Gronk may be a game time decision

bideau

Offering friendly advice
Reaction score
From Schefter and Reiss

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...d-patriots-gets-treatment-hospital-right-knee

Mike Reiss and Adam Schefter

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski spent part of Thursday in a Boston hospital getting treatment on his injured right knee which included an injection, according to a source familiar with the procedure.

The Patriots believe Gronkowski will play in Saturday's divisional-round playoff game against the visiting Kansas City Chiefs, but will ultimately need to see how Gronkowski feels on game day.

The Patriots practiced early this afternoon inside Gillette Stadium. Before the practice, head coach Bill Belichick was asked about his level of concern regarding Gronkowski and said, "We'll list the players after practice like we do every day."

Gronkowski practiced on Monday, was held out of the Patriots' full-pads practice on Tuesday, and was listed as a limited participant on Wednesday.

He sustained a bruise/strain of his right knee Nov. 29 against the Denver Broncos, then missed the Dec. 6 game against the Philadelphia Eagles. He returned Dec. 13 against the Houston Texans before he was removed from the team's injury report the next week.

The first-team All-Pro played 55 of 60 snaps in the regular-season finale against the Miami Dolphins.

I need Lisa to tell us the panic level before I decide how I feel.

He is playing. This is just precautionary to get him as close to 100 percent as possible.

Chandler for this season . Better step up & make plays . He has been a huge disappointment in the passing game.

1) why did he play the Miami game
2) why was he flying to Florida to see mom instead of getting more treatment

seems odd to me

1) why did he play the Miami game
2) why was he flying to Florida to see mom instead of getting more treatment

seems odd to me

I believe it is all precautionary unless he did something to the knee in the first practice on Monday. But if that was the case why did he practice Wed?

He also went to visit the little boy with stage 4 cancer Monday night.

~Dee~

Everything that I'm reading about bone bruises, he probably got an injection of some sort of anti-inflammatory stuff to help with the pain a little bit.

It was funny listening to them talk about this on NFL Insiders. When Schefter said he had an injection at a hospital I could almost see the spittle flying out of NaPolian's mouth when he said, "HE WILL HAVE TO BE LISTED AS QUESTIONABLE THEN!!!!" Schefter barely had finished talking. ROFL

My guess is related to pain management? I expect him to play but hopefully it doesn't hinder him this week or going forward.

It was funny listening to them talk about this on NFL Insiders. When Schefter said he had an injection at a hospital I could almost see the spittle flying out of NaPolian's mouth when he said, "HE WILL HAVE TO BE LISTED AS QUESTIONABLE THEN!!!!" Schefter barely had finished talking. ROFL

Ian Rapoport Verified account ‏<s>@</s>RapSheet

What I'm told on <s>#</s>Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski: He did not receive any knee injections. He's been getting treatment & getting ready to play.

Deep sound therapy is my guess.

Back