Kaep files lawsuit against the NFL for "collusion."

Unless Kaepernick has tangible evidence that multiple teams actually conspired to deny him the chance to continue to play in the NFL, he has zero case.
Maybe the dodo Goodell will turn over the meeting minutes where the owners agreed they wouldn't hire him?

Other than that, I got nothing.

:shrug_n:

This is the closing argument. And the thing that the media loves to forget.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

There is no collusion at play here.

EXCEPT the timing is interesting. And he could claim the collusion stems from the president, who has basically told owners fire these guys if they take a knee. And way back in March when FA started, Trump made some comments and specifically name CK to owners, something to the effect of "Nobody should hire this guy."

So there is possibly a claim that the collusion isn't necessarily amongst the 32 owners together as a plan not to sign him with some secret meetings and conversations but, rather, collusion because of the president of the United States.

Entirely possible and a hell of a lot easier to prove than a secret pact between 31 men and a board of directors of one team.

EXCEPT the timing is interesting. And he could claim the collusion stems from the president, who has basically told owners fire these guys if they take a knee. And way back in March when FA started, Trump made some comments and specifically name CK to owners, something to the effect of "Nobody should hire this guy."

So there is possibly a claim that the collusion isn't necessarily amongst the 32 owners together as a plan not to sign him with some secret meetings and conversations but, rather, collusion because of the president of the United States.

Entirely possible and a hell of a lot easier to prove than a secret pact between 31 men and a board of directors of one team.

:dith:

That's...not collusion. He doesn't own the NFL. His comments carry zero legal weight.

That's...not collusion. He doesn't own the NFL. His comments carry zero legal weight.

He DID turn down the 49er's $14 million, or whatever the exact amount is...this would be the tipping point. If there is such a thing. (playing lawyer)

He DID turn down the 49er's $14 million, or whatever the exact amount is...this would be the tipping point. If there is such a thing. (playing lawyer)

Yeah, I mean, that's pretty much the end of it right there. He opted out of a guaranteed contract because...reasons.

No one has been fired for taking a knee, so moot point.
You really think owners wouldn't hire him because of dumb crap Trump said? Your hatred of him is making you illogical. I'd say ck's bimbo running her extremely dumb mouth would be more likely to blame than anything mr. eyerolling tweet says.
Remember brent grimes being good but his toxic wife being a cause of his employment woes?

This filing ends whatever infinitesimal chance there was of Kaep ever playing in the NFL again. I assume he knew this whenever he decided to accept the advice of his GF/lawyer to file such a claim but then again ...

No one has been fired for taking a knee, so moot point.
You really think owners wouldn't hire him because of dumb crap Trump said?

I think dope Holley was saying something similar last night. Are stupid pills part of the opioid epidemic?

The President saying anything on this subject is irrelevant. He has no authority to tell NFL owners who they can or can't employ. It's definitely not relevant when it comes to a collusion lawsuit.

Trump implying Kaep shouldn't have a job is just as relevant as your annoying uncle saying the same thing on Thanksgiving. He's just another guy with an opinion. Irrelevant.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ld-have-cut-kaepernick-if-he-hadnt-opted-out/

“Yes,” Lynch said regarding whether Kaepernick would have been cut if he hadn’t opted out, “and we had that conversation with him. So I don’t want to characterize it as he made a decision to leave here. We both sat down and under that current construct of his deal, it was a big number. [Coach] Kyle [Shanahan] had a vision for what he wanted to do, and one thing I think Kyle was very clear and I think Colin appreciated, is that Kyle has an idea of how he’d play with Colin Kaepernick. But he preferred to run the exact offense that he ran in Atlanta last year that was record-breaking in this league. And if you change it for the quarterback, you change it for everybody on that offense. So he had a great discussion that I think gave Colin clarity, so we moved on.

Brian Hoyer was one of the guys we pursued. Once we pursued him, we didn’t see Kaep as a backup that would really fit in that scheme and we communicated that to him. So I think we’ve been very up front with it. But I think that is a fair characterization. Yes, he was not going to be here under the construct of his contract. We gave him the option, ‘You can opt out, we can release you, whatever.’ And he chose to opt out, but that was just a formality.”

Good heavens. Kaep and his team are dumb. But I did read that if he could prove collusion than the CBA becomes null and void so I am rooting for him big time.

Back