So about those deflated balls........

My coworker has a BMW and he had to reset it but it did not involve removing the tires.

The sensors are inside the tires on my car, a Lincoln MKZ. The worst part is the car's dashboard doesn't even tell you which sensor has the problem (needs to be reset). My mechanic said, just wait until you get new tires, and deal with it then. He also said that they have a built in battery on them that can go dead, requiring you to have to replace the sensor, as the battery can't be replaced.

His answer surprised me, as usually, he'd be happy to spend an hour on it and charge me a few hundred bucks for his work.

The sensors are inside the tires on my car, a Lincoln MKZ. The worst part is the car's dashboard doesn't even tell you which sensor has the problem (needs to be reset). My mechanic said, just wait until you get new tires, and deal with it then. He also said that they have a built in battery on them that can go dead, requiring you to have to replace the sensor, as the battery can't be replaced.

His answer surprised me, as usually, he'd be happy to spend an hour on it and charge me a few hundred bucks for his work.

That's the same as mine (Subaru) but once I put air in the tires the light goes out. His doesn't, he has to manually reset it after putting air in. Not sure as to his exact model but something like this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxwreDy_pUo

That's the same as mine (Subaru) but once I put air in the tires the light goes out. His doesn't, he has to manually reset it after putting air in. Not sure as to his exact model but something like this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxwreDy_pUo

On my car, if the message is just Low Tire, it doesn't need resetting. I'm getting an intermittent, Tire Pressure Sensor Fault message, which indicates a sensor needs to be reset (or worse).

On my car, if the message is just Low Tire, it doesn't need resetting. I'm getting an intermittent, Tire Pressure Sensor Fault message, which indicates a sensor needs to be reset (or worse).

Oh yeah the blinking one, mine will do that too if a sensor goes, but like yours, you won't know which one. Sorry I got confused.

My low tire indicator looks like a butt. So I call it the Butt Light. :coffee:

Never thought of that, but he light that came on was in the corolla and it also looks like a butt. :spock:

Cheers, BostonTim

How many people can say they had a real ghost pepper . I have it has a bad taste but one hell of a kick.

I grew them one year (two plants) but was very timid. Made a small batch of hot sauce, a three or four pepper blend with a very small touch of the bhut jolokia. I agree the taste was off and have returned to habanero blends. Taste-wise, the Habanero rocks and there's plenty of heat for me. :wave:

Cheers, BostonTim

Hmmmm.......

NFL won’t say whether PSI will be tested in Minnesota on Sunday

Posted by Mike Florio on January 8, 2016, 7:59 AM EST

The wild-card round of the playoffs will include a game at Minnesota featuring bitterly cold temperatures. It’s the kind of temperatures that makes things shrivel. Including but not limited to the air inside of a football.

But with the coldest game of the season looming (and with, as Dan Wetzel of Yahoo Sports has explained, PSI possibly dropping below 9.0), the NFL has no automatic plan to test the PSI of either team’s footballs on Sunday, at halftime or anytime.

“They are done randomly,” NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said Thursday via email regarding the league’s air-pressure testing protocol. “We are not given a list and we do not have a comment on other aspects of the program.”

Throughout the 2015 regular season, the NFL did indeed randomly test PSI levels. October comments from Commissioner Roger Goodell suggested that the program was less about science and more about enforcing the rules.

It became clear during the effort to suspend Patriots quarterback Tom Brady for his role in whatever other employees of the team were or weren’t doing that the NFL previously had no idea that footballs taken from a warm environment within the accepted range of 12.5 to 13.5 PSI into the cold would experience a decline in air pressure. As a result, when the footballs used by the Patriots in the AFC championship game last January showed PSI levels below the minimum of 12.5 at halftime, a strong presumption of tampering arose.

From that point forward, the process seemed to be focused on justifying that presumption and not understanding the science. The absence of curiosity about how PSI behaves in all types of playing conditions leads to one logical conclusion: The NFL doesn’t want to generate the kind of comprehensive, 333-game database of evidence that would possibly show that the Patriots didn’t cheat or that, at a minimum, the “more probable than not” conclusions from the notorious Ted Wells report were more probably than not aimed at reaching a predetermined result that meshed with the strong presumption that emerged as the PSI levels from the Patriots’ footballs were coming in under 12.5.

Instead of testing the air pressure at halftime and after every preseason, regular-season, and postseason game, the NFL has opted for randomness, with no commitment to disclose any of the information generated. As a result, no one knows when, where, or how often PSI testing will happen — with the exception of one report that PSI levels were checked during the Titans-Patriots game last month in New England.

Most importantly, no one will know what the measured levels were. Which will prevent anyone from comparing the readings on cold-weather days to the readings from a year ago and concluding that the results of the Wells investigation were inconclusive.

The NFL will eventually release information claiming that all footballs tested randomly throughout the 2015 season, in various weather conditions, had PSI measurements which fell within the 12.5-13.5 legal range.

It's the perfect time example to prove the pats wrong. It's going to be -12 wind chill.

A 12.5 psi ball will be at like 7 or 8 in those temps which is why neither Qb will be throwing the ball much. No way the league tests for that game.

The NFL will eventually release information claiming that all footballs tested randomly throughout the 2015 season, in various weather conditions, had PSI measurements which fell within the 12.5-13.5 legal range.
still flawed, without doing each game, I say that even if they say Pats are cleared

They will test, and we will either never know the results, or, to be honest, we won't believe them at this point, no matter what the results.

Lying liars who lie.

They will test, and we will either never know the results, or, to be honest, we won't believe them at this point, no matter what the results. Lying liars who lie.
If proved wrong. Goodell were be forced to apologize. Return all the draft picks & fines to NE.

Back