Brady Officially Retires (?)

Nah, Curran's not in the loop anymore. The head of the Brady News Division already made it official.

Edit: Unless....he didn't tell Dr. Comcussion Water yet either. :coffee:

He has 15M reasons for this not to be officially official til Feb. 5. The Signing Bonus is guaranteed though.
Someone has popped prematurely for sure!

Hahaha... no knows what the fuck is happening
I work in local tv and hear things all the time, I never believe anything until there is an official announcement. It would be funny for Brady to come out and say, "I'm going to play one more year" even if he planned on it now that this has gone out.

I have a really hard time believing that such a clear, definitive, "he is retiring" gets leaked by accident. You think anyone in Brady's inner-circle would leak this without Brady's direct, explicit consent? I have a hard time believing that. Darlington, who first reported the retirement along with Schefter, is close with Brady and was hinting at Brady's departure from New England in early-2020 before free-agency arrived.

That makes me wonder if this is politics in an attempt to get out of Tampa, to a more favorable team/roster for another push. Or perhaps just a strange publicity stunt. Beyond that, the only explanation I can think of is that someone close to Brady really dropped the ball and leaked this when they should not have. That is the simplest explanation, so Occam's Razor and all.

Bizarre stuff.

Last edited:
I don't buy the family angle for his retirement. Or this bullshit about Giselle can't bear to see him taking hits or whatever the fuck he said. He wants out of Tampa Bay because he thinks Arians is a MORON.

He'll unretire on July 1 and sign with SF.
That would actually be hilarious

Ok, he has $15 million reasons not to make it official until after 2/5. That's why dad is doing some damage control right now.

NFL will certainly have good ratings tomorrow.

Could it be a preemptive move by tampa to save $15million

This news took all the air from Big Ben's retirement announcement even if it isn't true. That is funny and good at the same time.

Back