So I guess Patriots fans are psychos ?

Next thing you know a Patriots fan or two will confront poor Roger Goodell as he is shopping for groceries in Maine.

Oh geez this is embarrassing. I thought you guys already knew this...

ixh0zezedl4f9ybswp8e.jpg

How is Lil' Ronnie these days? :coffee:

Of course if Mort or BSPN ever came clean on the BS they started, things might be different.

ixh0zezedl4f9ybswp8e.jpg

How is Lil' Ronnie these days? :coffee:
That clown is a doctor of some sorts - Imagine going to get a injury checked out and he walks in all patch Adams with his Sixers jersey on - but is an angry Gacy type of clown?

As for death threats. BUllpoopoo!! I hope cancer takes you (as sick as that is) is not I will kill you.

grow a set mort you sackless asshat

ps I am glad you are doing better so I do not feel guilty telling you to GFY

People act like assholes on social media? Who knew.

Funny, how that article only concentrates on that issue. The original Ringer article talked about how the day after he wrote the infamous "11 of 12/2 lbs" garbage, he started to question it. He was "THE" insider for the NFL, and throughout his career they fed him a lot of inside information. The day after he wrote the condemning quote, he contacted someone at the NFL and basically said, "Are you sure about this?" they told him to let it go, don't say anything else.

So he knew the next day. He knew the thing was going to blow up. And he STILL didn't say one word because he STILL wanted to be the NFL guy. He STILL allowed his 11 of 12 to remain on the website for over a year. He STILL hasn't come out and told the truth, just that it was a mistake.

Well, his integrity is shit now and so is his legacy, even though people are all "Awww, gee, Mort, you have cancer." I'm not that forgiving. I don't wish him ill health, but I don't really care, either. And even in the darkest days of his illness when he may have died, and still may, he STILL hasn't come out and said, hey, I made a terrible mistake and assisted in tearing apart the reputation of one of the greatest players in NFL history, if not the greatest, and I was fed wrong information by so-and-so. I'M SORRY.

So, f*ck him.

Not to sound crass, but aren't Internet death threats common place? I mean social media is fertile ground for such garbage. This is why most celebs don't have Twitter or FB.

Not to sound crass, but aren't Internet death threats common place? I mean social media is fertile ground for such garbage. This is why most celebs don't have Twitter or FB.

he's looking for the pink hat vote?:shrug_n: :spock: :stirpot:

Cheers

Pardon me if I think that Mortensen is completely full of shit here. I don't believe a word that comes out of this liar's mouth

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

The first step is admitting they have a problem.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-jet-fanatic-speaks-tweeting-sanchez-death-threats-article-1.1223350

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

Oh geez this is embarrassing. I thought you guys already knew this...

http://www.totalprosports.com/2016/10/19/after-receiving-death-threats-colts-te-dwayne-allen-explained-he-was-praying-during-anthem-video/

Lots of pots calling kettles black around here

Funny, how that article only concentrates on that issue. The original Ringer article talked about how the day after he wrote the infamous "11 of 12/2 lbs" garbage, he started to question it. He was "THE" insider for the NFL, and throughout his career they fed him a lot of inside information. The day after he wrote the condemning quote, he contacted someone at the NFL and basically said, "Are you sure about this?" they told him to let it go, don't say anything else.

So he knew the next day. He knew the thing was going to blow up. And he STILL didn't say one word because he STILL wanted to be the NFL guy. He STILL allowed his 11 of 12 to remain on the website for over a year. He STILL hasn't come out and told the truth, just that it was a mistake.

Well, his integrity is shit now and so is his legacy, even though people are all "Awww, gee, Mort, you have cancer." I'm not that forgiving. I don't wish him ill health, but I don't really care, either. And even in the darkest days of his illness when he may have died, and still may, he STILL hasn't come out and said, hey, I made a terrible mistake and assisted in tearing apart the reputation of one of the greatest players in NFL history, if not the greatest, and I was fed wrong information by so-and-so. I'M SORRY.

So, f*ck him.

You had me at "Fvck him"

Pardon me if I think that Mortensen is completely full of shit here. I don't believe a word that comes out of this liar's mouth

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-jet-fanatic-speaks-tweeting-sanchez-death-threats-article-1.1223350

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

http://www.totalprosports.com/2016/10/19/after-receiving-death-threats-colts-te-dwayne-allen-explained-he-was-praying-during-anthem-video/

Lots of pots calling kettles black around here

Just shameful the things those Patriot fans said to Dwayne Allen.

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

The first step is admitting they have a problem.

It's taken a lot of hard, thankless work, but I think we're finally getting through to them.

So, f*ck him.

Channeling your inner Jerry I see.

Chris Mortensen admits he handled Deflategate poorly, claims he gets death threats
10.27.16 at 10:26 am ET

By Jerry Thornton

Ultimate NFL insider @mortreport spoke candidly with @bryancurtis on dealing with cancer, his wild past, and more https://t.co/JNL1i5QXBq

— The Ringer (@ringer) October 27, 2016

Bryan Curtis of The Ringer has posted a long, in depth profile of Chris “The Father of Deflategate Misinformation” Mortensen, talking about his life, his career, his battle with cancer and of course, Deflategate itself.

There’s a lot to unpack here. But let’s start with the aftermath of Mortensen’s infamous tweet saying 11 of the Patriots 12 footballs in the AFC title game were tested at two pounds per square under the minimum:

After the tweet, a second source, with whom Mort had a better relationship, urged him to adopt a broader description: that the balls were merely “significantly underinflated.” In that tweezers-sized distinction, you could see a preview of the madness that would become Deflategate. Mort told me, “That should have raised the journalist in me to a higher level. I’ve got to ask some more questions here. What are we talking about, 2 pounds under? But, no, I got to get on TV.” He had to be an insider.

In appearances on TV and radio, Mort said he immediately backtracked to the safer ground of “significantly underinflated.” But Mort’s January 20 tweet and ESPN.com story that contained the 2 pounds per square inch number remained uncorrected for more than six months . …

Mort’s cool began to melt only when he started to get a number of death threats. “What bothered me is we’re in an era where if your wife goes onto social media, she basically reads that they want you to die,” Mort said. “Even after I got cancer, I got some death wishes.”

The Mortensens live in Arkansas. But when Mort was working in Bristol, they often stayed in a house they leased in Connecticut. As the Deflategate threats began to pile up, Mort told Micki he didn’t want her traveling to Connecticut anymore. “My job is to protect her,” he said. When Mort himself came to Bristol, he behaved like someone who was living under a public threat. He went straight from the ESPN studio to his home, avoiding restaurants and rarely appearing in public.​

Look, I want to be kind to Chris Mortensen since he’s going through the living hell that is cancer treatment. I say with all my heart that I’m rooting for him to crush this disease and die an old man in his bed surrounded by loved ones many, many years from now.

But facts are facts. Mortensen admits here that he knew the information he put out there was pure horsecrap. And he did nothing. Even saying the balls were “significantly underinflated” was a pure lie. For the better part of two years he’s perpetuated the lie, kept the fire burning and continued to throw fresh wood on it like the time he went on Arizona radio to make up a story about Mr. Kraft and Jonathan Kraft apologizing to him.

And now, after the fire of falsehoods has finally burned itself out, he’s trying to kick around the embers and claim he didn’t correct the fake story because he’d said it on television? Bull. One hundred percent, Grade A, USDA Choice bull.

Secondly, while we’re on the subject of lies, I have a question about these “death threats” he’s implying came from Patriots fans. Who issued them? When? What did they say exactly? What happened when he told the police?

I mean, you can’t just casually throw out there that “Yeah, I people from New England saying they were going to come kill me and my wife. I was a big enough deal that we rearranged our lives, stopped traveling, looked over our shoulders and lived in fear. But what are ya gonna do? That’s those wacky Pats fans for ya.” That’s a big claim. One that smears the fans of an entire region as deranged, homicidal lunatics and deserves verification. But this Bryan Curtis doesn’t ask for it and Mortensen doesn’t provide it.

Then again, when it comes to publishing lies that can’t be backed up with any proof whatsoever, no one has anything on Chris Mortensen. Get well soon, Mort. But for God’s sakes, quit making up stories.

Here's Florio's take on Mort's story.

After fateful PSI report, NFL declined to give real numbers to Chris Mortensen

Posted by Mike Florio on October 27, 2016, 11:57 AM EDT

The #DeflateGate saga went from an eyebrow-raiser to a finger-pointer the moment ESPN’s Chris Mortensen reported that 11 of 12 footballs used by the Patriots measured at least two pounds below the 12.5 PSI minimum.

Like the AP report that the NFL received the Ray Rice elevator video before TMZ published it, the Mortensen report of gross underinflation made the retention of “independent” investigator Ted Wells something that the public not simply would support, but also would demand.

Regardless of how the false information made it to Mortensen (and it undoubtedly came from the league office), the league office refused to correct the record — despite moving swiftly to correct false information in many other contexts, as the New York Times now knows.

“I remember asking people in the league office, ‘Is there stuff we need to clarify?’” Mortensen told Bryan Curtis of The Ringer. “Basically, it was like, ‘Hey, let Ted Wells do his job.'”

That’s a damning indictment of the league’s role in creating the monster and then declining to kill it.
Regardless of the work of Ted Wells, the NFL at all times had the PSI measurements at its disposal. The league could have, and should have, told the truth about the PSI numbers.

To his credit, Mortensen never reacted to the fact that the NFL lied to him and then stonewalled him with the kind of anger and outcry that others (e.g., me) would have expressed if burned so badly by a source. Still, to the extent that Patriots fans or anyone else harbor any lingering resentment toward Mortensen regarding the fateful 11-of-12 football report, keep in mind that someone employed at 345 Park Avenue leaked clearly false information to Mortensen, and that someone employed at 345 Park Avenue refused to correct clearly false information at Mortensen’s request.

And so instead of a witch-hunt aimed at proving that the real PSI numbers showed cheating in connection with the 2014 AFC title game when, in reality, they don’t, maybe the league should have hired another “independent” investigator to figure out who breathed fraudulent life into #DeflateGate by lying to Chris Mortensen and then refusing to disclose the truth to him.

No matter how hard anyone tries to downplay the impact of the false PSI numbers on the overall case, #DeflateGate never would have happened without the disclosure of false numbers. If the true numbers had been reported before the work of Ted Wells was concluded, anyone who understands the Ideal Gas Law would have quickly and loudly explained that those numbers fall within the general range of measurements that would have been generated by the natural decline in air pressure after the football were exposed to more than 90 minutes to January air in Massachusetts.

Common sense suggests that the Ideal Gas Law and the deliberate release of air pressure would have combined to create far lower PSI numbers than those actually measured. You know, something like two pounds or more below the 12.5 PSI minimum.

Journalist? Mort? Is that what they call shameless NFL mouth pieces and lap dogs now?
I don't doubt that he received death threats. You could risk your life to save orphans from a burning building these days and you'll get death threat with your 15 minutes of fame. The internet has brought out the crazies in bunches. So somehow these sub-human beings should start acting like actual human beings because Mort got cancer? News to Mort: These people are not rational. Stop acting as if you think they are. You're just looking for pity to cover up for your shameful part in a shameful witch hunt.
Do everyone a favor Mort. Take Peter King and disconnect from the internet and public life and run out the clock on the rest of your lives. I'm sure the NFL will find plenty of willing and able shills to advance its agenda. I mean they've done pretty well without you around the last year. Don't fret about it. Go and live in peace.
In the meanwhile I'm breathlessly waiting to learn from Mort about how both Krafts called him personally and apologized to him about how this whole thing with death threats post cancer went down.

Back