Votes: 10 40.0%
  • The Chiefs win.

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • The Chiefs win by a lot.

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
Some thoughts on the Chiefs @ Rams which should be a helluva fun game to watch.
9-1 vs 9-1
The Rams running game vs a Chiefs defense that can't defend the run.
The Chiefs passing attack without Sammy Watkins is still dangerous but Marcus Peters is waiting for Kareem Hunt. Aaron Donald is frothing for Alvin and the Kamaras & Mahomes.

The Rams are without Cooper Kupp who had ACL surgery last week.

New school McVay vs Old School Reid using new school RPOs and spread offensive schemes he learned from Joe Tiller, Mike Leach, Kliff Kingsbury and Chip Kelly.
'Trickle up' began overtaking 'trickle down' longer ago than you probably think. Drew Brees is proof. Favre nods in agreement.

Time management goes to McVay.

Chiefs = most passing yds and most passing TDs
Rams = most total yds from scrimmage and most TDs from scrimmage.

AY/P = as equal as you can get

Yes sirree, get your popcorn and beer; sit back and relax. This should be an offensive explosion.

Vegas has the Rams favored by 3.5 points. I think the Rams cover but by too close a margin to bet real dollars on. I'll have a beer with mikie, though. :toast:

I voted the Rams to win by a lot (they cover).

Very interesting side note I heard yesterday.

Last year the Pats had Denver and Mexico City on the schedule. Bill put in the request to play Denver the week prior to Mexico City. Request granted. Team left Denver and remained at altitude all week. Game was over virtually by first snap.

Fast forward to this off-season. Both Rams and Chiefs picked up on Bills lead. Submitted same request. Since 2 teams submitted there was no fair breakdown so both denied.

Rams thought they’d get a leg up though and flew to Mexico City to acclimate prior to their game AND prior to the league moving the venue back to LA due to poor field conditions. So, the rarest of the rare, the home team logged more travel days and miles than the road team.

This game could be a potential SB preview game with both teams packing a 9-1 record and loosing to different teams. Both team were beaten on the road. Although game is being played at Rams

I still voted the Chiefs win because they have more overall team weapons than the Rams. I believe the team that has the ball at the end of the game wins by a FG. This is the reason why I bet Chiefs +3.5 in this week's Mikiemo83's pool.

Chiefs have Mahomes . That's all that needs to be said.

Chiefs 42
Rams 35

I don't see the chiefs having enough D to slow down the Rams.

Gurley is a beast. He needs no finesse or trickery in his game. How can the Chiefs stop the guy? They can't. Line him up & let him loose.

We finally have a MNF game worth watching.
Rams by double digits.

Chiefs had a chance on the neutral field - but the game is in LA now, and they'll be able to have Sean McVay calling the plays at the line for Goff with no interruptions.

Marcus Peters gives up 4 TD, but it won't be enough.

Rams 35
Chiefs 31

Media pretends the Chiefs didn't lose again. :coffee:

Gurley is a beast. He needs no finesse or trickery in his game. How can the Chiefs stop the guy? They can't. Line him up & let him loose.

That’s a first round back. Total beast.

They’ll try and sell out to slow him, and be bitten repeatedly with play action.

As the season progresses it’s looking more and more to me like years gone by- the NFC Championship is going to be the real SB. And likely a rematch of NO-LA.

Chiefs had a chance on the neutral field - but the game is in LA now, and they'll be able to have Sean McVay calling the plays at the line for Goff with no interruptions.

Marcus Peters gives up 4 TD, but it won't be enough.

Rams 35
Chiefs 31

Media pretends the Chiefs didn't lose again. :coffee:

just like the fans

Back