Michael Dick Poll (and no, that's not a typo)

Vick as NFL MVP?

• Hell, yeah! He is teh awesome!

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • No way in hell!

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Only if (insert your fave player here) doesn't win

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other - Post your vote/comment/opinion in thread

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters

cka203

GO COLTS!
Reaction score
So I had an interesting convo last night on FB with some peeps during the early part of the game, and it made me wonder.....

Would you be okay with Vick winning NFL MVP this year? Do you love watching him play? Are you happy about his return, and his success?

I'm truly curious. I am NOT a fan of his, and I'm not convinced he's a changed man, and I think if he were chosen MVP, it would *almost* be as bad as OJ being heralded as one of the all-time greats. But maybe I'm just a hardass... :shrug:

Comments and opinions?

She said 'Dick pole'..

He won't win, so it'll be moot. I guess the guy has paid his debt to society, so what can you do. I think his crimes though should be considered by the voters to an extend that he was suspended by the league. ESPN and the talking morons completely act like Vick's crimes never happened though which drives me insane.

As a human being, I'm not one to really forget about what he did. It was seriously ****ed up and I'm really not a 'fan' of his.

That being said, he is having a phenomenal season. I still hope he doesn't win MVP though. There's a poll on NFL.com right now asking who the best QB is right now (Manning, Brady, Rivers, Vick), and Vick has a commanding 50%+ lead. Obviously that poll is meaningless, but at the same time it seems others are thinking what you're thinking.

If he continues his strong play and carries them to a division win (without missing more games) then I'm sure he'll stay in the discussion.

Actually, I think he's doing a remarkable job, is exciting to watch, and deserves accolades for his play on the field. I'll hold off on commenting on MVP until the end of the year, though.

I think his past actions are despicable. But he was convicted and served his time, and I believe he has learned from his mistakes. I may be wrong, but he sounds like a different person in his interviews, and his teammates think he's a great leader. He didn't murder or rape anyone, he paid for his crime, and I think he deserves this second chance.

I would be prefectly okay with it. He served his time and paid his debt to society.

Muderers and Rapists are okay and celebrated in the NFL. Why not celebrate the talents of the one who actually did pay his debt to society?

I don't know about MVP because it is midseason. But, I was one of his harshest critics, and I am enjoying his redemption. He did his time, seems to have reformed, and is doing and saying all the right things in addition to balling. I'm supporting the guy.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm with CKA...he's said enough "bragging on myself" things recently that I don't beleive he actually fundamentally changed as a person.

I have less of a problem with his winning MVP than I did with his being nominated for the Ed Block Courage award last year or winning Comeback Player of the Year. Reason being, to me MVP is all about JUST play on the field. Those other two to me also should have an element of personal character associated with them.

Another element is how much credit Reid should get for bringing out the QB in Vick...and covering for McNabb's flaws as a QB when neither was/is the case for those guys elsewhere.

His play so far puts him in the discussion but no way I'm voting for him whether his debt to society is paid or not. His past will forever rule his future and there are no free passes.

His play so far puts him in the discussion but no way I'm voting for him whether his debt to society is paid or not. His past will forever rule his future and there are no free passes.
Ray Lewis says Hi.:shrug:

I would be prefectly okay with it. He served his time and paid his debt to society.

Muderers and Rapists are okay and celebrated in the NFL. Why not celebrate the talents of the one who actually did pay his debt to society?
This, plus, torturing and killing animals, even cute and lovable ones, pales in comparison to much of the other stuff.

I'm not a fan and never have been, and I'm also an animal lover in general and a dog lover in particular. When I read about what he'd been up to it turned my stomach - cruelty to animals is, IMO, the sign of a sick mind. In his defense, though, it wasn't TOTALLY pointless cruelty, it was just cruelty that I don't understand the point of. Not a big fan of dog fighting.

However, unless I've missed something he's never been accused of a crime against a person, which puts him above a whole slew of NFL stars.

If he earns the MVP, he should get it. I don't see it happening, but he was pretty decent last night.

Until he gets caught doing something stupid, I say let his actions on and off field dictate whether he should have an MVP award or not.

This is the most valuable player award.

I don't understand your response. Sorry. :huh:
Ray Lewis is celebrated and one of the faces of the NFL and he is a murderer. His past doesn't seem to dictate his future.

Ray Lewis is celebrated and one of the faces of the NFL and he is a murderer. His past doesn't seem to dictate his future.

Innocent until proven guilty. While Lewis might be shady, he was never found guilty of murder (in fact he was never tried as a murderer either) - and his two friends were acquitted despite Lewis testifying against them.

Not saying he didn't do it, but whatever it was, he wasn't put on trial for it.

Vick played great last night. Every facet of his game was A+. If he can play close to this for the rest of the year, he will have lived up to the hype (finally).

This, plus, torturing and killing animals, even cute and lovable ones, pales in comparison to much of the other stuff.

I'm not a fan and never have been, and I'm also an animal lover in general and a dog lover in particular. When I read about what he'd been up to it turned my stomach - cruelty to animals is, IMO, the sign of a sick mind. In his defense, though, it wasn't TOTALLY pointless cruelty, it was just cruelty that I don't understand the point of. Not a big fan of dog fighting.

However, unless I've missed something he's never been accused of a crime against a person, which puts him above a whole slew of NFL stars.

If he earns the MVP, he should get it. I don't see it happening, but he was pretty decent last night.

This is exactly how I feel. I truly didn't even really know dog-fighting existed.:shrug: I also understand that in his world, this is normal behavior. It is sickening and disgusting, but also something he was raised around and "normal" to him.

I know it is not the same, but I feel the same about veal. I don't see why it is necessary to torture a cow before you kill it :(

And, I do think it is important as a society to celebrate reform after their debt has been paid. If we demonize all criminals, they can only just resort back to crime.

unless I've missed something he's never been accused of a crime against a person, which puts him above a whole slew of NFL stars.

I agree with you...I have pets and if someone hurt them I would be pissed but hurt a family member and the level of pissed off escalated to a whole different level.

we need to look at some of the people in the NFL and the crimes they have been convicted of...no one mentioned Stallworth the other day and he killed a man, father, husband....to me he committed a far worse of a crime than Vick. Donte destroyed a family, accidental or not

So I had an interesting convo last night on FB with some peeps during the early part of the game, and it made me wonder.....

Would you be okay with Vick winning NFL MVP this year? Do you love watching him play? Are you happy about his return, and his success?

I'm truly curious. I am NOT a fan of his, and I'm not convinced he's a changed man, and I think if he were chosen MVP, it would *almost* be as bad as OJ being heralded as one of the all-time greats. But maybe I'm just a hardass... :shrug:

Comments and opinions?
OJ was one of the all-time greats in the NFL. That doesn't mean you like anything else about the guy.

Vick is playing great, and he's not fighting/killing dogs anymore. I don't think the NFL (or any form of entertainment) is about role models, saintly behavior, or any of that other stuff. I can enjoy and admire how someone plays the game, but not want to live my life anything like them.

Most of the athletes (especially those that play the glamor positions) have been pampered, spoiled, or treated special for much of their lives. That gives them an unbalanced idea of their self importance and what they can get away with.

I'm not going to claim Vick is some great guy, but I'm also not going to let his past sins keep me from enjoying some outstanding performances by him this year. FWIW, I thought Vick was the most over rated QB in the league, before he got busted. Now, I think he's figured out how to play QB, and doing it at a very high level. BTW, he has the highest QB rating in the league for the season, and has yet to throw an interception.

1   Michael Vick   115.1
2   David Garrard   104.9
3   Philip Rivers   102.9
4   Tom Brady   98.8
5   Vince Young   97.6
6   Ben Roethlisberger   97.1
7   Kyle Orton   96.4
8   Tony Romo   94.9
9   Matt Cassel   94.5
10 Peyton Manning   93.9

Back