Babalu

Amazing! I was thinking of posting a poll as to what Jeff's first words would be. But I thought that the speech functions might take a long time to come back. At this rate, he could be getting up and giving a 2 hour speech at the fundraiser.

If you think of it the next time you see him...

Ask him how he wants that steak.

I was hoping his first words would be..."Tom's Tasty Sauce my ass!"ROFL

I know it's been said before, but......

tulip_tree.jpg

S-340.jpg

Indian-Animals-Deer_7502.jpg

I am going to go with "Happy Birthday" ala this dude...
I can't believe you posted that inappropriate picture.

That is really offensive....You should be ashamed of yourself.
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:fire:

The angle of this shot doesn't really show the full thickness of these babies. We measured them between 2.5 and 275 inches thick. Each one was 36 ounces of dry aged, expertly trimmed USDA prime. Marbling like you wouldn't believe left little rivulets of melted fatty juiciness gushing with every bite.

That's a friggin steak baby!

I sure hope you brought the better halves along for the other part of steak & BJ night.

Dearest Lord, have mercy on us, poor miserable sinners. We have no claim on You, nothing in us merits Your favor; yet we see Your favor in Babalu's improvement, in his family's love and his caregivers dedication; we receive Your gifts in Your sacraments and in Your Word, we are forgiven through Your Son's sacrifice. Lord have mercy, on Babalu, on his family, on his caregivers, and on each of us, poor miserable sinners. Guide us to kneel before You in Your house, to Hear Your Word, to receive Your gifts, to know our unworthiness in the face of Your love. In the Name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.

You're slipping, BoR... I didn't see a prayer post from you yesterday... ;)

But we all are still praying for you, babs! :toast:

Update: 10/28/2010

Jeff's making steady progress. He's able to move his left hand, wrist and arm. They had him sitting on the side of his bed today and had him swinging his left leg. He also can move his left foot. And he can now move his right hand. Jeff still isn't talking and he won't really be able to until they can give him a smaller tracheotomy tube. When they do that, they will cap the tube and he should be able to speak.

He's able to answer questions by mouthing the words. He'll answer yes/no type questions as well as open ended questions, like "how are you feeling" or "how'd did you sleep last night" or they'll show him a toy and ask who's toy is this and he'll correctly answer Ben or Shannon. He still isn't opening his eyes as much as they were expecting, but he's much more alert. They'll continue to slowly wean him off his phenobarbital, which is one of his anti-seizure meds. And they'll continue to give him the central nervous system stimulant.

It appears to me, that his improvements are coming at a quicker pace. So keep up the prayers and positive thoughts for even quicker progress.

Also, Jeff's probably not going to have much in the way of visitors this weekend. Due to him being in Salem and it being Halloween. So if you're feeling adventurous or you're in the area, please stop by and spend some time with him. PM me for visiting info.

------------------------------------------
Donate to Jeff via PayPal

Thanks again Frank I love reading these!!!

Love the Progress Frank. Heres hoping he can watch games at least soon!

Back