Grif Whalen signed by the Patriots

mikiemo83

The Future
Reaction score
to fill WR hole - Former Colt

Ian Rapoport Verified account 
‏@RapSheet
The #Patriots are signing FA WR Griff Whalen, source said. They think he can fill Danny Amendola’s role until the playoffs.

Well, scratch the fake punt off the play sheet.

Watch the Pats run that fake punt - and succeed.

to fill WR hole - Former Colt

He’s returned 46 punts for 376 yards and 29 kicks for 701 yards.
Returns start at the 1:05 mark. Good, not great, but solidly consistent.

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zVbcRYzS9OM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He should be able to get to grip with at least a bare bones McDaniels playbook pretty quickly. He could be one of those players like Akeem Ayers and makes an impression very quickly.

He should be able to get to grip with at least a bare bones McDaniels playbook pretty quickly. He could be one of those players like Akeem Ayers and makes an impression very quickly.

BIG difference between McD's 400 page playbook and Patricia's 40 page playbook. :coffee:

If he can just return punts than this was a great signing. I don't want Jules back there.

I mean, the film on him looks decent. Could be good in the return game and provide depth at WR, but I'm not getting too excited. If he was a legit threat I'd imagine someone would have had him on their roster by now.

Back