Irsay says Luck's new deal will be "Shocking"

Pay him nicely but pay him low enough to keep him and put a team around him. I hate when owners want to pay someone high price with the salary cap.

This is the problem with much of the league.
Overpaying has become a badge of honor to these idiot owners. Keeping up with the Joneses.
"I'm rich and I can so I will. Take that!, Jerrah!!" Nutkick

:toast:

Luck needs to get the hell out of there, before they ruin his career. I thought for sure, Irsay would have got rid of Grigson after the injury scandal came out late last year. As long as that kid is there with this owner, he's screwed forever.

Whatever they end up paying him there would be 25 teams lined up around the block to pay him more.

You're a fvucking moron.

Well howdie to you too. Do I know you? Or are you always so delightful?

So because other teams would pay Luck means Irsay should offer him a "shocking" contract? Wasn't it him who said they were no longer interested in star wars numbers and wanted rings and that he was building a monster? Your team is a complete JOKE replete with a pill popping owner, clueless GM and woefully mediocre head coach. Good "luck" will all that. The Colts can't lose enough games in my lifetime.

Says the wannabe Colts fan. Luck is the most overrated QB to come out recently; he's good , but "Elway" good? That hasn't been demonstrated once .

Is he a Colts.com Tool bag? I should have guessed.

Have you seen lately how many Pats threads Bayone has posted over there? The obsession continues ... with Manninhgh gone they have got nothing but Brady and the Pats living in their collective heads. Of course given the state of their team, who can blame them? I would be obsessed with the best franchise of the modern era too that has been their personal whipping boy for 16 years now.

Not that I'm aware of. I actually think that he's a Browns fan, but he also always sides with the Colts.

He's also been a bitter sonofabitch for the past year or two. Must have been the Patriots winning #4.

Browns fan? I should have gone easier on him then. That 4th ring did blow the heads of the haters. That is what has made it so sweet. Salty tears are the best. :toast:

Well howdie to you too. Do I know you? Or are you always so delightful?

So because other teams would pay Luck means Irsay should offer him a "shocking" contract? Wasn't it him who said they were no longer interested in star wars numbers and wanted rings and that he was building a monster? Your team is a complete JOKE replete with a pill popping owner, clueless GM and woefully mediocre head coach. Good "luck" will all that. The Colts can't lose enough games in my lifetime.

He's a classy guy...:coffee:

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

He's just a ****ing asshole

Also this...

I think they'll be hanging a new banner at the Oil Can.
Most shocking deal finalists.
Andrew Luck new deal finalists. (They bid against themselves and somehow lost)

Whatever they end up paying him there would be 25 teams lined up around the block to pay him more.

You're a fvucking moron.

25 teams? Really? let's examine, shall we-

New England- no
Cincinnati- no
Pittsburgh- no
Arizona- no
Seattle- no
New Orleans- no
Oakland- no
Dallas- no
San Diego- no
Green Bay- no
Atlanta- no
NY Giants- no
Baltimore- no
Carolina- no

that's 14 definites in the no column, so that reduces your total to 17. Let's go further-

Houston- just signed Osweiler, so probably a no
Miami- still seem to love Tannehill for some reason, so probably no
Jacksonville- VERY high on Bortles, and the kid looks like he can play, so let's say no
TN- no
Tampa- no
Detroit- Stafford can still play and has put up better numbers than Luck in the past, so leaning no here
Kansas City- iffy at best, probably not
Washington- they think they can win with Cousins and appear to be out of the high-dollar free agent game, so we'll say no here as well

that's 8 more that I would have to lean more towards no, so that leaves us with 9. Moving on-

Chicago- maybe
Minnesota- maybe
Buffalo- yes
NY Jets- probably
Cleveland- yes
Denver- yes
Philadelphia- probably
LA- yes
SF- maybe

so, that leaves us with 9 potential landing places for Andrew Luck, 4 that are probably definite.

Seriously, what has Luck done at this point in his career to warrant that kind of deal? He's nothing more than a slightly younger version of Matthew Stafford. Actually, Stafford's numbers are a little better.

edit- Stafford was also drafted #1 overall. Seriously, do you think Stafford would get the kind of deal and consideration around the league that you seem to think Luck would if he were to become an unrestricted FA? Swap places with them and you'll get the same results.

Does anyone think that the shocker could be a deal for less money, a team friendly contract to keep the Colts competitive?

IMO that would be a bigger shocker than the largest deal ever to a QB.

Back