I turned my back on Dunkin Donuts today

CleatMarks

Reaction score
In the spirit of the Kimballs thread....

I've had it with that place (all of them). I'm tired of getting a ice coffee with milk and substitute sugar and wondering if they're going to put almost no milk, no sugar, or give me a cup of cream that has a slight tinge of coffee color.

I'm tired of having to go through the drive through only to have to go into the place to correct it or worse yet, drive down the road and discover their problems. I've started carrying sugar, napkins, and straws in my glove box because they're bound to forget one... and it's a crap shoot as to whether I'm going to get a decent cup of coffee. I'd say it's about 40% of the time and it doesn't seem to matter which Dunks I go to.

Do people who work there even drink coffee? Have they ever had one? How hard is it to look at a regular coffee and know if it's too light (almost white) or too dark? This isn't rocket science. Do they even train their staff?

I remember being able to get a decent cup of coffee at Dunks years ago. I've been getting immune to the deteriorating service over the years but I'm finally waking up. I'm sick of paying almost 3 bucks for a cup of crap that I have to usually empty out the window at my next stop.

FU Dunkin Donuts. I'm sick of your shit

I've had it with that place (all of them). I'm tired of getting a ice coffee with milk and substitute sugar and wondering if they're going to put almost no milk, no sugar, or give me a cup of cream that has a slight tinge of coffee color.

I'm tired of having to go through the drive through only to have to go into the place to correct it or worse yet, drive down the road and discover their problems. I've started carrying sugar, napkins, and straws in my glove box because they're bound to forget one... and it's a crap shoot as to whether I'm going to get a decent cup of coffee. I'd say it's about 40% of the time and it doesn't seem to matter which Dunks I go to.

Do people who work there even drink coffee? Have they ever had one? How hard is it to look at a regular coffee and know if it's too light (almost white) or too dark? This isn't rocket science. Do they even train their staff?

I remember being able to get a decent cup of coffee at Dunks years ago. I've been getting immune to the deteriorating service over the years but I'm finally waking up. I'm sick of paying almost 3 bucks for a cup of crap that I have to usually empty out the window at my next stop.

:thumb: good rant.

Don't go there often. When I do I go in. To usually no line at all. There is ALWAYS a ridiculous line at the drive through. Acan't believe people sit in that line 15 or more minutes when they could be in and out in 2.

And once in there, you watch em make it and check it and correct it on the spot.

The drive thru is one of those things destroying civilization as we know it. ;)

Cheers

:thumb: good rant.

Don't go there often. When I do I go in. To usually no line at all. There is ALWAYS a ridiculous line at the drive through. Acan't believe people sit in that line 15 or more minutes when they could be in and out in 2.

And once in there, you watch em make it and check it and correct it on the spot.
The drive thru is one of those things destroying civilization as we know it. ;)

Cheers

This. And it applies to all fast-food.

Several things I've discovered over the years.

1) most people working at these "stops" don't give a crap about doing a good job... maybe they need a raise or get fired but one or the other.

2) Teens can't count for shit anymore. I went into a McDonalds a couple of years ago and got something for the kids.... the meal came out to something an some change...let's say 10.57. So I hand the kid 20 bucks and they enter it into the machine because god knows, they wouldn't be able to figure it out without the register telling them what the change would be. So, then I figure out that I have the change and say "wait, I've got the 57 cents". This idiot tells me that they can't make the change because they already put it into the register. WTF. Are you telling me that if I give you 11.57 for a 10.57 bill that you can't figure out to give me back a dollar? I see this everywhere but that one was my epic failure.

3) You have to repeat your order at least 5 times and they usually get it wrong when they're saying it back to you. Unless I'm paying for 60 dollar entree, I can't get a person to remember anything I say. I speak slowly and pause often so they can catch up... still can't.

I'm so sick of this shit. I'm not one to be mean but I'm so disgusted by the service you get these days.

Several things I've discovered over the years.

1) most people working at these "stops" don't give a crap about doing a good job... maybe they need a raise or get fired but one or the other.

2) Teens can't count for shit anymore. I went into a McDonalds a couple of years ago and got something for the kids.... the meal came out to something an some change...let's say 10.57. So I hand the kid 20 bucks and they enter it into the machine because god knows, they wouldn't be able to figure it out without the register telling them what the change would be. So, then I figure out that I have the change and say "wait, I've got the 57 cents". This idiot tells me that they can't make the change because they already put it into the register. WTF. Are you telling me that if I give you 11.57 for a 10.57 bill that you can't figure out to give me back a dollar? I see this everywhere but that one was my epic failure.

3) You have to repeat your order at least 5 times and they usually get it wrong when they're saying it back to you. Unless I'm paying for 60 dollar entree, I can't get a person to remember anything I say. I speak slowly and pause often so they can catch up... still can't.

I'm so sick of this shit. I'm not one to be mean but I'm so disgusted by the service you get these days.

No shit. I'm on your side. Every day all I want is my afternoon coffee. Nine out of ten times they pour so much cream in it that I actually see the heart attack coming. What is the problem? I ordered coffee CREAM ONLY and get basically CREAM ONLY with a hint of coffee and sugar. And then I taste the sugar and gag because coffee isn't supposed to be a sweet drink and it ruins my urge for the coffee that I couldn't wait to have five minutes before.

And then people wonder why people go postal and walk into a place with a semiautomatic rifle and start blowing mofos away. It's because THEY FVCKING DESERVE IT FOR BEING SO STUPID.

:bang::bang::bang:

I never had a problem with them. I keep my order very simple Black with a little sugar.

Amen. DDs service is HORRIBLE. I took a hiatus from DD and went to McDonald's since their ice coffee is pretty good. They're just as bad as DD. I like my iced coffee black with caramel flavoring. It can't be that hard. Ice. Coffee. 1 squirt of caramel flavoring. THAT'S IT! It doesn't matter which McDonald's I go to, they CAN NOT solve this riddle. Sure I sh*t, I drive up to the window and they either hand it to me TOTALLY black or with cream. Ugh. :banghead::banghead:

I love DD, but one thing I've always wondered is...why don't they just let you add your own milk/cream and sugar? Seems like an easy solution to the problem.

I love DD, but one thing I've always wondered is...why don't they just let you add your own milk/cream and sugar? Seems like an easy solution to the problem.

Because it is waaaaaaayy more expensive to do it that way.

I rarely buy coffee, but when I do I go to Cumberland Farms or Tedeschi's. Usually add a shot of a flavoring, some cream, and I'm good to go. It's always hot, relatively fresh, and I prefer the self-serve. It's also under two bucks for a large cup.

This is more of an iced coffee issue than a hot coffee issue and it's not just limited to Dunks - happens elsewhere as well.

I love ice coffee but definitely skew towards hot more often than not. So when you factor in the cost (iced is always at least about $1 more than hot) and the potential of getting nothing more than a cup of cream and sugar with a splash of coffee.... No thanks.

Another funny Dunks aside - the closest one to me shares the same entrance as a McDonald's. In the morning, the Dunks drive-thru wraps around the building. On some mornings, the line in wraps out to the main boulevard. It's quite a site. Yet there's never more than a few cars at the McDonald's drive-thru. And McDonald's coffee is Newman's Own Organic and it's only a buck for any size! Yet so many of these people wait in their cards for 20 minutes or more to pay 3 times that. Always amuses me.

I solved this problem by spending 3 weeks worth of Dunkin Donuts bills on a coffee maker. Crazy, right?

Going to DD for the coffee instead of the donuts? :doh::shake:

This is Dunkin Donuts telling your order is kinda :thailor:.

I like my coffee like I like my women: hot, black, and wet.

There's one DD in Manchester that is awesome!!! They are the only one that gets the order right every time and does it with pleasure. I go way out of my way to go to that one when I'm looking for coffee.

I used to get my afternoon coffee at the DD around the corner from my work, but the coffeee sucks, and they dont appear to speak English, and being in America an all, it just pisses me off.

Other than my morning coffee I rarely buy it out, unless I'm near the one good one left that I'm aware of.

Back