back.

As for life insurance, often there is a time within getting it that suicide is not covered but IF he picked up a policy in college rookie year it could pay out for suicide.

I'm not buying the story. We won't ever know what really happened, but depressed about being called gay in jail? We've created better stories on here playing around over the past 10 years.

Lots of cold bloodedness around here for a suicide. God gave this man life the same as the rest of us. He fkd up big time, but anyone taking their own life is not cause for celebration.

LOL. F him. Tell that to the people he killed and whose lives he ruined. Zero compassion for this asshole.

All due respect to the gentler souls among us who can treasure all life, no matter how the living may choose to ruin that gift, but I feel pretty good about him killing himself this morning.

I'm not going to dance a jig about it, but I reserve the right to trash a guy who CHOSE to piss not only his existence away, but to terminate at least one more life without worrying about whether Odin Lloyd was one of God's children, too.

I feel like the world got just a little bit brighter this morning and I think it is a fine personal philosophy, at least for me, to treasure almost all human life without wasting a single second feeling sorry for the very small percentage of human beings who feel perfectly justified in ruining the lives of others in a pointless quest to feed their over-inflated sense of self. And that, in the end, is what this was.

Yes, I'm happy that he killed himself. If that makes me a mean-spirited person in your eyes then so be it.

All due respect to the gentler souls among us who can treasure all life, no matter how the living may choose to ruin that gift, but I feel pretty good about him killing himself this morning.

I'm not going to dance a jig about it, but I reserve the right to trash a guy who CHOSE to piss not only his existence away, but to terminate at least one more life without worrying about whether Odin Lloyd was one of God's children, too.

I feel like the world got just a little bit brighter this morning and I think it is a fine personal philosophy, at least for me, to treasure almost all human life without wasting a single second feeling sorry for the very small percentage of human beings who feel perfectly justified in ruining the lives of others in a pointless quest to feed their over-inflated sense of self. And that, in the end, is what this was.

Yes, I'm happy that he killed himself. If that makes me a mean-spirited person in your eyes then so be it.

Amen

A sad ending to a sad life.

Guess he wasn't as tough as he thought he was. Plenty of guys doing hard time the hard way.

When I worked in human resources the group life insurance policy for employees did pay out in the event of suicide. I imagine it depends on the policy.

I have a policy that will pay out if I kill myself.

I'm not buying the story. We won't ever know what really happened, but depressed about being called gay in jail? We've created better stories on here playing around over the past 10 years.

:wave: Pyxis

Someone who claims to have talked to him, and usually is correct about this stuff explaining all the different tattoo's Aaron has, claimed it to be the reason.

more likely the story than he was assisted in his death. I mean door was alleged to have been barricaded from the inside, the cell block video will show them forcing the door open if that is so.

Well said and you've expressed my own thoughts exactly.

I don't mourn for him but I do mourn for all those he hurt along the way. Mostly for his daughter.

Stephen A. gets this one right imo.

<div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:56.21%"><iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qMcRKsHm6sc?ecver=2" style="position:absolute;width:100%;height:100%;left:0" width="641" height="360" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

Does there have to be controversy around everything?

He's a single inmate in a cell.

Doors lock at 9:15 pm.

Security walks every 1/2 hr, confirming they are in cell, and in APerps case I'm sure, alone.

3:30 am patrol finds him hanging or unconscious.

Door barricaded from inside.

By the time they get in and verify death it's announced 4:07 am.

I don't see what's so unfeasible in the account put forth by report.

Yes, I'm happy that he killed himself.

I can understand most of what you are saying and why, except this. It is the cowards way out and just think of the message it sends to people in despair, especially teenagers. Got a problem too big to handle, then off yourself. As despicable of a man as he was, he didn't start out that way. None of us do. But his solution to the problem is now in the national spotlight, and young minds will be shaped by his action.

He's not done killing.

So no, I can never be happy about something like this. But you are entitled to your opinion.

I can understand most of what you are saying and why, except this. It is the cowards way out and just think of the message it sends to people in despair, especially teenagers. Got a problem too big to handle, then off yourself. As despicable of a man as he was, he didn't start out that way. None of us do. But his solution to the problem is now in the national spotlight, and young minds will be shaped by his action.

He's not done killing.

So no, I can never be happy about something like this. But you are entitled to your opinion.

If you're in despair and influenced by what a mass murderer chooses as an escape you've got bigger problems than his role in your course of action.

Usually, the suicide clause in a life insurance policy states that no death benefit will be paid if the insured commits suicide within two years of taking out a policy.

If he took out a policy over two years ago, benefits will likely be paid.

My policy is like this. My insurance agent said, "After two years, dead is dead. We don't care how you got there."

He's not done killing.

As are you.

I happen to have known 3 people that hanged themselves. Two brothers from one family, in fact, and none of them had anywhere near the issues that hung over Hernandez, but moreso each had unfathomable personal demons/depression that led them in that direction for various reasons. As far as any of us left behind could figure.

Not even slightly did it influence me to change my opinion about taking that way out which was formed long before I was grown up.

To reiterate, I'm still happy that Hernandez hung himself and for the rest of the non-murderer troubled folks in the world I wish them strength and peace and do hope they don't allow themselves to be influenced by world-class losers like him.

This is an interesting thread to read. TBH, my first thought was about his family and what must have changed so dramatically for him that he would stop fighting and choose to die. I actually felt bad for him a bit and I still do. His life sucked.

At the same time I am truly glad the people will not be supporting him for the next 60 years and those associated with his crimes can really try to move on because he is now out of the picture. He is no longer there to fight against and to hate. He was a bad person and deserved what he got.

I share Grog's fear that some may be emboldened to commit suicide by his and that does worry me.

Back